Season 73, D3 Topic

8 teams made it through non-conference undefeated, including one sim while 13 teams are still looking for their first win.  By the way, I'm traveling this weekend so tomorrow's update will most likely be delayed until Monday.  If someone would like to fill in for the day, be my guest.

GotN
#14 Christopher Newport (9-1)(mroylanc) at Oglethorpe (8-2)(rm61)
These two USA South teams open up their conference slate with a solid cross-divisional battle.  Both look to be in the mix for a divisional crown so it's important to get off on a winning note.  rm just took over Oglethorpe so this is the first meeting of these coaches, CNU is favored by 2 on the road.

Also considered: #1 Millsaps at Trinity, North Carolina Wesleyan at #3 Piedmont, Southwestern at #5 Dallas, #15 W. New England at Newbury, #17 Whittier at CSU Eastbay, #20 Sewanee at Centre, Emmanuel at #24 S. Vermont, and #25 Kenyon at Denison

Sim blowout watch: Ferrum is getting 64 points as they visit #10 Palm Beach Atlantic while SUNY Oneonta is a 63 point home dog to #9 SUNY Cortland.
5/10/2014 8:16 AM
Happy Mother's Day, guys! I know most of us (or maybe even all of us here on the forum) are not mothers, but I hope you all go out and enjoy the day anyway. I got lucky to have a mother who only dropped me on my head on a few occasions, so I'll be visiting her today to show my appreciation.

Also, if anyone has any match-ups they'd be curious to see the results for this season, let me know and I can do the simulation. Just don't pick a match-up against Allegheny, I programmed =SE to give me 50 extra points ;)
5/11/2014 4:59 AM
and also here is a code-cracker challenge. First one to figure it out is unarguably the greatest coach of all time in WIS :)

bzW ijvthlN bkkzS
5/11/2014 5:09 AM
Happy Mother's Day to you too starr ;)
5/11/2014 10:34 AM
Looks like rednu is the GOAT (greatest of all time). Starr, I'd like to see your allegheny team against my Lake Erie in crum. Not that I think either team is dominant but just want to see who will have bragging rights at mothers day!
5/11/2014 12:20 PM
Congrats Rednu, I had a feeling you were the best! Actually that's pretty impressive, I wasn't sure anyone would be able to get that one.

Plato, I'm not looking forward to seeing you today, anymore. :) I posted the results on the =SE homepage. This time, I copied and pasted the entire thing rather than just the results, to give everyone an idea of what the simulation tool does. Those scores should be a pretty accurate representation of how the games would actually go between the two teams, though I still am working on the coach scores and when finished, that will play a more accurate role than the system I have right now. Further down the line, that method will be replaced yet again with an even more efficient score solely based on a coach's game planning ability and not his actual value. I never would have thought of that idea on my own, thanks Long_ge and also thanks so much for helping me with some very tedious tasks. Saved me a TON of time. Check out the game results guys, Plato's not so tough, is he. :)

http://StarrEngine.Yolasite.com
5/11/2014 1:11 PM
I forgot to post this yesterday, but congrats to barjaz for Rupp win No. 1500 over the weekend. Quite the milestone there!!
5/12/2014 5:11 PM
Sorry I haven't gotten caught up in the GotN posts.  I'm back at work today after a couple days out of town and things are kinda busy.  I'll either get something posted tonight or tomorrow morning.  Hopefully.
5/13/2014 5:11 PM
SotD: Martin Johnson for Rhodes is shooting 54% and averaging 9 PPG. With only a B- IQ and LP + PER < 30, ATH, SPD, and BH must play a very big role in his scoring.

Pseudo, you are not the only one. I have had limited Internet access over the past week, and will continue to for the rest of the week. My limited Internet access has been used for recruiting for my other team, but now that is over. I will hopefully have more time next week.
5/13/2014 5:38 PM
I think the 16 lp is high enough to have an effect on Johnson's scoring. (He he, I just wrote Johnson's scoring). A 50 ath, 16 lp will score will on a 35 ath no block guard without a phenomenal def score.
5/13/2014 7:36 PM
Well Pseudo and Carson, you know I'm in no position to complain ;) Certainly I love coming on here and reading them, but on days that you don't get a chance to post, I manage to find other reasons not to jump off a cliff. I can't promise it will always be that way though, so I hope you will get back to it soon :)
5/13/2014 9:44 PM
Well, let's try to get this back on track, sorry again for the hiatus.  I think it's easier if we just hit reset and start again with tonight's games.  Let's get to it.

