I've seen it with the "Shoulder, aneurysm", almost every time to some degree. That's the only one I have personal experience with.
3/11/2014 2:52 PM
Since the thread started I decided I sacrifice a couple players to the medical bug gods to see if it can work with a medical budget of $10M-
www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx Ricky Prokopec - His development stalled out so I took a shot to see if I could get a bump anywhere, he net-gained +1 in health but remained even at Dur :( and didn't get any type of skills boosts like for Control or P1-5 :(
www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx Jason Oliver- similarly, +1 health but no other gains

Prokopec's injury was was minor but Oliver's major so that didn't matter.  Should we speculate that the bug "functions" even at lower medical budgets but truly "works" (like how MikeT gave a few of those guys superhuman gains) only if you have a large medical budget ? Does anyone know the exact threshold whether it's 16, 18, 20, etc?

3/11/2014 4:14 PM
I know it works with 14m(lowest I've had in forever because I keep my teams).   It's not as substantial as 20m but it does give two bumps and makes the player better. 

Prokopec had a groin strain.  Useless for pitchers.   You need arm/elbow/shoulder for pitchers.
Oliver should have gotten arm/contact gains at the very least.   10m sucks. 

3/11/2014 4:23 PM
For guys less than 3rd year, the learned increases you got from those injury boosts are about as good as those would get from coaching, so it would probably still be worth it to gain some extra dur and health points esp for SPs, and ESP for guys that are past their 3rd year.  10m definitely sucks
3/11/2014 4:42 PM
haha Arias went +4 dur, +4 health, +4 power, time to start checking your connections to Latin American health facilities
3/11/2014 4:45 PM
It's essentially a math question on what ratings he will recover in, how many regular cycles he'll miss and what position he'll play in the bigs.

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Buzz Kramer is on the same team.  He had a 9-10 day groin injury.   Since he'll be a 1B/DH, gains in range/speed/baserunning aren't worth missing a couple of regular season development cycles in contact/splits. 
3/11/2014 4:55 PM
There was talk a week or so ago, a pitcher gained 10 points from an injury bug. 
3/11/2014 9:55 PM
lol that guy is superhuman. I want that guy
3/11/2014 11:58 PM
Any predictions on if Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Robert Miller will get the bump in the next cycle? Initial injury was 94 days, ankle, bone bruise. I have 20m in medical. eligible to come off the dl now.
3/27/2014 1:34 PM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.