Iba D2 season 71 Topic

I can not wait for my game tonight. I have no expectation of winning but I'm happy any time I even get a chance to knock Bow out of the NT and trigger his yearly meltdown. 
5/9/2014 12:51 PM
round 2. another 2 loss team as an opponent. this one is ranked 8th. being a 10 seed sucks.
5/9/2014 7:05 PM
Posted by cregen7 on 5/9/2014 12:51:00 PM (view original):
I can not wait for my game tonight. I have no expectation of winning but I'm happy any time I even get a chance to knock Bow out of the NT and trigger his yearly meltdown. 
still looking for that first title, huh?  jealousy is a lonely, painful disease.  i really am getting concerned with how much attention you pay to me.

its funny though...when your team is always a bottom feeder, it's always easy to say you're happy to "just have the chance" to do something...it's a great way to build in an excuse for your pathetic mediocrity, and then celebrate like you're something special the one time it actually works out in your favor.  

5/9/2014 10:14 PM
Posted by bow2dacowz on 5/9/2014 10:14:00 PM (view original):
still looking for that first title, huh?  jealousy is a lonely, painful disease.  i really am getting concerned with how much attention you pay to me.

its funny though...when your team is always a bottom feeder, it's always easy to say you're happy to "just have the chance" to do something...it's a great way to build in an excuse for your pathetic mediocrity, and then celebrate like you're something special the one time it actually works out in your favor.  

That's my plan to a T! 

So what are you going to blame it on? The "random sim" or maybe "I forgot to gameplan" or the always popular from you "this game is broken". If there's any coach who can manage to fall short with a loaded team, it's you.
5/9/2014 10:28 PM
you are an absolute riot.  please find me anywhere that i've ever said "this game is broken", let alone the multitude of times you are claiming it exists.   you should be able to find it pretty easily on Iba forums since it always happens, right?  Go ahead and ask seble for the archives if you're having trouble.

i guess at least i get to have a loaded team once in a while, along with the satisfaction of actually recruiting it myself...i'm sorry that you wouldn't really know what that was like since the best teams you've ever had are ones that you took over from other people.  

have you noticed that nobody else is jumping on your bandwagon?  they ignore you because you're an idiot.  

its almost mothers day.  please stop embarrassing your mom.

5/9/2014 10:37 PM
To be fair no one has jumped to your defense either. That being said,  I respect the hack out of most of the coaches in your conference. bbunch for example, kept me interested in this game for seasons just because of his well written previews. 

Other coaches like davefilby and mduncan are two of the absolute best tacticians I've ever seen in this game.

YOU on the other hand are a petulant child. And I can't wait for the heart-breaking loss that awaits you. Like I said I don't expect my guys to do it. But if you win the title this season mark my words I'll quit this game forever. And I'll finally be impressed by your (lacking) coaching abilities.

5/10/2014 12:38 AM
lol make sure you throw in there 30 times how you don't expect your guys to do it so that when it happens you can act even more shocked and amazed and use it to say im even worse of a coach.  

bottom line sunshine, i have 4, you have 0, and i'm still  playing for title #5 tomorrow night.

i'll let guys like bbunch, mduncanhogs, and davefilby decide for themselves what they think of me and my coaching.  as you mentioned they have the coaching chops for their opinions to actually matter....you on the other hand...get back to me when you do something with a team of your own players.
5/10/2014 7:05 AM
Just happy to be around still as a lowly #15 seed. Don't mind us, nothing to see here....

Can you two play in non-con? It would liven it up around here!
5/10/2014 7:23 AM
HAHAHAHA so which excuse will it be?? 
5/10/2014 8:36 AM
time to pop some popcorn. :D

in my game. up 3 with 1:57 left and couldn't hang on. My best player Gregory missed 4 shots in final 2 minutes. Lose by 3. Story of my season. Can't close the deal.

5/10/2014 1:54 PM
Posted by bow2dacowz on 5/10/2014 7:05:00 AM (view original):
lol make sure you throw in there 30 times how you don't expect your guys to do it so that when it happens you can act even more shocked and amazed and use it to say im even worse of a coach.  

bottom line sunshine, i have 4, you have 0, and i'm still  playing for title #5 tomorrow night.

i'll let guys like bbunch, mduncanhogs, and davefilby decide for themselves what they think of me and my coaching.  as you mentioned they have the coaching chops for their opinions to actually matter....you on the other hand...get back to me when you do something with a team of your own players.
Congrats on winning a title in Knight with a team you JUST took over! You have ONE player on that team that you recruited. Pot. Meet kettle.
5/11/2014 12:22 PM
oh i didn't do what you told everyone i'd do about this game, so you're going to attack that one now?

win a national title first, then you can chirp.  i have 5, you have 0.  i actually had two guys on that roster that were my recruits.  one didn't play much, but don't let facts get in the way of your argument.  and if you don't think there was a lot of coaching that went into a team that had exactly 3 guards on the entire roster, 1 of whom didnt play but 5 mins a game, then you'd be wrong.  regardless, if you look at the boards, i immediately gave praise to the coach who built that team, and he immediately threw it back at me because he knew how deficient that position was.  

besides, moving from a lower big 6 school to a higher end big 6 school is part of the game, and something that is earned through success.  jumping around to every good D2 program you can find anytime you run your own program into the ground is not.

you're a troll, nobody cares about what you're saying, you've got exactly 1 career win against me, congrats.  when a 2nd round NT win is the biggest and brightest feather you can put in your cap, you really know you've hit it big.

go find a new obsession you pathetic little douche.

5/11/2014 11:07 PM
And in regard to your pot/kettle comment, the difference between us in this instance is that I've won with inherited teams, AND I''ve won with teams that I recruited and built.  You've NEVER won with any kind of team, and the only three times in 50 seasons that you've even made the Elite 8 were ALL within 2 seasons of taking over a new school.  

So it's not pot/kettle at all, because I'm not calling you out just for winning with a team that isn't uniquely yours but for the fact that for 50 seasons you've been perpetually mediocre except when boosted by someone else's work.  

I was minding my business til you came along and decided to be a troll and pick a fight.  But for you to harp on my coaching abilities is pretty damn comical.  I've had some bad losses, but so have all those coaches you respect so much.  

PS: I even beat one of those respected coaches in the D2 Iba Championship game.  Wouldn't think that should happen if I'm as awful as you say...or maybe I just got lucky.  (Wait, would you know anything about a lucky sim?!?!)
5/11/2014 11:30 PM
Interesting Final Four:

Valdosta, last year's RU, facing W. Alabama, making it's first Final Four appearance. 

Limestone, going for it's 3rd title in 6 years, faces Bellarmine, which hasn't won since '42.   Will Limestone overcome  the 'Bellarmine Curse' and be the first team since '42 to win the Yarnell and NT in the same season?

There have been 2 teams, Humboldt '62 and Limestone '67 to win both the Yam Jam and the NT in the same season. There's never been a Derby City Classic champion to win the NT. Bellarmine would be the first if they win the NT this week

5/12/2014 4:29 AM (edited)
Those are some crazy ramblings, bow. Cool down, big guy.
5/12/2014 7:59 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Iba D2 season 71 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.