The Engine is Broken Topic

Posted by sol_phenom3 on 2/20/2014 11:12:00 PM (view original):
The sad thing is that despite this upset, Boston College will still end the season without a PIT berth and probably remain at a C- prestige. 

By the way, the engine still has no respect for non-power conference schools like Wichita State. Baseline prestige is holding them back. Despite a Final Four appearance last year and a 28-0 season thus far, they're not even projected as a #1 seed and their prestige is hovering just above a B and probably won't improve to a B+ unless they win it all this year. 
so... you are saying the chance of wichita state winning each game is 50% then. this makes absolutely no sense, how come they have no losses when the chance of winning 50 games in a row is 1 in a million billion? you know in real life, that would never happen, i've never seen a sim so stupid in my life where wichita state would be 28-0. what a joke
2/21/2014 2:36 AM
Posted by nachopuzzle on 2/21/2014 2:24:00 AM (view original):
lulz, Etta is talking about "personal attacks" again...I thought we were discussing the inherently unpredictable nature of collegiate basketball, however, if anybody can recognize threatening behavior it is obviously ettaexpress since he's already been banned once for such actions.
only because I hate it when a post of mine is the last one on a page.
2/21/2014 2:52 AM
Posted by ettaexpress on 2/20/2014 11:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mamxet on 2/20/2014 5:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ettaexpress on 2/20/2014 5:27:00 PM (view original):
This entire thread should be reported. 

Completely ridiculous the behavior that's being allowed to go on here, the senseless targeting of a board member for no reason.

Hopefully you all are smart enough to see the obvious fallacies in what you're saying, but I'm not sure some of you are.
I do not see any personal attacks - are there any in this thread?

I do not see any threats or targetting of a person - are there any in this thread?

I see a lot of parody of words and analysis.  And the parody fits really well.

I do see in the quoted words above a statement about posters - how smart or not smart they are - an ad hominem attack on a broad group of posters. 
The whole thread is a personal attack and you know it.

And no it doesn't fit very well unless you have a very loose grip on both logic and reality.
As I understand the term "personal attack" it means an attack on the person as a person.  It does not mean an attack or parody of what a person has said or on arguments and analysis that a person has made.

If personal attack includes disagreements, parody and mockery of a person's analysis, then any debate consists entirely of personal attacks, which is not how I understand the term.

Personal attack is about ad hominem - things like you are stupid, you are of a certain background, you are .....etc.   That is my view and I dont see it here.  Personal attack does not mean any post that makes a certain poster unhappy because it challenges or parodies what he has said.
2/21/2014 5:50 AM
Posted by ettaexpress on 2/20/2014 5:27:00 PM (view original):
This entire thread should be reported. 

Completely ridiculous the behavior that's being allowed to go on here, the senseless targeting of a board member for no reason.

Hopefully you all are smart enough to see the obvious fallacies in what you're saying, but I'm not sure some of you are.
Wait, I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying the views in this thread are absurd, founded in lack of knowledge and experience, and even insulting?
2/21/2014 7:31 AM
Etta implied he's a board member. 

To my awareness the only member of the board at HD Co. is seble.

Therefore Etta is seble. 
2/21/2014 8:43 AM
I don't think the phrase "personal attack" means what you think it means, EE.
2/21/2014 9:56 AM
man stop being so rational guys, theres already plenty of material to be drawn from, don't think we need to evoke any more :)
2/21/2014 11:59 AM
Posted by sol_phenom3 on 2/20/2014 7:44:00 AM (view original):
This game is proof that the engine is broken.  

A 6-19 team should never beat a 25-0 team.

Someone needs to fix the real life game engine. 
Possibly my favorite post, ever
2/21/2014 2:01 PM
that's what Boheim gets for running slow down and playing -5
2/21/2014 8:09 PM
◂ Prev 1234
The Engine is Broken Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.