2014 NFL Offseason Thread Topic

Broncos got some good names with DeMarcus Ware and Aqib Talib.

Darrelle Revis got cut one year after being traded for a 1st round pick, and instantly becomes the best free agent out there.

Raiders kept McFadden for at most $4M.

Vick is still out there, but some teams like Josh McCown more.

Some older defensive players like Peppers, Jared Allen and Justin Tuck are still out there.
3/12/2014 6:45 PM
A major upgrade over Talib in Revis.

Would like to see them go after Brad on Lafell and maybe some DL or OL help.
3/13/2014 7:41 AM
Jets sign Decker (much needed wr)
3/13/2014 7:49 AM

Revis has hardly played in two years.   Getting cut is an indication that he isn't what he was.

Pretty sure McCown signed with Tampa.  

Vick/McFadden can't stay on the field.

3/13/2014 8:49 AM
Revis started all 16 games last year.  He was due $16 million from an organization that's completely cleaned house since that contract was given out, I'm sure that means all that much.   At this point, $12 million would still make him the highest paid CB in the NFL this year.
3/13/2014 9:08 AM (edited)
I thought he was gimpy all year.    If there's no injury problems, why would he take one year on the first day he could sign a deal?
3/13/2014 9:20 AM
Well, I'm sure no one was out there loading up a big deal with a ton of guaranteed money for a guy in his late 20s 1 year removed from a blown out knee regardless of how he looked last year.  Really just depends on what he was prioritizing and how much money he could have gotten guaranteed beyond this season.  I'm sure they had feelers out well before yesterday.

I hate the Patriots, but I'm doubting they forgot to look at the tape from last year, and I can't see Belichick coming to the table with $12 million if they really thought he wasn't still playing at an elite level.
3/13/2014 9:44 AM

They lost Talib and manage their cap better than anyone.   So they are in a better position to take a chance.   Plus BB figure he can teach Edelman to play CB if needed.  And there's the added bonus of poking at Rex. 

3/13/2014 10:26 AM
Ware is a has-been.  In three years, at the end of this deal, he'll be a museum piece.

Talib has yet to take the field 16 times in a single season.

In the meantime, Decker goes packing.

So much for Peyton going to a fourth Super Bowl.
3/13/2014 10:39 AM
Manning made Decker.    In two years, people will be saying "Who was that white guy Manning was throwing to?  No, not Welker.  The other one."
3/13/2014 11:11 AM
Steve Smith will be released from Carolina because their management is a bunch of morons. They'll save a grand total of $2M dumping him.

Brandon LaFell sucks by the way. He couldn't get separation from a cardboard cut-out of Revis.

I think Denver could pull someone like Sidney Rice off the scrap heap to replace Decker. Decker is Peerless Price part deux.

Sproles to the Eagles. Dunno what kind of impact he'll have, the league isn't kind to 31 year old RB's.
3/13/2014 11:35 AM
Revis played all last year....and made the Pro Bowl.  He picked NE because he wants a shot at a ring.  1 year deal allows the Pats to adjust their cap for next year while seeing how Revis works in their system.

3/13/2014 11:50 AM
Revis likes money.  Let's not pretend he suddenly said "Hey, I wanna win a ring."   

I'm sure that was the best offer he got.   And, after putting out "feelers", he didn't think he'd get a better one.
3/13/2014 12:10 PM
Hopefully, Revis blows out a knee in August. Serve the cheaters right.
3/13/2014 12:24 PM
Decker clearly wants money/the spotlight more than football success. Who the hell is he going to catch passes from in NY? Smith can't hit the broad side of a barn.

I'm really surprised Detroit didn't make a run at him to take some pressure off of Megatron. I think that would have been a perfect spot for him.
3/13/2014 12:59 PM
1234 Next ▸
2014 NFL Offseason Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.