13-14 Players Topic

Here is my correspondence:

5/21/2014 10:11 PM richard97
Any plans to get the 2013-14 player database released?

5/22/2014 9:34 AM Customer Support
Hi Rick,

Due to the NHL Division realignment, we are taking some time to re-evaluate some formulas.

Hopefully the players will be ready by the end of the playoffs!

Thank you.
6/19/2014 11:22 AM richard97
in case you haven't heard the playoffs are over. still no release of the 2013-14 players. this is beyond ridiculous. it's apparent that hockey is not a priority and this could just be the thing to kill it.

6/19/2014 12:00 PM Customer Support
Hi Rick,

Unfortunately due to the significant divisional realignment the NHL did this year, we have had to tweak several of our formulas and will do our best to have these players ready as soon as we can.

Thank you.

what a joke!
6/19/2014 2:16 PM
April 12, 2011 (thanks chuck!) -

That's when the formula was last revised, you can see it clearly in the database. (DAN HAMHUIS!) That day, I sent an urgent ticket to Support complaining that the new formula was clearly and immediately out of whack. The new defensive rating formula had CLEARLY (DAN HAMHUIS!) ranked that season's players in a way that made them utterly incompatible with the existing database.

To be clear, the new players have to make sense when you mix them in with the existing players, right? (DAN HAMHUIS!)

The response I received - directly from the lead developer at the time, who was well known to many of us older users - was that they would be watching the results, and would revise things at a later date if necessary.

The standard reply this offseason would indicate that the re-evaluation has come. Since it was sorely needed in the first place IMO, one can wonder if it's not just plugging new players in, but also possibly revising some existing ones. (DAN HAMHUIS!) And you wouldn't think the division realignment would be a big deal, but it confirms my belief that the player formula accounts for which teams the players play against.

Regardless, it's an embarrassment that it wasn't handled earlier.

6/19/2014 2:59 PM
I fail to see how division realignment has anything to do with how sim players or engine formula should perform...
6/25/2014 3:06 PM
I agree, this is out of control
6/25/2014 3:32 PM
Well, the handful of us left just don't represent enough of a "business need" to make it happen. The few bucks we spend are just the last, dying trickles of revenue the hockey sim can expect to have. The Cash Cow has laid down to die, and they're not going to put any more effort into keeping it alive.
6/26/2014 11:35 AM
Do you guys think advertising would work to get more users?
6/26/2014 2:14 PM
Of course it would, that's how I got to know about WIS, they were advertizing on mlb.com. If they'd advertize on nhl.com on some hockey related sites or blogs the number of new players would explode.
6/27/2014 7:39 AM
At one time they did advertise on nhl.com, that is how I found out about the site.
6/28/2014 8:58 AM
They should try again
6/28/2014 2:00 PM
hockey news ad would work great as well
6/30/2014 5:28 PM
Great idea
6/30/2014 6:22 PM
Is there anyone even working on the 2013-14 players? This is really getting silly now. Hello admin!!! Anyone home????? Anyone still care????????????????????????????/
7/3/2014 1:07 PM
I'm starting to give up hope
7/3/2014 1:46 PM
Wonder if they lost their NHL license. I know the NHL dropped Panini for next year making Upper Deck the only licensed card maker.
7/3/2014 4:28 PM
Gonna be really embarrassing if they end up killing my RRFT league with this.

7/3/2014 6:24 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
13-14 Players Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.