Frauds try to be psychologists, fail miserably Topic

Posted by sol_phenom3 on 2/22/2014 3:36:00 PM (view original):
Why do we feed the troll?
+1

Please everyone...let these threads die. 
2/22/2014 3:37 PM
If you read these for entertainment, it is much less frustrating
2/22/2014 3:42 PM
I have no idea why you guys continue to humor etta.....even last year's model (colonels19) is shaking his head in wonderment.
2/22/2014 3:57 PM
wonderment - a state of awed admiration or respect.
2/22/2014 4:00 PM
OK, I'll bite only once: I think definition #2 is the most accurate in this situation.

won·der·ment noun \-m?nt\

: a feeling of being surprised or amazed

Full Definition of WONDERMENT

: a cause of or occasion for wonder

: astonishment, surprise

: curiosity about something
2/22/2014 4:20 PM
It is interesting how the meaning of words evolves.  Today, we think of the word "wonderful" as a positive - it has a meaning that includes a positive sense.

In colonial times, it meant more like "surprising" - something was "wonderful" if it would surprise you, make you wonder.

Not that that has anything to do with etta's problems with the game and with other posters, but I find it interesting.
2/22/2014 4:53 PM
I would have to disagree, I've seen some real trolls at work and it looks nothing like this. If all he has to show for it after a months time is only having gotten himself banned and made only himself looks like a joke then that = worst troll in the history of the interwebz.
2/22/2014 4:59 PM
Posted by fd343ny on 2/22/2014 4:53:00 PM (view original):
It is interesting how the meaning of words evolves.  Today, we think of the word "wonderful" as a positive - it has a meaning that includes a positive sense.

In colonial times, it meant more like "surprising" - something was "wonderful" if it would surprise you, make you wonder.

Not that that has anything to do with etta's problems with the game and with other posters, but I find it interesting.
Indeed it is interesting. It's also interesting that in some ways the language has been changed to accommodate what used to be considered errors as well. Not saying you made any, just giving it as another example.
2/22/2014 5:10 PM
Posted by nachopuzzle on 2/22/2014 4:59:00 PM (view original):
I would have to disagree, I've seen some real trolls at work and it looks nothing like this. If all he has to show for it after a months time is only having gotten himself banned and made only himself looks like a joke then that = worst troll in the history of the interwebz.
And yet you hang on my every word and fall all over yourself to engage in conflict with me on the board.
2/22/2014 5:10 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 2/22/2014 5:10:00 PM (view original):

Indeed it is interesting. It's also interesting that in some ways the language has been changed to accommodate what used to be considered errors as well. Not saying you made any, just giving it as another example.
Exactly
2/22/2014 5:25 PM
Posted by fd343ny on 2/22/2014 5:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ettaexpress on 2/22/2014 5:10:00 PM (view original):

Exactly
Kind of a frightening thought when one considers how common poor grammar and spelling is today.
2/22/2014 5:29 PM
Those two things sure is common.
2/22/2014 5:31 PM
Considers
2/22/2014 5:32 PM
Damn he fixed that fast.
2/22/2014 5:32 PM
Started out structuring the sentence one way, then changed my mind, but forgot to edit the verb.

Glad to see you all are still hyper-obsessed with everything I write, though.
2/22/2014 5:35 PM
◂ Prev 1...16|17|18|19|20 Next ▸
Frauds try to be psychologists, fail miserably Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.