2016 Presidential Race Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Solid red is NEVER going to be OK with SSM or abortion. 
2/4/2015 2:43 PM
Posted by moy23 on 2/4/2015 2:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/4/2015 2:32:00 PM (view original):
Lighter red. 

I'd categorize people as "slightly dissatisfied" with Obama's Presidency.   He's been between 45-55% approval rating forever.   They've been very successful with the "Bush's fault" message which has let the bad slide off Teflon Obama and the good has stuck.    A drastic change in policy isn't going to get someone elected.  What you propose will allow a candidate to run thru the Republican primaries but won't work in the general election.    Too many are "OK" with the way things are.  Not enough "I hate this". 
In two years it will be much worse as ISIS gains traction, obamacare mandates kick in, more go on welfare, etc.

People in chicago of all places seem like they can't stand Obama anymore. Its been interesting to watch his transgression from totally loved to completely annoying in 6 years. There will be a lot of that 'anything but Obama' attitude like there was for bush in 2008 which, this time, will help republicans.
My guess, in two years, is that Obama's approval rating will still be 45-55%. 
2/4/2015 2:44 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/4/2015 2:43:00 PM (view original):
When I say "social blue" I mean this sort of thing. And understanding that global warming is a real, manmade thing, that vaccines are important and safe, etc. Things that don't necessarily mean spending more money. I know welfare and unemployment were supposed to be temporary, so if people aren't making an effort to get out of this situation, then cut them off.

It's frustrating for someone like me, who leans left but also understands and believes in many "red" concepts.
2/4/2015 2:51 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 2/4/2015 2:39:00 PM (view original):
How about a solid red when it comes to fiscal matters and a solid blue when it comes to social issues. Does that person exist? Why doesn't that person exist?
You mean Obama?

Just joking. I don't think that person exists. At least not in the GOP. I think you're more likely to find an anti-tax, pro-business, but let's make sure no one starves to death and has access to contraception candidate in the Democratic party.
2/4/2015 3:05 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 2/4/2015 2:51:00 PM (view original):
When I say "social blue" I mean this sort of thing. And understanding that global warming is a real, manmade thing, that vaccines are important and safe, etc. Things that don't necessarily mean spending more money. I know welfare and unemployment were supposed to be temporary, so if people aren't making an effort to get out of this situation, then cut them off.

It's frustrating for someone like me, who leans left but also understands and believes in many "red" concepts.
I think most of the people on the "other" side of global warming and vaccines are probably religious right.    There's not much that can be done with them.     But issues like SSM and abortion are still problematic for much less conservative righties.
2/4/2015 3:05 PM
Posted by moy23 on 2/4/2015 3:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 2/4/2015 2:51:00 PM (view original):

Vaccination is not a red or blue issue imo. 80% of the country is for vaccination - and that includes republicans. It's just the media, and the left, trying to make it an issue and fools like Christie, Paul falling for it.

https://hotair.com/archives/2015/02/04/yougov-poll-67-of-republicans-81-of-democrats-support-government-vaccine-mandates/
It's an issue BECAUSE people like Christie and Paul say what they say. And that there are actual people who believe them.
2/4/2015 3:13 PM
I know most people are reasonable and agree that vaccinations are important.  But that 20% is largely red.
2/4/2015 3:14 PM
The term "mandate" turns some people off.    If someone were to show up at my door and say "The government has mandated that you receive this vaccination for measles", I'm a little skeptical.   They might want to turn me into a homosexual zombie.

FWIW, I recall being vaccinated for something in school many, many years ago.   I'm not sure my parents approved it.  For all I know, the school did it on their own. 
2/4/2015 3:27 PM
Children dying of preventable diseases should be more of a turnoff than the word "mandate."
2/4/2015 3:43 PM
DIE, REPUG TEABAGGERS, DIE QUICKLY
2/4/2015 3:54 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12...575 Next ▸
2016 Presidential Race Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.