Excellent updates today. Love both new changes.
5/21/2014 2:27 PM
Agreed. Love both of these changes.
5/21/2014 3:18 PM
It updatd aft the game today, my recruit moved up a spot.
5/21/2014 3:56 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I think the upside to it far outweighs the potential abuse or down-side.

I have had 2 NPOY players who were both drafted #1 overall while at Gonzaga.

They were both stud players at any level... mid-950's rated and literally carried us on their backs to a (S16 and a Final-4) (edit, in looking back these two actually only got us to the 2nd round of the NT, but both times moved our prestige higher which in turn helped us make a S16 and F4 run a couple seasons later).

Removing the awards part would hurt far more than it would help....IMHO.

I don't really have a BIG problem with anything in the game right now........ except my assistant coach telling me the rebounding, blocking, and Low Post potential 5 straight times when I have him go overseas to scout a 5'6" PG..... I want a FIRE ASSISTANT COACH BUTTON!
5/21/2014 4:59 PM (edited)
I do not see any upside for awards determining who declares early for the draft.  All it does is allow coaches to abuse the system so their players have lower stats.  Zags, I have nothing against awards determining which slot a player is drafted, I just don't think it should affect a player's decision to declare early.  Your two players could have still been drafted number 1 overall because of their ratings and team success. I'd like to know how large of an impact awards have on early declarations...because as seble stated in this thread, "it is a big factor".  I see no reason why it should be a significant factor.  
5/21/2014 5:50 PM
Awesome update, I really like this.  Great job Seble!

A couple more minor suggestions:

-Recruits showing up immediately after signing, giving you more time to set depth charts, player distro, etc.  I am really high on this one, as it would give you something to do during the boring final days of recruiting.  As it is now, there is very limited time between the recruits showing up and the first exhibition game, and I always feel rushed by having to do this on my phone at work.

-Ability to see historical schedules

-Single season records

-Early action input for the first cycle of recruiting

-Ability to "skip" the job change period to get your recruiting money a couple days early
5/21/2014 6:05 PM
Posted by clouseb on 5/21/2014 6:06:00 PM (view original):
Awesome update, I really like this.  Great job Seble!

-Recruits showing up immediately after signing, giving you more time to set depth charts, player distro, etc.  I am really high on this one, as it would give you something to do during the boring final days of recruiting.  As it is now, there is very limited time between the recruits showing up and the first exhibition game, and I always feel rushed by having to do this on my phone at work.

-Ability to see historical schedules

-Single season records

-Ability to "skip" the job change period to get your recruiting money a couple days early
+1111 
Also the biggest thing I would want to see next would probably be the assistant coach giving you different catagories each time.
5/21/2014 6:27 PM
Quote post by clouseb on 5/21/2014 6:06:00 PM:

definitely agree with the entire list from the earlier post, but the ones quoted above are non-cosmetic changes which should be prioritized over 'making the game look nicer'. also, something i mentioned in another forum but will repeat ad nauseum until its fixed: the national tournament brackets are set up to power protect (e.g., best team v. worst team) except that the overall number one seeded team's bracket is set up to play the overall number two seeded team's bracket in the final 4. it should be the number one overall seeded team's bracket v. number 4 overall seeded team's bracket in F4.

also, another cosmetic change is the ability to sort player stats by position. (though this will be unnecessary if the coaches are permitted to designate positions for their players, which is a more important / beneficial change, imho!) 
5/21/2014 6:39 PM (edited)
Posted by jtt8355 on 5/21/2014 6:39:00 PM (view original):

definitely agree with the entire list from the earlier post, but the ones quoted above are non-cosmetic changes which should be prioritized over 'making the game look nicer'. also, something i mentioned in another forum but will repeat ad nauseum until its fixed: the national tournament brackets are set up to power protect (e.g., best team v. worst team) except that the overall number one seeded team's bracket is set up to play the overall number two seeded team's bracket in the final 4. it should be the number one overall seeded team's bracket v. number 4 overall seeded team's bracket in F4.

also, another cosmetic change is the ability to sort player stats by position. (though this will be unnecessary if the coaches are permitted to designate positions for their players, which is a more important / beneficial change, imho!) 
Gill mentioned in the other thread (and I agree) that I'd never noticed the issue you mention about 1 v 2 in the FF. Are you CERTAIN this is the case, Jtt?
5/21/2014 8:37 PM
I'd still like to see a 5th line added to the depth chart.  This would help when you want to prioritize a guy listed at 2 positions and need to skip a slot.  You could still fill out the depth chart sufficiently with this 5th line.
5/21/2014 9:00 PM
Posted by wildcat98 on 5/21/2014 8:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jtt8355 on 5/21/2014 6:39:00 PM (view original):

Gill mentioned in the other thread (and I agree) that I'd never noticed the issue you mention about 1 v 2 in the FF. Are you CERTAIN this is the case, Jtt?
If any world is in postseason play or in between seasons, someone can very easily and quickly compare projection report to seeds to brackets. I'm 100% certain this was the case the last two worlds I checked.
5/21/2014 9:37 PM
Depressing update, makes me scared to lose half my team...
5/22/2014 12:49 PM
if one looks at the NT seed page where they list all 64 teams and their seeds from 1-16, the two #1 seeds listed in the left-most regions are the overall #1 and #4 PPR teams, so they will meet up in the FF barring any upsets.  This is how it should be.  The two #1 seeds listed in the right-most columns are the #2 and #3 overall PPR teams and will meet in the FF (absent any upsets), which is how it should be.
5/22/2014 3:40 PM
Posted by jdno on 5/22/2014 3:40:00 PM (view original):
if one looks at the NT seed page where they list all 64 teams and their seeds from 1-16, the two #1 seeds listed in the left-most regions are the overall #1 and #4 PPR teams, so they will meet up in the FF barring any upsets.  This is how it should be.  The two #1 seeds listed in the right-most columns are the #2 and #3 overall PPR teams and will meet in the FF (absent any upsets), which is how it should be.
in the other thread where this was being discussed, i admitted being wrong. here too, i'll say it: i was wrong!

this is turning out to be worse than an argument with my wife... 
5/22/2014 6:08 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.