Recruiting Ineligibles Topic

Ahhso TCson, does Phelan end tonight?
and as far as one going juco... I'm not sure they will since it's D3.
You should be able to tell us soon.
5/9/2014 9:21 AM
@mizzou: phelan recruiting ends tonight. we start up tomorrow. me and my armada of mediocre freshmen.
5/9/2014 9:43 AM
Posted by mizzou77 on 5/9/2014 9:21:00 AM (view original):
Ahhso TCson, does Phelan end tonight?
and as far as one going juco... I'm not sure they will since it's D3.
You should be able to tell us soon.

I got them both on campus. Thus, at least in D3, you can get two.
5/10/2014 2:38 AM
i would have expected you to get both, i don't think ineligibles can even go juco in d3. is that true or not? lots of people would have experienced that by now, if it was possible, so it should be pretty easy to see if im totally off base on this one...

just to be clear, i think the expectation is 100% of guys report in d3, and its impossible to get 2 in d2/d1. 
5/10/2014 10:55 AM (edited)
Posted by guyo26 on 5/9/2014 8:05:00 AM (view original):
Sr/5 is, so far as I know, exclusivley for ineligible guys.  A redshirt senior shows up as a senior, not a Sr/5.
this is true
5/10/2014 10:53 AM
Posted by gillispie1 on 5/10/2014 10:55:00 AM (view original):
i would have expected you to get both, i don't think ineligibles can even go juco in d3. is that true or not? lots of people would have experienced that by now, if it was possible, so it should be pretty easy to see if im totally off base on this one...

just to be clear, i think the expectation is 100% of guys report in d3, and its impossible to get 2 in d2/d1. 
I have never had an ineligible go judo in d3. I would be willing to bet I have recruited 30 of them.
5/10/2014 10:56 AM
See below my recent exchange from CS on multiple ineligibles.  My personal expeience bears out the "forum fact", but CS says not true.  Thoughts?

8/21/2014 10:31 AM

A couple of questions regarding ineligible recruits at DI:

1. If more than one ineligible recruit in a recruiting session is signed, is it possible for more than one to show up on campus?
2. Is the decision to show up influenced in any way by if there are other ineligible recruits coming, or is the decision of each recruit independent?

Thanks in advance.

8/25/2014 2:49 PM Customer Support
Alan,

1. A team can actually sign up to 2 ineligible players in one season. Technically, you can sign as many as you want, but any over 2 will go JUCO. This rule does not apply at D3 however, so you can sign as many as you'd like and they will show up to your team.

2. Each player's decision is independent (other than the fact that if 2 have already signed than any after that will go JUCO).

8/25/2014 2:53 PM groomsie
OK, I ask because (as you may know) convention wisdom on the forum is that you can only have 1 ineligible show up at DI. No one seems to have an example to the contrary, and my experience seems to also bear that out; I signed 2 ineligibles as an experiment, and as many told me 1 went JUCO and I've only had 1 other player at DI ever go JUCO.

It seems interesting that no one seems to be able to point to a HUMAN actually having 2 ineligibles show up at DI in a single season. We know a SIM can do it, but not sure about human coached teams. Thanks for any further clarification you can provide.

8/26/2014 9:35 AM Customer Support
There shouldn't be anything preventing a second non-qualifier from staying. It may just be a case of 1) human coaches not often pursuing multiples in a season, and 2) not putting enough effort in to convince them to stay.

Unfortunately, we don't save enough data on recruiting to go back into the past to search for examples.
8/30/2014 9:03 AM
someone just needs to sign like 5 ineligibles and see how many show...
8/30/2014 1:58 PM
interesting re-confirmation in that reply that the odds of a nonqualifier enrolling are affected by the recruiting effort devoted to him

I think at DI that few folks have signed two NQs and hence we have not heard of examples.  Might give it a try if the right situation appears.
8/30/2014 2:58 PM
this really applies to d1 and d2 both right? 
8/30/2014 3:18 PM
billy_g, I'd assume it applies equally to DII; DIII there is no "ineligible" (they always show and can play).  For what it is worth, I had about the same dollars and recruiting actions into the ineligible that showed up and the one who went JUCO.  The difference was distance--the one who showed up was closer and the dollars went to home visits, whereas the one who went JUCO was longer distance and the dollars went to CV, which are same dollars but likely don't equate exactly the same.  I'm almost always successful at DI having ineligibles show with what I put in for dollars and local effort (I can only think of 1 other exception in all my DI teams), so I think I must have been close to having both show up.
8/30/2014 10:54 PM
i follow all that, i didn't realize this was an older thread where i made that same point (about it applying to d1/d2 and not d3). 

anyway, i think its interesting they said there is a 2 ineligible limit - i never heard of that before. i think they've previously stated there was no limit, or nothing they could see, or something like that. i for one don't buy it - too many people have signed 2 and had 1 report. its more than 10 by now. if you have a 70% chance of a single ineligible showing up - which is on the low side - its a 50% chance both would show, if there was no limit. over 10 trials, the odds of not seeing both show is 1 in a thousand - and its really more than 10, and higher than 70%. only takes 20 examples to get to 1 in a million. i guess i think its far more likely seble is mistaken, than its just bad luck for all those folks. i buy its not intentional, but bugs are pretty common.
8/31/2014 3:48 PM
◂ Prev 123
Recruiting Ineligibles Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.