Damn, 99 Public world openings Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by jeff2106 on 5/23/2014 9:18:00 PM (view original):
Why not lower the price? Gridiron dynasty is $10.95. If your taking over a bad team it takes 3-4 seasons to get things fixed.

I estimate that FOX makes about 250k a year off HBD as is($15 x 32 owners x 170 worlds x 3 times a year). 

5/24/2014 8:56 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/23/2014 2:03:00 PM (view original):
FWIW, I don't think anyone should leave a world due to bickering amongst the owners.   First, it's the internet so the ******** gets to be ******** without fear of being punched in the face.  Everyone should know this when they turn on their computer.   Second, we have a block feature.  If someone is too annoying or stupid for your tastes, block them.   I have an owner blocked both worlds I don't commish.   My "experience" in those worlds is better for it. 

Competition problems can't be resolved so easily. 
I did end up leaving the world I was talking about. It wasn't entirely because of the bickering; the world has taken almost two weeks to fill, and it's actually going backwards. But the bickering is a problem in my opinion. True, I could block users, but if a substantial portion of the world is engaged in the pointless arguing, I'd have to block seven or eight owners to be rid of it. And if I do that, I risk missing out on actual important announcements from time to time. I figure it's best to try to find a league that isn't full of angry 14 year olds.
5/27/2014 11:59 AM
Well, it was Greenwell and you had invested one season into it.   It is much easier to move on after one season if you're unhappy with the "tone" of the world.    That said, if someone is annoying/stupid enough to be blocked, what are the odds that they'll actually have an important announcement? 

Anyway, there's a reason Greenwell has 13 openings(after having 11 yesterday).   If the other 19 owners don't understand why, there is no point in sticking around. 
5/27/2014 12:10 PM
In my opinion, the biggest problem is that there have been no significant updates in a long time so the game has grown a bit stale.  I think there are always going to be issues with certain worlds and there will always be owners that come in 1 season and leave for a bunch of different reasons, but for well over a year, there has been nothing added to the game.  So people that are dedicated owners and have been around awhile have no need to "try out a new world with a different approach"  People are cutting back from 8 worlds to 4, then down to just their favorite 1 or 2 worlds.  Combine that with the seemingly minimal advertising and lack of new owners, and its a problem for the later 1/3 of worlds in this game.  Good worlds with good owners will continue to fill b/c the handful of new owners to this site will eventually migrate to a world they enjoy if they like the game (but perhaps not the world they first joined)  Worlds at the back end will struggle.  Who wants to jump into a world with 8 openings knowing its going to take several weeks to get moving?  Considering the amount Fox has invested in their sports programing, they could spend very little and push this site to great extremes.  They obviously don't care that much to consider having Joe Buck throw in a 5 second plug during the game of the week.
5/27/2014 12:40 PM
You make a good point, Taz.
But if Joe Buck pitched this game, I think I'd have to boycutt it on principle. Joe Buck just irritates me.
5/27/2014 2:09 PM
123 Next ▸
Damn, 99 Public world openings Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.