MLB: a bag of a**holes. Topic

I thought I killed the "extreme" example a couple of days ago when I said you didn't understand it's use.

It's as if you and you boyfriend believe that a guy at the top 1% of his profession, in the world, just isn't very good at it.    Every batter has pitches they can't handle.   On those pitches, adjust the swing.    Hell, if Alfonso Soriano would stop swinging at 59 ft pitches that are 6 inches outside, we'd be discussing his HOF credentials. 
5/29/2014 10:48 AM
You're using an extreme example, and we're talking about it, so you didn't exactly "kill it."

Again, if you're guaranteeing contact, it's silly to tell them "oh, crush the ball" on the fastball down the middle that they "know" they'll hit.

We'd be talking about any player's HOF credentials if they did what you're telling me they should do.  
5/29/2014 10:52 AM
Posted by burnsy483 on 5/29/2014 10:46:00 AM (view original):
There are guys who probably should do a better job of making contact.  Austin Jackson shouldn't be striking out as much as he does.  When I watch Yankee games, it astounds me the amount of times Brett Gardner strikes out.  His lack of contact in a lot of instances is silly.  But power hitters? They strike out a lot because it makes sense for them to swing hard and try to drive the ball.  To ask them to adjust their swing somewhat to simply make contact, in most instances, would not be bright.

Didn't I say this the other day using Dunn/Ortiz as examples of guys I don't want letting up or bunting against the shift?

If so, what are you disagreeing with me about?

5/29/2014 10:57 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/29/2014 10:57:00 AM (view original):
There are guys who probably should do a better job of making contact.  Austin Jackson shouldn't be striking out as much as he does.  When I watch Yankee games, it astounds me the amount of times Brett Gardner strikes out.  His lack of contact in a lot of instances is silly.  But power hitters? They strike out a lot because it makes sense for them to swing hard and try to drive the ball.  To ask them to adjust their swing somewhat to simply make contact, in most instances, would not be bright.

Didn't I say this the other day using Dunn/Ortiz as examples of guys I don't want letting up or bunting against the shift?

If so, what are you disagreeing with me about?

Probably the amount of guys you want to be making contact more often.  I listed 2 guys, you used 2 guys.  There are many more players.
5/29/2014 10:59 AM
And we're arguing over your retarded hypothetical.  
5/29/2014 10:59 AM
Posted by burnsy483 on 5/29/2014 10:52:00 AM (view original):
You're using an extreme example, and we're talking about it, so you didn't exactly "kill it."

Again, if you're guaranteeing contact, it's silly to tell them "oh, crush the ball" on the fastball down the middle that they "know" they'll hit.

We'd be talking about any player's HOF credentials if they did what you're telling me they should do.  
Is it silly?   It's silly to tell you or me that, after all, we're not top 1% of baseball players in the world.    But they are. 
5/29/2014 11:02 AM
Posted by burnsy483 on 5/29/2014 10:59:00 AM (view original):
And we're arguing over your retarded hypothetical.  
Huh.  I thought we were arguing over your inability to distinguish between people who are the best at playing baseball and what some hack sitting behind a computer could do. 

5/29/2014 11:03 AM
If it's something you can handle and/or are looking for, crush it.    If it's not, just try to get a piece of it.

WOW!!   That's an outrageous request for one of the 400ish best position players in baseball.   Outlandish!!!!!!
5/29/2014 11:05 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/29/2014 11:05:00 AM (view original):
If it's something you can handle and/or are looking for, crush it.    If it's not, just try to get a piece of it.

WOW!!   That's an outrageous request for one of the 400ish best position players in baseball.   Outlandish!!!!!!
Why do you think ballplayers aren't trying to do that?
5/29/2014 11:06 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/29/2014 11:02:00 AM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 5/29/2014 10:52:00 AM (view original):

Is it silly?   It's silly to tell you or me that, after all, we're not top 1% of baseball players in the world.    But they are. 
Yes.
5/29/2014 11:07 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/29/2014 9:45:00 AM (view original):
Burns, even mike doesn't believe his own bs. He's trolling.
says the troll
5/29/2014 11:07 AM
5/29/2014 11:08 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/29/2014 10:09:00 AM (view original):
You're feeding the troll.
So he is feeding you?
5/29/2014 11:09 AM
Posted by bfkfraser on 5/29/2014 11:09:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/29/2014 10:09:00 AM (view original):
You're feeding the troll.
So he is feeding you?
I'm not trolling. I'm not even engaging with mike. What's your problem?
5/29/2014 11:12 AM
Ted Williams would disagree with you. Not too sure what else to say.

Hitting Advice
by Ted Williams

# Hitting Advice
1. Hit only strikes.
2. Never swing at a ball you're fooled on or have trouble hitting.
3. After two strikes, concede the long ball to the pitcher; shorten up on the bat and try to put the head of the bat on the ball.
5/29/2014 11:13 AM
◂ Prev 1...35|36|37|38|39...49 Next ▸
MLB: a bag of a**holes. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.