Season 73, D3 Topic

Spasticity, did you also happen to sign Michael Jordan? They both passed the 100 mark, definitely added them to the list. I have a feeling nobody will be able to beat Hodgkinson, he's in a league of his own. I'll have all the ones I have so far on the website later today. I also just finished updating the Starr Scores and made the Starr positions a little more accurate. It might take 10-20 minutes for google to load the new information to the site.

I am going to record the top 50 players across worlds so for now any great score is fine, doesn't have to be 100. Tommy Andrews' score might be slightly inaccurate for a day or two, until Zeuspole gets back to me with his IQs. I am just going to assume A/A for now.

And hey congratulations to bunkerbuster and his player Joshua Addison (Piedmont), who just broke the 100 barrier in Rupp.
5/19/2014 5:02 PM
Several reports from Gambier, OH today confirmed that coach jsajsa locked himself in his office where he was heard softy crying. Initial theories were for tears of joy at finally making the GotN, but those close to him believe the cause is that his first trip onto the national stage will likely end in the embarrassment of a double digit defeat.
5/19/2014 7:33 PM
SotD: Allegheny only had 4 assists on 20 FGs in there win against Kenyon. I find this interesting, since there PG has 86 passing. Has anyone ever won, and had this few assists?
5/20/2014 10:40 AM
I have :)
5/20/2014 1:17 PM
I demand proof! You aren't allowed to use your game today. :)
5/20/2014 3:41 PM
I was just reading a football recruiting forum and saw a thread titled "Star rankings are misleading".  Completely threw me for a loop for a second there.
5/20/2014 4:46 PM
I finished scheduling all of Wooster's non-conference games for next season.  Have you gotten all yours done?

Last Night
#18 Kenyon 50   #6 Allegheny 61
Kenyon missed a shot with five seconds left and doomed them to fulfill coach jsajsa's fears of a double digit loss.  Sadly, that might lead to another day of soft crying in his office, hopefully he recovers soon.  Allegheny and ezekialstarr moved to 9-0 in conference play with the victory and now have a two game lead over Kenyon for the division crown.

Also considered: #1 Millsaps stayed perfect with a 84-64 home win over #24 Sewanee, North Carolina Wesleyan nailed a game winner with three seconds left to upset #12 Palm Beach Atlantic 77-75, #11 Dallas took care of Ozarks at home 69-55, Suffolk used a big first half to upset #21 W. New England 77-69, #15 Emerson made enough free throws at the end to down Newbury 78-74, Augustana knocked Millikin out of the rankings 97-86, #19 Louisiana got past Hendrix 66-56, and #20 Calvin cruised past Kalamazoo 85-68.

Sim blowout watch: Washington just barely covered by 2 points to #7 Ursinus 46-99 while Concordia Moorhead had an easier cover by falling to #5 Hamline 58-86.

ITaLRbHAGotN: Defiance went scoreless the last two minutes of regulation against Mt. St. Joseph, but they kicked the offense into gear in the overtime session and pulled away for a 86-75 road win.  Defiance and nm1brownsfan opened up a two game lead in their division with the win while MSJ and cokeman fell into a tie for the south division.

GotN
Wentworth Tech (13-7)(chewchad) at #2 Nichols (20-0)(cactusrose)
Nichols looks to continue their winning streak in this Commonwealth Coast rematch from earlier in the season.  They made their free throws in that one and escaped town with a slim 2 point victory.  Wentworth Tech will be looking for revenge and to get back into position for a first round bye in the conference tourney.  The series stands at 4-4 with the home team favored by 9 tonight.

Also considered: #25 Hardin-Simmons at #23 Austin, Oglethorpe at #9 Piedmont, Virginia Wesleyan at #10 Lynchburg, Wooster at #18 Kenyon, #21 W. New England at Rivier, and Trinity at #24 Sewanee

Sim blowout watch: LeTourneau is a 52 point home dog against #16 Texas Lutheran and Methodist is getting 50 points as they host #12 Palm Beach Atlantic.

