If you go 20-20 Coll / HS you see every single player who gets drafted, literally.
5/15/2014 11:14 AM

That's not true. 

5/15/2014 11:23 AM
No, not at all.
5/15/2014 11:29 AM
thinking you got trolled.....he said you see every single player drafted...which is true after the draft you see the names of every single player drafted. he didnt say anything about seeing ratings or seeing every single prospect...then again maybe I am giving him too much credit
5/15/2014 11:33 AM
Trolling or not, it has to be refuted before some n00b says "WOW!!!  I'm going 20/20."
5/15/2014 11:50 AM
Okay, how's this ... Out of the first 100 guys that were drafted, I had all 100 guys in my pre-draft list

Mike when I first posted it, nobody (including you) said they ever did it, so if that's the case how would you even know whether that's true or not?     

I'm not trolling I'm just reviewing the topic and reporting what the outcome was.  I had access to every single player, but it didn't end up being any type of great benefit for player acquisition, but the projections themselves were very reasonably given for all attributes across the board.  I could see maybe sticking with it for advanced scouting purposes
5/15/2014 6:35 PM (edited)
Fluke.   Probably the first time it's ever happened in the history of HBD.
5/15/2014 6:33 PM
I would say that is pretty unusual. And since there are over 800 players drafted, I would also say that seeing the 1st 100 players drafted is not the same as seeing 'every single player that gets drafted, literally.' 
5/15/2014 6:34 PM
Haha so if something happens that you don't like, it's automatically a fluke?  That's not exactly a rebuttal of it happening.  I'll email you my pre-draft spreadsheet if you want and you can invest the time checking the other 400 players if you want, man, I'm just telling you what happened. It's ok to believe me, I'm a trustable guy
5/15/2014 6:37 PM
Notice I didn't call you a liar?    Well, I didn't but I don't know why ANYONE would check the first 100 players drafted to make sure they were on his draft board.

Nonetheless, it's a fluke.   It's not the way the game was designed.
5/15/2014 6:41 PM
I'll call him a liar. You didn't check each person of the first almost 3 rounds to see if they were on your draft board.
5/15/2014 6:51 PM
5/15/2014 6:57 PM
Posted by pjfoster13 on 5/15/2014 6:35:00 PM (view original):
Okay, how's this ... Out of the first 100 guys that were drafted, I had all 100 guys in my pre-draft list

Mike when I first posted it, nobody (including you) said they ever did it, so if that's the case how would you even know whether that's true or not?     

I'm not trolling I'm just reviewing the topic and reporting what the outcome was.  I had access to every single player, but it didn't end up being any type of great benefit for player acquisition, but the projections themselves were very reasonably given for all attributes across the board.  I could see maybe sticking with it for advanced scouting purposes
 it didn't end up being any type of great benefit for player acquisition

5/15/2014 7:13 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/15/2014 6:41:00 PM (view original):
Notice I didn't call you a liar?    Well, I didn't but I don't know why ANYONE would check the first 100 players drafted to make sure they were on his draft board.

Nonetheless, it's a fluke.   It's not the way the game was designed.
It surprised me too that's why I came back to post about it
5/15/2014 7:36 PM

I have had 20/20 scouting for a majority of my hbd seasons and I routinely do not see multiple players in the top 10.  Within the first round I regularly miss about 1/3 of the players drafted in the first round.  I don't pay much attention after that as far as who I missed.

5/20/2014 7:14 AM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.