13-14 Draft League Topic

Better lock down some more minutes with the missed 8th rounder:

Kurt Hinrich
6/11/2014 4:58 AM
Greg Stiemsa, Derek Fisher. And thanks for ending the nightmare natenoy.
6/11/2014 6:05 AM
After taking a long look at what the plan was here, this team is not as bad as I first thought. But it has a long way to go to get to even 19,300 minutes and the usage mix is very thin. Likely will run KD at PG for 18mpg to fully exploit the reb advantage that MCW gives you there (not much choice but to have MCW, KD and Gay share two positions or its hello team penalty exposure for any time KD is not in, and what's the point of even having MCW unless you are trying to maximize his rebounding advantage at the PG position?)
6/11/2014 6:11 AM
Np klinke, the nightmare falls back on me anyway, in a legal sense I could be labeled the "but for" cause of the entire mess. "But for" dh needing to replace me in the first place the draft would not have run into this. Good pick with Stiesma BTW. He was on my short list of bigs that are left and are worth having. The biggest flaw with this squad is that it had a grand total of 34mpg for the PF/C positions combined after 6 rounds. There is a glut of SG/SF minutes left, but the pool of minutes for the bigs is beyond thin at this point and this team still needs over 4000 to avoid guaranteed fatigue even after I bit the bullet and painfully added those Hinrich minutes. I'm close to being boxed into a Gay/KD platoon at PF, which of course is far from the ideal position for either of them.
6/11/2014 6:28 AM
Mo Williams & Mike Scott
6/11/2014 9:53 AM
Posted by natenoy on 6/11/2014 3:19:00 AM (view original):
Working under the assumption that I'm taking over the KD team, so I'm posting the missed picks for the 7th and 8th rounds:

7th round: Ray Allen

8th to follow in a bit
You are off to a good start honoring the previous owner.
6/11/2014 10:00 AM
Posted by natenoy on 6/11/2014 6:28:00 AM (view original):
Np klinke, the nightmare falls back on me anyway, in a legal sense I could be labeled the "but for" cause of the entire mess. "But for" dh needing to replace me in the first place the draft would not have run into this. Good pick with Stiesma BTW. He was on my short list of bigs that are left and are worth having. The biggest flaw with this squad is that it had a grand total of 34mpg for the PF/C positions combined after 6 rounds. There is a glut of SG/SF minutes left, but the pool of minutes for the bigs is beyond thin at this point and this team still needs over 4000 to avoid guaranteed fatigue even after I bit the bullet and painfully added those Hinrich minutes. I'm close to being boxed into a Gay/KD platoon at PF, which of course is far from the ideal position for either of them.
Yeah, the big men pool went fast.

If you are okay with low defense, I see a couple guys who can give you minutes and boards.
6/11/2014 10:02 AM
Robusk, I learned from the 12-13 version of this league that a few sub-50 guys wont kill you since we all draw from the exact same single season pool of players. I also learned that since the sim generates more boards than occurred during the real season that elite rebounding guys see a definite increase from RL on the glass. I already plan to suck it up and sacrifice some D for the sake of boards, but I may opt for one more minutes eater this round to give me the flexibility of taking a low minutes monster in the final round, 18500 premium minutes is < 17000 quality minutes and 2500 minutes of garbage here since the fatigue will wipe out your entire roster by mid season.
6/11/2014 10:26 AM
Posted by bigmac945 on 6/11/2014 3:52:00 AM (view original):
Lavoy Allen and Thomas Robinson

Can't SM- could someone please do it for me
Good picks.
6/11/2014 11:18 AM
Posted by natenoy on 6/11/2014 10:26:00 AM (view original):
Robusk, I learned from the 12-13 version of this league that a few sub-50 guys wont kill you since we all draw from the exact same single season pool of players. I also learned that since the sim generates more boards than occurred during the real season that elite rebounding guys see a definite increase from RL on the glass. I already plan to suck it up and sacrifice some D for the sake of boards, but I may opt for one more minutes eater this round to give me the flexibility of taking a low minutes monster in the final round, 18500 premium minutes is < 17000 quality minutes and 2500 minutes of garbage here since the fatigue will wipe out your entire roster by mid season.
Yeah, that is basically what I was saying.  Can nab a couple more low-D pseudo-board eaters (like 16-18%) that have about 10-15 MPG.  Land like 3 of those and you should be good on front court minutes.
6/11/2014 11:20 AM
Andrei Kirilenko & Andrew Nicholson
6/11/2014 12:30 PM
wow, this double-pick really stinks when you're near the bottom of the double-pick round.  Maybe, for future reference, that gets saved to later in the draft...?   Creates a big discrepancy when you're drafting 42nd and there still (were) decent players left on the board.
6/11/2014 6:06 PM
Cory Joseph, &...
6/11/2014 6:09 PM
Posted by hoopsrus on 6/11/2014 6:06:00 PM (view original):
wow, this double-pick really stinks when you're near the bottom of the double-pick round.  Maybe, for future reference, that gets saved to later in the draft...?   Creates a big discrepancy when you're drafting 42nd and there still (were) decent players left on the board.
What do you mean for later in the draft?  It is only for these last two rounds.
6/11/2014 6:10 PM

Jonas Jerebko

6/11/2014 6:27 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...26|27|28|29|30...34 Next ▸
13-14 Draft League Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.