All-Out Attack: A unique dynasty build attempt Topic

Since this post seems to be fairly active, it seems as good of a place as any to inquire about interest in a multi-world Champions League.  My most competitive team's world has pretty much become a ghost town over the last few seasons, and I think it'd be great to see where they actually stand.  Who's in?  I'd probably be willing and able to organize if we get enough people (perhaps we could spread the word by individual World Chat messages).  Otherwise, feel free to send my Bordeaux United team some challenges!
4/19/2014 3:49 PM
I would be interested too
4/21/2014 7:40 AM
keen
4/22/2014 11:41 AM
Oh heck yes. I've got a couple of teams that I'd like to see how they stack up with some different competition.
4/22/2014 1:15 PM
I'd say we should try to A) Start another thread for it specifically so that people know what's going on and B) Spread the word in world chats that is a solid idea.
4/22/2014 1:17 PM
I'll put something together soon.  I'd like to do a Group and Knockout if we can get enough teams.
4/22/2014 5:51 PM
I'd be in too, I have two teams
4/26/2014 6:12 PM
Check out the new posting to register for the FCD Inter-World Cup!
4/27/2014 3:59 PM
Update: 26 games in and we sit in second, two points ahead of third (but fairly far off of first, 10 points). We just brought in a 69 oa forward who looks to be an important piece for us going forward.
5/5/2014 11:57 PM
We slumped a bit toward season's end and finished 4th. Just didn't have enough quality on the bench to get things done when the starters were unavailable. We did bring in a 69 oa F in at midseason, so that will help. Issue #2 is the fact that I won't have much cash to play with at the rollover, just about $2.5 million. I've been doing an uncharacteristically poor job of money management on this team, but I'm chalking that up to the fact that I'm taking the "win now" route, and I think this team will be capable of doing just that in season 3 with a few more quality adds.
5/20/2014 11:33 PM
Beginning of Season 3, just got through the meat of free agency. Here's what I came down with:

GK- 20/57. He's going to be a developmental project. He started as a 50 oa 18 year old, but never saw much PT with his old club (17 games in 2 seasons) so I thought I'd give him a shot.
F- NF 32/61. Key ratings: FKD: 85, Shoot: 84, PM: 77. With no defensive ratings below 60, he'll see a lot of PT as a Wide Defender.
F- 31/69. Key ratings: CKO: 86, CKD: 95, Drib: 85, Shoot: 85, Tack: 91. He will be the other Wide Defender.
F- AV 32/61. Key ratings: CKD: 80, Drib: 89, Ball Strike: 83. A solid up and down player, he's a guy who has no real weak links and is a Box-to-Box kind of player. However, though he is a jack of all trades, he is also a master in none. He will be playing as a Wide Midfielder.
F- 32/69. Key ratings: Stamina: 91, Pass: 90, Shoot: 86, Rec: 92. The big get of this class, he can literally do it all, and do it all decently well. However, I want this team's strength to be up front, so he'll be playing Center Forward in hopes that he can facilitate the attack.
F- 23/59. Key ratings: Shoot: 85. He's the developmental player, as all the 18 year old forwards were far too expensive for me. (Cheapest one worth a hoot, an 18/41 F with 55 shooting and a lot of work to do elsewhere went for $360K.) He has a lot of flaws, but he could make a nice goalscorer at the very least.

Projected Lineups:

GK:
20/57- He will be the everyday starter, but I'll be avoiding him like the plague against top teams, in favor of...
Bench:
28/68- Our starter from last season.

Defense:
31/69- See above.
34/69- That midseason add from last season. Only scored 6 goals in 17 games up front after arriving last season and he'll be heading to the back. Such is life in this system.
35/66- After putting the ball in the back of the net 40 times in his first season with the club, he only popped in 11 in his first season at the back. He'll stay in Central Defense this season.
NF 32/61- FA signing. See above.
Bench:
33/63- Was a starting defender last season, he will come off the bench in defense this time around. I'll get to the other starting D from last season in a second.
29/54- The top backup from last season moves a little further down the line this season. He's a solid defender and he'll be sticking around for a while longer at least.
33/58- Servicable backup D, but he'll be out of here at the end of the season.

Midfield:
AV 32/61- See above.
34/64- The only actual midfielder on the roster. He's a set piece master and the midfield maestro of the team.
31/67- The other starting defender from last season and after scoring 17 times, he hops up to the middle, where I think he is better suited.
Bench:
28/61- A starter last year, after scoring 13 times last season, he'll move to the top backup role in the middle of the field.
26/62- Also a starter at mid from last season. 12 goals last season.
27/56- The top backup mid from last season, he played in 19 games. Expect him to see even fewer this season.
33/55- After playing 16 games last season, he'll be lucky to touch the field this year. He'll be gone at season's end.

Forward:
23/59- FA Signing. See above
32/69- FA Signing. See above.
29/64- The only returning starter up front and for good reason. He scored 33 goals in as many games last season, good for 4th in the league.
Bench:
34/63- The second leading scorer from last year's team with 25 goals in 28 games. He becomes the first off the bench.
27/62- After a solid start to his Cruz Rojo career early on (See the updates from season one earlier in the thread) he came back down to earth. He finished last season with 13 goals to his name.
29/56- Another guy who served me well early on, but will likely be shown the door at the end of the season. Played in just 8 games last season, scoring 3 goals.

Should be another good season. I see a top 3 finish for sure. Gunning for top 2. Worth noting, this league has some crazy scorers. 33 got my top scorer fourth. The league leader scored (are you sitting down for this one?) 71 goals.
5/27/2014 1:05 AM
fun thread. you still going with this team?
2/10/2016 5:57 PM
In reference to speed and crazy ratings, my first free agent pickup has now, in his 4th season with me and at 26 years of age, hit 100 speed rating. His OA is 63, he plays attack, his other physical ratings are pretty good too (70s for strength and 50s for agility and stamina), and he has solid skill ratings (70s for passing, shooting, etc). I'm planning on keeping him until his speed drops below 60, which, to my (probably) flawed math should be when he's like 39 heh.
2/26/2016 2:15 PM
In case any one was wondering about other particulars, was originally a player on a team that SIM'd out (or whatever it's called when an account drops), looks like he got developed rather nicely on that team (started off a bench player for the first 2 years then played the last two as a starter) and I choose him because of speed + he had 20 goals the season before. Well, the first season for me was rough, he only had 7 goals (poor service, crap team around him, I had no clue what I was doing and decided to just play young 20s OA guys at the end to try and get them to improve). 20+ the last two seasons for me though.
2/26/2016 2:18 PM
Posted by bigham23 on 2/10/2016 5:57:00 PM (view original):
fun thread. you still going with this team?
Unfortunately, no. I abandoned the idea when I cut back on the number of teams I was running. I've thought about building another team this way and may do so if I find the time to start up a new club, but unfortunately I stopped on this.
3/15/2016 10:00 PM
◂ Prev 123
All-Out Attack: A unique dynasty build attempt Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.