Clemente - ALL FULL (CHECK BACK NEXT SEASON) Topic

Clemente, one of the oldest and best (drama-free) private worlds is looking for 1 more owner for next season (31).  We've just rolled over and are looking for new owners asap so we can get started.

We have one league-specific rule and that is an owner who fails to reach a .333 win percentage (54 wins) forfeits his or her first draft pick in the following season.  However, there is a step-up process for new owners so you won't have to worry too much about it for the first couple years.  Your first season you will only have to win 45 games to keep your top pick and your second year you only have to win 50.  This rule is not meant to punish anyone, just to be a deterrent from tanking and to incentivize maintaining a degree of competition for all teams.  I think it has been very successful at that so far and we have never had a team fail to reach the win minimum and hopefully we never will.

Sitemail me if you're interested or have any questions.  And if you're new to HBD, that's fine...I can tutor you for a while to get you on your feet. 

Here are the openings:

Jacksonville (NL South - 66-96) - 2 seasons ago, quasimango, a 9 year veteran of Clemente world left despite showing signs of improvement his last few years and a playoff appearance in season 26.  He left a lot of young talent behind though, but neither of the coaches since then seemed to want to stick around.  2 seasons ago, desanders logged a close to .500 season and added a solid closer prospect.  Last season, gregor199 didn't add much in the way of future talent, but lost enough to land you a top 5 pick in this year's draft.  So there's that.
http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/FranchiseProfile.aspx?fid=573
taken by keltic44

Chicago (NL North - 87-75) - After 13 seasons in Clemente, nmmi is stepping aside.  This team made the playoffs 3 of the past 5 seasons and is still in great shape throughout the entire franchise.  This is an easy win now or rebuild, however you want to take it.
 Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Franchise Profile

Taken by kujhawker

Trenton (AL North - 57-105) - One of two teams to only manage 57 wins last season, Trenton will have the top pick in the upcoming draft.  This to go along with a fantastic farm system and only about 26 mill on the books.  The rebuild is already mostly done for you on this one.

chet is planning on returning

Charleston (AL East - 96-66) - Coming off an impressive 96 win season and AL East pennant, this is definitely a win now situation.  I'm surprised mikeg740 left after building up to this over a couple seasons. 

taken by tmfran

5/7/2014 3:02 PM (edited)
Great League!
4/23/2014 9:20 AM
30 seasons in and still several original owners
4/23/2014 12:46 PM
I highly recommend Clemente. I don't have time for multiple leagues (job, 4 kids, kids sports, etc), but I've stuck w/ this league from season 23-30 and will be back for 31. Clemente is well-managed (kudos to Commish Cimmy), owner turnover is kept to a minimum, and everyone is competitive (but pleasant). Join today, thank me later!
4/24/2014 1:51 PM
bump!
4/25/2014 9:10 AM
The Chicago franchise tied for the division's best record last season, and only ended up with the wildcard via tiebreaker. Whoever takes that franchise will only be the team's 4th owner in its history, and the first new owner in the NL North in 13 seasons.
4/25/2014 11:07 AM
Bump!
4/25/2014 8:52 PM
Just to mention the NL North once again briefly, where the Chicago franchise plays...the division includes two of the original Season 1 owners in this world (myself included, and my team is the ONLY team I've ever managed in HBD). And the 3rd owner has had his team for 19 seasons. So it's a very stable division in a very stable world. Not very much turnover at all, and it's very rare that an NL North franchise becomes available.
4/26/2014 11:21 AM
That Chicago franchise should be a no-brainer.. A lot of talent there!!
4/26/2014 6:15 PM
bump bump bump it up!
4/28/2014 10:10 AM
bump
4/29/2014 10:45 PM
Awesome world, sign up or miss out.
4/30/2014 1:37 PM
Come on over to Clemente!
5/1/2014 8:25 AM
Bump!

I really can't overstate how great a world Clemente is. And if you want to compete right away, you can't go wrong with that Chicago franchise.
5/4/2014 2:17 PM
Just one opening left now.
5/5/2014 1:48 AM
12 Next ▸
Clemente - ALL FULL (CHECK BACK NEXT SEASON) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.