D3, Season 72 Topic

We were a meaningless late game 3 away from holding Joshua Wallace to under 20!

Small wins in year 2, small wins...
3/26/2014 7:19 AM
Haha Jsa, forget about small wins, how about your first half against me?

Guys, I am definitely going to be late with today's report because I am making some important changes that will take some time. Hopefully in the future all of us will be reading these at work :D
3/26/2014 9:38 AM
Hi everyone! I was the old coach of Vassar from seasons 5-25 or something around that. It's great to see they've been taken over by such a awesome coach (theriddler). In any case just wanted to say that I'll be back in this world in DIV 3 at Wesleyan. Can't wait to start playing again :)
3/26/2014 11:21 AM
Welcome back curtains, always good to add quality coaches to Rupp.
3/26/2014 4:54 PM
No change in the top five today as all the top teams won last night.  Somehow beating up on an 0-15 team didn't get Wooster back into the rankings.  I demand an investigation.

Last Night
Trinity 70   #12 Hendrix 66   OT
We got another exciting GotN last night in the University.  Trinity was down 5 at the half but quickly pulled back into the lead early in the second half.  Home-team Hendrix was able to keep it close though and finally pulled back ahead with a basket  around the five and a half minute mark.  The two teams traded the lead back and forth the rest of the way until Hendrix was forced to foul after a clutch offensive rebound by Trinity with just seven seconds on the clock.  Trinity made both freebies and then Hendrix brought the home fans to life with a buzzer-beating 3ptr to send the game to OT tied at 61.  Trinity was able to regroup though and made a push in the last couple minutes of OT, getting three key defensive stops in a row to seal the victory.

Also considered: #1 Piedmont pulled away in the second half to beat North Carolina Wesleyan 95-70, #6 Emerson got a late 3ptr to force OT and held on to edge Suffolk 72-70, #11 Oglethorpe got past Palm Beach Atlantic 70-58, and #19 Allegheny came back in the second half to get the road win over Kenyon 70-57.

Sim blowout watch: Massachusetts Liberal Arts got the liberally artistic cover against #18 Fitchburg St. 47-86.

ITaLRbHAGotN: John Carroll was able to extend a slim 1 point halftime lead and pulled away from Mount Union for the 88-70 home court victory.  John Carroll is now 5-0 in conference and one game ahead of three pursuers, including Mount Union.

GotN
#11 Oglethorpe (15-0)(getiguy) at #1 Piedmont (15-0)(bunkerbuster)
Yet another big game for our undefeated #1 team as they face the other undefeated ranked team in their conference.  Two teams enter, one team leaves.  Oglethorpe players may want to try blowing whistles to see if the Piedmont players fall over in pain and then grab the giant hammer.

Also considered: #6 Emerson at #21 Johnson and Wales, #23 Christopher Newport at #9 Greensboro, #12 Hendrix at Rhodes, Pacific Lutheran at #16 Willamette, #19 Allegheny at Denison, and #24 Ozarks at Southwestern

Sim blowout watch: La Verne is getting 68 points on the road at #10 Whittier while Schreiner is a 65 point home dog to #7 Hardin-Simmons.

ITaLRbHAGotN
Aurora (12-3)(jbra12) at Webster (9-6)(mschulte24)
Both teams are 5-0 atop the St. Louis conference west division and this is the first of their two games.  Will this finally be the year that Aurora challenges the Gorloks for the conference title?  mschulte has won all 29 meetings between these two (ouch) and the odds-makers have it as an even pick.  I can feel the tension just typing about this game.
3/26/2014 5:27 PM
Welcome back curtains. I'm with Pseudo, nice to have you back! Well it took me longer than I thought to switch over but I am finally finished. Let me know what you all think and FYI I used an old site me and PlatoIsek were working on (we kind of forgot about it over time) so just ignore the buttons at the top. 

Game 15 MVPotN
3/26/2014 5:52 PM (edited)
Wow big thumbs up for the PotN website!
3/27/2014 9:32 AM
Thanks Spasticity, I had you and Plato in mind when I put it together :) And I have finished the MVPotN for today also but I don't have access to the home computer right now to post the link so just click on the link two posts up, it's up to date for Game 16.

3/27/2014 11:25 AM
One small thing I noticed is you have the same stats in the table for Sohn and Quinto..  Looks like Quinto's stats got copied over for Sohn.  I kept thinking, man they had remarkably similar games!

I'd have to agree with Wallace for PotN.  34 pts, 7 ast, 6 stl against a ~100 RPI team is tough to beat.  Rewakowski is a good 2nd choice, with an efficient double-double against a slightly worse RPI team.

Again, great job with that site and writeup! 
3/27/2014 12:56 PM
Once again not much change around the top of the rankings, but we're down to just four undefeated teams now with one of them being simmed.

Last Night
#16 Oglethorpe 82   #1 Piedmont 89
After a disappointing first half where they shot just 40% and made only one 3ptr, Oglethorpe found themselves down by 13 at the break.  But the visitors were able to regroup and made it quite the game in the second half.  They quickly closed the gap and kept within striking distance of top-ranked Piedmont the entire way.  Oglethorpe completed the comeback and tied the game with just under two minutes left, but Piedmont locked things down and finished on a 9-2 run to secure the home victory.

Also considered: #6 Emerson got past #24 Johnson and Wales 90-79, #8 Greensboro road a big first half to the home win over Christopher Newport 92-78, #11 Hendrix edged Rhodes 75-71, #12 Willamette cruised past Pacific Lutheran 83-48, #19 Allegheny had no trouble with Denison 90-60, and #21 Ozarks got the road win at Southwestern 89-61.