ITaLRbHAGotN
Simpson (12-7)(simpixut574) at Dubuque (14-5)(kubasnack)
Interesting cross-divisional game in the Iowa conference, with Simpson leading one side by a game and Dubuque tied atop the other division with a sim.  The winner of this one gets a good boost in the standings along with bragging rights over the only other human in the conference.  This will be the first meeting between these two and the home team is favored by 5.
5/20/2014 6:14 PM
I will take my wins while I can get them over the freak called jsa. He beats me up day in and day out over in the Crum world, so WIS threw me a bone here in Rupp. I just know he can't wait for the game on his court as his players are growing up fast (probably gives them Wheaties).

Haha okay Carson, you got me- I don't have any games other than the one last night.

Spasticity imagine if I was the one who saw it. Haha I would have been nervous for a second.

Thanks everyone for all the insane players you've been giving me, they put Joshua Wallace (my best ever) to shame. Keep'em coming :)
You can view them here: http://starrengine.yolasite.com/diiis-greatest-players.php

Pseudo who do you like in the Wooster - Kenyon game tonight?
5/20/2014 6:52 PM
Is it legal to give my players Wheaties????

No, no, no, I simply guide them to the Wheaties boxes and suggest they pay for them with their own money, which of course was not earned in any way that would violate any WCAA rules...
5/20/2014 7:11 PM
How did we do it last year, did we vote on MVP for the final game of the CT and Coach of the Year at the final game of the NT? As we draw closer to the end of conference play, I'll be putting up the stats on the site for the top players in the league on the season. If I miss any that any of you would like added, please let me know and I will do that. Then we can vote again like last year and see if the coaches agree with WIS.

Same for the coaches, if any of you have nominations just let me know and I'll log them on the website, to be later added to a poll and voted on.

As for =SE, you can now view your top 5 players combined rank against other teams. It's under the rankings tab with the team scores. Piedmont is currently #1.

Congratulations Jsa, Oliver Millberg in Naismith ended up a 101.3! I wouldn't have minded him on one of my teams :)
5/21/2014 10:38 AM
Does anyone have any spare conference wins that they would like to donate to Wooster?  Thanks in advance for your generosity, give till it hurts.

Last Night
Wentworth Tech 50   #2 Nichols 63
The home team made a run in the first half to take a four point lead into the break and then were able to hold that lead the rest of the way.  Nichols slowly worked the lead in the second half, eventually pulling away to make it a double-digit margin.  Nichols and cactusrose stayed undefeated with the win while Wentworth Tech and chewchad suffered their fourth conference loss.

Also considered: #22 Hardin-Simmons came from behind to down Austin 90-83, #8 Piedmont took care of Oglethorpe 63-49, #9 Lynchburg got the win at home over Virginia Wesleyan 73-67, #16 Kenyon got past the sad Scots of Wooster 65-58, #20 W. New England cruised past Rivier 87-56, and #19 Sewanee defeated Trinity 61-45.

Sim blowout watch: Two sims, two covers.  LeTourneau fell to #17 Texas Lutheran 74-112 and Methodist lost to #12 Palm Beach Atlantic 56-91.

ITaLRbHAGotN: Dubuque had a 37-30 lead over Simpson going into the second half and things looked good for the home team.  Simpson then mounted a big comeback attempt after the midway point and got to within 1 point several times.  Dubuque recovered each time and then made their free throws down the stretch to secure a key 85-78 home victory.

GotN
#3 Johnson and Wales (20-1)(spasticity) at #15 Emerson (17-3)(cowboytrout)
Spider Monkeys!  Lions!  Natural enemies facing off in battle!  I don't know what we're yelling about!

Also considered: North Carolina Wesleyan at #12 Palm Beach Atlantic, #16 Kenyon at Earlham, #19 Sewanee at Emory, and Emmanuel at #20 W. New England

Sim blowout watch: E. Mennonite is a 53 point home dog against #9 Lynchburg and Rockford is getting 50 points hosting #24 Calvin.