GotN
#1 Millsaps (13-0)(brianxavier) at #11 Dallas (12-2)(tarvolon)
Millsaps has been our top-ranked team for a while now and they're one of five remaining undefeated teams.  They take their perfect record on the road in this cross-divisional matchup with Dallas who is 3-1 in conference and one game back of the division lead.  brian has a 9-1 lead in the series and his team is favored by 5 in this one.

Also considered: #24 Texas Lutheran at #20 Howard Payne, #2 Nichols at Wentworth Tech, S. Vermont at #4 Johnson and Wales, Earlham at #8 Allegheny, Northland at #15 Millikin, and Rivier at #18 W. New England

Sim blowout watch: Ferrum makes another appearance, this time as a 72 point road dog to #3 Piedmont.

ITaLRbHAGotN
Mount St. Mary (10-3)(captclutch) at US Merchant Marines (8-6)(lynchmob1414)
We open up the ITaLRbHAGotN slate with a tasty cross-divisional game over in the Skyline conference.  These two division leaders are both undefeated in conference play but have a couple teams close behind in the standings.  Both are also chasing NT position so a win here would be a good boost in addition to maintaining the early division lead.  This will be the first game between these coaches and the odds-makers have it as an even pick.
5/14/2014 4:20 PM
Wow game of the night looks like a good one. Might have to make some popcorn for this one ;)

5/14/2014 7:32 PM
Still busy with all sorts of stuff, getting this out later than usual.  I need WIS to hire me full time and pay me the same amount that I'm currently making to write daily recaps for all the HD worlds.  Naturally I'd have to have a team in every world.  Someone make this happen.

Last Night
#1 Millsaps 63   #13 Dallas 53
After being behind or tied during the early parts of the game, Millsaps went on a 12-2 run over the last nine minutes of the first half to head into the break with a 31-23 lead.  Dallas recovered in the second half and closed the gap to just 2 points a couple times but they couldn't quite close the deal and retake the lead.  The visitors always had an answer and made their free throws down the stretch to finish off the 10 point road victory.

Also considered: #21 Texas Lutheran made free throws to slip past Howard Payne 76-71, #2 Nichols got a huge defensive stop with four seconds left to edge Wentworth Tech 68-66, #3 Johnson and Wales used a big first half to get past S. Vermont 78-58, #8 Allegheny held off a late charge to beat Earlham 72-67, #14 Millikin coasted past Northland 88-72, and #18 W. New England defended the home court against Rivier 63-57.

Sim blowout watch: Ferrum covered again, this time falling to #4 Piedmont 55-95.

ITaLRbHAGotN: Mount St. Mary got a huge road win by dealing Merchant Marines their first conference loss 73-65.  The visitors had a solid 10 point lead at the half, expanded the lead further into double digits after the break, and withstood a late push from the cadets.  MSM and captclutch stayed perfect in conference play and tied atop their division while UMM and lynchmob fall into a three-way tie in their division race.

GotN
#9 Palm Beach Atlantic (14-1)(osgonlz) at #12 Christopher Newport (14-1)(mroylanc)
Huge game in the USA South tonight as undefeated divisions leaders meet up for their cross-divisional matchup.  CNU is one game up in the east while PBA is in for a tough race with also-undefeated Piedmont in the west.  Winner here will get a nice bump to post-season position and avoid a setback in the standings.  mroylanc leads the series 12-9 and the odds-makers have it as an even pick.

Also considered: #8 Allegheny at Wabash, #15 Whittier at California Santa Cruz, Virginia Wesleyan at #17 Emory and Henry, Southwestern at #19 Louisiana, and S. Vermont at #20 Emerson

Sim blowout watch: Averett is getting 60 points as they visit #4 Piedmont and North Central is a 58 point home dog to #14 Millikin.  I think this might be the first time North Central has come up and I finally get to mention that my car is parked close to their campus right now.  Fascinating, no?

ITaLRbHAGotN
Dickinson (5-9)(mfnmyers) at #7 Ursinus (14-1)(barjaz)
We go to the Centennial conference where both teams are undefeated in conference and leading their division but obviously have different overall records.  Ursinus is ranked in the top ten and their only loss was on the road in overtime against the #2 ranked team.  Dickinson is recovering from a rough non-conference slate and their 3 SOS number is a testament to the difficulty.  An upset road win here would be a big boost while Ursinus simply looks to keep rolling.
5/15/2014 5:57 PM
trivia question:  Who did Dickinson beat for their only non-conference win?
5/15/2014 6:12 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10...14 Next ▸
Season 73, D3 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.