Important HBD poll! Please participate!!!!!!!!!!1 Topic

Clueless.

Sim sports - Baseball, Hockey, Basketball - you're 100% correct.

Progressive leagues, like HBD, Clutch Dynasty, Gridiron Dynasty...terrible idea.

Go to the latter two's discussion boards and see how fundementally changing a game works in progressive sims.

Now, if you want HBD II as a separate product, and start those leagues from season 1, you're whistling Dixie. But fundamentally changing an existing progressive league structure is a horrid idea.
3/6/2014 2:04 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/6/2014 12:17:00 PM (view original):
Maybe.  I began to limit him to 2-3 sentences when he proclaimed that high make-up could counteract low splits/pitches for RP. 
I have already admitted I was wrong. Sorry, bro. Do you feel better now if I stroke your ego a little? That's no reason not to bother reading the posts on this topic, as you might learn something. If you don't read it, it's just because you're being a d*ck on purpose
3/6/2014 2:06 PM

The idea that this game cannot be improved to attract a larger and more active customer group is way wrong and misplaced. 
As is the idea that the game should not change because I like it the way it is or saying "well I like my Worlds so nothing should change" is short sighted and selfish.

More users playing are better, the focus should be what would it take to attract more users.

hate on pjfoster13 because he is new
or
for presenting his thoughts on HBD gameplay as fact (even if he apologizes and gives thanks for being corrected)
or
for typing a lot words

but without new owners, who are community participants this site will keep trending down.  not even 6 months ago the site was filled with disappoint and complaints

the sim is not broken if it is what it is.

unrelated question; why was this thread changed to click to show topic status? as opposed to being able to just click on the thread title to open

3/6/2014 2:27 PM
That has to do with your settings - it must be getting some thumbs down which dropped it's rating below your threshold for what you see.
3/6/2014 2:30 PM
No, it's because I have better things to do that read posts by people I think are clueless. 

First, I'm almost positive you're an alias for someone who's been here awhile.
Second, if you're not an alias, you have ONE completed season.   Not to be overly rude but I'm not sure you understand how the game works yet.   If that's the case, your ideas on how to make it better are pretty much invalid.
Three, I don't find your "style" particularly interesting.  No point in reading a book when the first three sentences don't catch my interest.
Finally, throwing out bad info like it's a fact is what annoys me.  People who don't know what they don't know don't always know the best place to get their info.  I've already been over that.

Put all that together and you need to be succinct if you think I'm going to read your posts. 
3/6/2014 2:31 PM
I don't believe anyone is hating on anyone.    It's a free world.   pjf is free to type as many words as he wants.  I'm free to not read them.   That's not hating.   It's just a fact.

I DO have a problem with presenting incorrect information as fact.   Especially if you can't even provide the slightest bit of evidence to back up your claim.   N00b A may read what's written today and take it as gospel.   Three weeks later, he reads the retraction and apology.    It's just too bad that he's gone thru FA and ST, making trades along the way, and built his team on bad info. 

I just don't see the point in making an incorrect statement on gameplay unless you think it's funny to **** with people.
3/6/2014 2:39 PM
Posted by pjfoster13 on 3/6/2014 1:59:00 PM (view original):
" Is WiS a hot fresh young venture wanting to roll out the hottest and fastest new thing? Maybe at one time it was. It's not now. "

HBD is obvious on plateau, as it has a consistent user base and the interface never changes.  But a plateau does not necessarily have to plateau then decline.  It can plateau and then go up again.  There's no reason why it can't.  It can't because the old guard resists it.  If you use your imagination, the sheer numbers are probably that for every one of you there are 10 of me, but you don't hear from us and we come and go because you guys don't embrace what could be done differently.  I'm sure that if the devs were presented a choice between "make MikeT happy" and "make more money", it would take them 0 seconds to make the obvious choice.  Would the devs rather have 100 people with 10 teams each or 1000 people with 10 teams each?  It sounds like too many of you are over-estimating the importance of the investments you have each made 
WE don't run WiS. My observation is based on having being here for nine years, not anything I wish this to be or not. Now if I use my imagination maybe for every one of me there are ten young pjfoster13s dying to see WiS be something new and hot, and flooding the leagues with newbies eager to make sportsnerdness fun. But I see, rather, the opposite... not just from HBD but from declining enrolment in the other games I play here, which has been ongoing for at least four years now.

I beta tested two games in my time here. If I saw WiS doing things to make more money, I'd be pretty excited about it, like I was back then. But regretfully, I don't. What I'm writing here is not wishcasting, it's just based on what I've been seeing for awhile. And that is that WiS is in a position of protecting the existing user base, rather than trying to grow it.

So, to my eyes, the status quo is not because "the old guard resists it." It's because there aren't enough of you.
3/6/2014 3:05 PM (edited)
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/6/2014 2:31:00 PM (view original):
No, it's because I have better things to do that read posts by people I think are clueless. 