ITaLRbHAGotN
Case Western (11-10)(neohio29) at Chicago (9-11)(joseph77703)
Time to take a look at the crazy south division in the Upstate conference.  Chicago currently leads the division at 6-4 while three teams, including Case Western, are tied right behind at 6-5 and a fourth team sits at 5-6.  Chicago lost the previous game at CW by 5 so they'll need to avenge that loss to stay alone atop the division.  A road win for CW brings Chicago down possibly into a four-way tie for the division, which admittedly would be rather amusing.  The odds-makers have it as an even pick, should be a good one.
5/21/2014 4:57 PM
Sorry Pseudochamp, I can't spare a square. It's been a brutal season for Allegheny.
5/21/2014 6:51 PM
late breaking SotD:

Jay Sowell, esteemed and often starting SG for Millsaps revealed himself as the weak link:  line last night was 3 minutes, 4 fouls, 1 assist.  Nice days work son.
5/21/2014 9:54 PM
SotD: I was going to use the fact that Jeff forgot that OT is for both teams to score points, and not watch the other team score all the points. However, that works also.

Here is an interesting fact about Sowell. He was one of my top targets in recruiting 3 seasons ago, but there was no way I was going to win a battle against you because you had 2-3 more scholarships than me. Feel free to give him up next season, and I will gladly take him .

edit: I missed that your post was yesterday, so this is the SotD, and Sowell can be the SotDY since I didn't have time to find one.

5/22/2014 10:48 AM (edited)
We're holding steady at three undefeated teams but now we're also down to three winless teams.  One of those is simmed Thiel in the N.Coast who also went 0-27 last season.  That's a lot of losing, poor bastards.

Last Night
#3 Johnson and Wales 82   #19 Emerson 69
Too much spider monkeys, not enough lions.

Also considered: #11 Palm Beach Atlantic dominated the second half of a 84-68 win over North Carolina Wesleyan, Earlham held on to upset #23 Kenyon 66-54, #14 Sewanee pulled away to down Emory 78-61, and Emmanuel got the road upset over #25 W. New England 78-71.

Sim blowout watch: E.Mennonite had no trouble covering against #10 Lynchburg 67-85 while Rockford had a tougher time but still managed a cover to #21 Calvin 49-76.

ITaLRbHAGotN: Chicago trailed by 10 after a rough first half but they came back strong in the second half to take out Case Western 70-66.  Thanks to the win, Chicago maintained their one game lead for the division lead while CWR is now two games back.

GotN
#14 Sewanee (17-4)(madpad78) at #17 Louisiana (18-4)(discodave)
We take a trip to the University tonight for a cross-divisional game between ranked opponents.  Sewanee is two games back of undefeated J-Dub but a road win here gets them another step closer to locking down a conference tourney bye.  Louisiana is tied with also-ranked Dallas on their side of the standings so getting wins and keeping pace is critical.  discodave leads the series 14-7 and the home team is favored by a point.

Also considered: #5 Allegheny at Earlham, #12 Dallas at Ozarks, #23 Kenyon at Grove City, and Suffolk at #25 W. New England

Sim blowout watch: Another three spreads in the 50's tonight.  Washington is getting 54 at home to #7 Ursinus, Bethany is a 51 point home dog hosting #10 Lynchburg, and Wisconsin Platteville is getting 50 points as they travel to #15 Wisconsin La Crosse.

ITaLRbHAGotN
Utica (12-9)(doc00017) at #20 Vassar (20-2)(theriddler)
Over in the Empire 8 conference, Vassar is already at 12-0 in conference thanks to ending the season with two byes.  This looks to be their toughest game remaining with Utica having the best shot of ending the perfect run through the conference slate.  The visitors also only have a one game lead in the standings for second place and a the other CT bye so a win here would be huge for them.  The ranked team at home is favored by 8.
5/22/2014 4:29 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12...14 Next ▸
Season 73, D3 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.