No longer good to be in 2 leagues!! Topic

Nope.   Your words:  "will probably not renew teams even though I have played for years"

How should that be interpreted?

Personally, i think you overreacted to a rather unique situation.  The "fix" required you to un-check one box.   What you do after resolving that crisis is up to you.   It's not like you're in one of my worlds.  
2/19/2014 12:15 PM
Posted by pjfoster13 on 2/19/2014 10:39:00 AM (view original):
There are few literary devices as powerful as... the dramatic pause
Great comment    :-)
2/19/2014 12:29 PM
Posted by keithjs on 2/18/2014 2:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 2/18/2014 8:33:00 AM (view original):

Since we're sharing credentials . . . I have over 31 years as a technical IT professional, I have both a B.S. and an M.S. in Computer Science, and I've given technical presentations at multiple industry conferences and user groups.  So I also understand programming and how computers work, just a little bit.

As I mentioned, I use Chrome as my browser at home, I use IE as my browser at work, and I have not experiened this problem with either browser.  If this were a pervasive issue, then other HBD users would have been all over this long before you posted here yesterday.

My experience in following these forums is that 99% of the time when users are seeing "weird" browser problems, clearing the cookies from your browser will resolve the abnormal behavior.  I would suggest that you try it (if you haven't already), and if that does not resolve it, then open a ticket with WIS (if you haven't already).

There are lots of folks here in the forum that are willing to try to help.  Dismissing thir comments and suggestions, which are often given from actual experience, doesn't really get you any further along.

Computers were around 31 years ago?
Yep ...used my first main frame in a Numerical Analysis course as a senior Math major in 1968. ...I am not the youngest guy here.
2/19/2014 12:31 PM
Posted by sdjessie on 2/19/2014 12:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/19/2014 11:22:00 AM (view original):
To break it down:

I guess the company no longer desires managers to own 2 teams ... I think they probably want people to own dozens of teams.   False assumption and you know it.

I am in 2 leagues and check both every day ... I go to the Negro league first ... then to LEG ...just got an email saying I had not logged into LEG for 4 days and the AI was going to take over my team ... what kind of crap is that!!!! I did see that it showed the 14th so I logged in again and went to LEG first and it seemed to show up OK ... You confirm that the system does not show you logging in but now it does.   The assumption on my part is that you simply forgot to check your other world.   Happens to most people with multiple teams.

but why have you go through needless work ,,, a BUNCH OF CRAP!!!! When i tried to paste this message in it says because of my browser I must use CTRL + V ... I use Google Chrome - the most used browser worldwide ... .will probably not renew teams even though I have played for years   Now you've played the victim who will probably just take his ball and go home.
And your input is of the nature " take your ball and go home" is it not?
  I make changes daily but your assumption is that I forgot ... are you again saying " take your ball and go home."
I am afraid you did not see the sarcasm in the first comment as I was very unhappy with the conclusion that I looked as if I had abandoned the team.

And as far as your comment "Now you've played the victim who will probably just take his ball and go home" and your assumption that after playing 45 seasons that I just forgot to check ....my advice is ... stay in your field and do not think about moving to customer service.

2/19/2014 12:49 PM (edited)
Thanks for the advice.

I'm around a good bit.   I have four teams.   I forget to check one every now and then.   Most "problems" that are posted in this forum are user error.  IMO, the best thing that happened was the email saying "Hey, looks like you're not checking your team".   It created an action from you to "reclaim" your team.    I wish I'd get reminders like that in every day life.   "Hey, Mike, your anniversary is next week.  You're not waiting til the last minute to get your wife a gift are you?"    "Hey, Mike, you've got a game Wednesday.   Why are you telling that person that you're free on Wednesday night?" 
2/19/2014 1:01 PM
Posted by pjfoster13 on 2/18/2014 3:49:00 PM (view original):
Chrome is obv not as good as everyone thinks it is, obv
Just a friendly comment about Chrome ... it uses standardization which some other browsers do not ... this is one reason why some say it is more secure. The site that gives worldwide comparisons of usage of browsers, mobile operating systems and so forth is http://gs.statcounter.com/#browser-ww-monthly-201301-201401 ... the most current WORLDWIDE stat is 43.67% Chrome and 22.85% IE ... one reason is the open source nature and the goal of keeping costs down. In the U.S. it is much closer ... but still 33.81% Chrome and 27.96% IE ... and others lower ... there are still many colleges with laptop programs and deals with IE pre-installed ... and that is helping keep up percents here ... The difference is much greater in developing countries to save costs ... for example in INDIA it is Chrome 55.76% to IE with 11.21 and in Uruguay 60.1% Chrome to 11.21 IE ... I am not trying to be a know it all but there are many reasons why there is a move towards Chrome... none the least of which is the standardization/compatability issues
 gs.statcounter.com provides a wealth of information  ... just an FYI ... and I am not trying to be argumentative with this note.

2/19/2014 1:18 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 123
No longer good to be in 2 leagues!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.