Second, if you're not an alias, you have ONE completed season.   Not to be overly rude but I'm not sure you understand how the game works yet.   If that's the case, your ideas on how to make it better are pretty much invalid.
Three, I don't find your "style" particularly interesting.  No point in reading a book when the first three sentences don't catch my interest.
Finally, throwing out bad info like it's a fact is what annoys me.  People who don't know what they don't know don't always know the best place to get their info.  I've already been over that.

Put all that together and you need to be succinct if you think I'm going to read your posts. 

1) Not an alias. New user. Referred by a friend who has 50ish seasons over the past 2-3 years.
2) If you are going to enroll in college, are you going to enroll in 40 credit hours in senior classes in your first semester or are you going to enroll in 12 credit hours for gen eds to learn the ropes and get a hang of how the system works? I could be a guy who has 30 new teams spends 2 minute per day on each team and learns nothing, or I could be a guy who has 1 team and studies the sh*t out of that one team for 60minutes a day and learns as much as possible. So, you are being overly rude.  The more I learn about the game, the more I learn about how it can be better.  So, in fact, I am uniquely qualified to make recommendations about how to make it better.  Conversely, You only care about you.  
3) Give up the self-righteous act and try getting over yourself for the 60 seconds it takes to read 5 sentences.  Is that succinct enough for you?

3/6/2014 3:08 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/6/2014 2:39:00 PM (view original):
I don't believe anyone is hating on anyone.    It's a free world.   pjf is free to type as many words as he wants.  I'm free to not read them.   That's not hating.   It's just a fact.

I DO have a problem with presenting incorrect information as fact.   Especially if you can't even provide the slightest bit of evidence to back up your claim.   N00b A may read what's written today and take it as gospel.   Three weeks later, he reads the retraction and apology.    It's just too bad that he's gone thru FA and ST, making trades along the way, and built his team on bad info. 

I just don't see the point in making an incorrect statement on gameplay unless you think it's funny to **** with people.
For the 10th time, Sorry, I got a little too eager on that one.  Maybe I meant to say something in a way other than the way it came out.  We can go back and delete it so that the new players don't blow their loads on a bunch of bad trades
3/6/2014 3:12 PM
Posted by pjfoster13 on 3/6/2014 3:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/6/2014 2:31:00 PM (view original):

1) Not an alias. New user. Referred by a friend who has 50ish seasons over the past 2-3 years.
2) If you are going to enroll in college, are you going to enroll in 40 credit hours in senior classes in your first semester or are you going to enroll in 12 credit hours for gen eds to learn the ropes and get a hang of how the system works? I could be a guy who has 30 new teams spends 2 minute per day on each team and learns nothing, or I could be a guy who has 1 team and studies the sh*t out of that one team for 60minutes a day and learns as much as possible. So, you are being overly rude.  The more I learn about the game, the more I learn about how it can be better.  So, in fact, I am uniquely qualified to make recommendations about how to make it better.  Conversely, You only care about you.  
3) Give up the self-righteous act and try getting over yourself for the 60 seconds it takes to read 5 sentences.  Is that succinct enough for you?

Read most of this.

1) If you say so.
2) If you're in college and taking a class, you're not ready to teach the class on day 3.   You're on day 3 of HBD.   I've helped more people with the game than anyone.  Probably more than any 5 people combined.   "You only care about you" is way off.
3) It was far too long.  

3/6/2014 3:18 PM
Posted by pjfoster13 on 3/6/2014 3:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/6/2014 2:39:00 PM (view original):

For the 10th time, Sorry, I got a little too eager on that one.  Maybe I meant to say something in a way other than the way it came out.  We can go back and delete it so that the new players don't blow their loads on a bunch of bad trades
I don't care about sorries.  It's the internet.
3/6/2014 3:18 PM
Quote post by MikeT23 on 3/6/2014 3:18:00 PM:

1) If you say so.
2) If you're in college and taking a class, you're not ready to teach the class on day 3. You're on day 3 of HBD. I've helped more people with the game than anyone. Probably more than any 5 people combined. "You only care about you" is way off.
3) It was far too long.

Profound rebuttals.
3/6/2014 3:32 PM
Answered everything you posted.   Without all the extra words that you seem to need.
3/6/2014 3:35 PM
"you're not ready to teach the class on day 3. You're on day 3 of HBD. I've helped more people with the game than anyone. "

You're right I may not be able to teach the class but I can definitely question the material or the way it's being taught.  You're the antiquated lecture hall guy that everybody hopes they avoid in 1st semester.  You're the guy who teaches Excel class on the 1997 version because you're too stubborn to upgrade.  You definitely only care about you because it makes you feel good to be internet famous.  You are an internet narcissist.  Keep boasting about how many people you haved helped and how great your Mantle world is.  It means nothing.  Yeah it sure is the internet, and you troll with the best of them. 

But hey, good news for you, because I use my seasons so slowly, you get to deal with me for at least the next 6 months.  Guess you'll just have to live with it. 
3/6/2014 3:39 PM
Too long.  

But here's another trick I'll show.  When I tire of you, I can block you.  There's no "live with it" in my world.
3/6/2014 3:43 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8 Next ▸
Important HBD poll! Please participate!!!!!!!!!!1 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.