Sim blowout watch: La Verne held #10 Whittier to an even number and covered 61-100 and Schreiner was not as close but still covered against #9 Hardin-Simmons 47-105.

ITaLRbHAGotN: Aurora got a late 3pt play to force overtime where they pulled away from Webster to win 65-56.  And a single tear slowly rolled down a sad Gorlok cheek.

GotN
#11 Hendrix (13-2)(carson333) at #5 Dallas (14-2)(tarvolon)
Another nice game in the University as these ranked two-conference-loss teams meet for their annual cross-divisional matchup.  Both teams are chasing first place teams in their division so they need wins to keep pace.  carson won the previous game between these coaches but the home team is favored by 1 tonight.

Also considered: #23 North Carolina Wesleyan at #16 Oglethorpe, Christopher Newport at #1 Piedmont, Earlham at #3 Grove City, #12 Willamette at Whitworth, S. Vermont at #13 Rivier, and #15 Emory and Henry at Virginia Wesleyan

Sim blowout watch: Three spreads in the 60's tonight: Haverford getting 66 at #7 Dickinson, Methodist with 62 hosting #8 Greensboro, and repeat-performer Texas Tyler as a 61 point road dog at #22 Colorado.

ITaLRbHAGotN
#9 Hardin-Simmons (16-0)(sublightd) at Austin (12-3)(ricosuave21)
Big game in the American Southwest tonight as both of these teams are undefeated in conference and tied atop the east division.  Winner gets the early lead for the conference title and bragging rights until the rematch a week or so later.  sublightd has a big 22-5 lead in the all-time series and his team is favored by 2 on the road in this one.
3/27/2014 4:21 PM
Thanks a bunch Spasticity and also for pointing out the Sohn and Quinto similarities. Actually you are right, I copied one of their stats and forgot which one I copied so I just pasted it into both slots for the time-being. Guess I forgot to go back and get the other one's stats, hahaha. I will fix it though before Bobmeyer notices :P. I'm glad you guys enjoy reading the write up, I'll keep doing it at least until the end of the season :)

GotN looks like it's going to be a good one.
3/27/2014 6:00 PM
I have two teams and this is not the GotN of the two. In Allen I am also playing Tarvolon, and Vegas has the game as even.
3/27/2014 8:05 PM
I dunno, the one in Rupp is between two ranked teams. Although mine in Rupp is way overrated. Still should be a nice pair of games. 
3/27/2014 10:58 PM
The results for game 17 are finished. You can copy and paste the following link or just click on the one a few posts up, they go to the same place :)

http://dilloncail.yolasite.com/mvpotn
3/28/2014 9:58 AM
I think team perimeter rating should play a much larger role in calculating the projection report.  That's it.

Last Night
#18 Hendrix 54   #4 Dallas 66
Visiting Hendrix had a solid first half on offense and played even better defense to go into the locker room with a 33-27 lead.  The upset was not to be, however, as Dallas mounted a slow and steady charge in the second half.  They retook the lead about six minutes in and then never looked back, pulling away slowly for the double-digit home win.  Much to carson's chagrin, tarvolon also beat him over in Allen 72-62.

Also considered: #12 Oglethorpe road a big first half to a 77-62 win over North Carolina Wesleyan, #1 Piedmont took care of Christopher Newport at home 85-75, #3 Grove City pulled away from Earlham 77-59, #11 Willamette got past Whitworth 81-70, S. Vermont scored a road upset of Rivier 68-59, and #13 Emory and Henry downed Virginia Wesleyan 85-70.

Sim blowout watch: Two of our hapless sims covered last night: Methodist lost big but still covered against #9 Greensboro 62-114 and Texas Tyler was closer in their cover at #22 Colorado 57-99.  Haverford on the other hand... well, they definitely did not cover.  They were destroyed by #8 Dickinson 53-135 to become our second official blowout victim of the season.  Poor Haverford...

ITaLRbHAGotN: Speaking of not-at-all close games, #7 Hardin-Simmons won with ease against Austin 112-72 to claim the top spot in the ASC divisional standings.

GotN
#24 Johnson and Wales (12-4)(spasticity) at #20 Rivier (15-2)(jack_duck)
Four teams currently have one loss in Great Northeast play and two of them are meeting in this cross-divisional matchup.  J-Dub is in a three tie for their division lead while Rivier has a slim one game lead on their side.  spasticity has the 34-17 advantage between these two, the odds-makers have this one as an even pick.

Also considered: #9 Greensboro at #12 Oglethorpe, #3 Grove City at Wabash, #4 Dallas at Trinity, Occidental at #22 Colorado, and #23 Emory and Sewanee

Sim blowout watch: Shenandoah is a big 82 point home dog as they host undefeated #1 Piedmont.

ITaLRbHAGotN
#17 Calvin (15-2)(prc56) at Olivet (12-5)(gatorfan2005)
We have a nice cross-divisional game over in the Michigan conference as Calvin puts their perfect conference record to the test in a road trip to Olivet.  Calvin currently has a one game lead in their division so another win keeps them alone in first while Olivet is in a three-way tie for their division lead.  gatorfan has a big 17-9 lead in the series but the visitors are favored by 7 in this one.
3/28/2014 4:20 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10...17 Next ▸
D3, Season 72 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.