Geography League Draft Order Topic

Posted by stroh23 on 7/8/2014 7:57:00 PM (view original):
Never thought I would pick a reliever in the first round but since I got "rest of the world", I pick P Mariano Rivera 1995
well you made my 2nd round pick a lot easier (NOT!)...but seriously, let's finish this first round cause I am ready for the 2nd haha -
7/8/2014 11:09 PM
There have been some surprises in this 1st round

Dixie :
Ty Cobb  OF 1905
7/9/2014 4:03 AM
PLEASE LIST THE FIRST WIS DATABASE SEASON FOR THAT PLAYER (ROOKIE YEAR) THAT YOU ARE DRAFTING THEM IN FOR THIS COMING SEASON YEAR 1 OF GEOGRAPHY LEAGUE. THANKS AND GOOD LUCK. 

Round 1: 

dnmchill Dixie   Ty Cobb OF 1905        
benfc New England Nap Lajoie 2B 1896         
crazyamos California pre-1990        
italyprof New York  Lou Gehrig 1B 1925        
stroh23 Rest of the World  Mariano Rivera P 1995        
mini157 Midwest Progressivism   Addie Joss P 1902      
grayfoxx Texarkana        Ernie Banks SS 1954        
bublooo Pennsylvania   Stan Musial OF 1942        
shawbigred Atlantic Coast   Babe Ruth P 1915        
coloradokid Calfornia 1990 on    Barry Bonds OF 1989        
sooners07 Illinois  Rickey Henderson OF 1979        
cleonjones Caribbean     Albert Pujols 1B 2001        
cardsfan Ohio  George Sisler 1B 1915        
shysters3 Down the Mississippi  Carl Hubbell 1921      
bagchucker Stagecoach  Mickey Mantle OF 1951        
chargingryno Appalachia  George Brett 3B 1974

Players already selected: (by region): 

Atlantic Coast               California 1990 on (retirement years)               Ohio                               Texarkana                     New York                

Babe Ruth P                              Barry Bonds OF                                       George Sisler                  Ernie Banks             Lou Gehrig          

Midwestern Progressive               Down the Mississippi           Illinois           New England      Pennsylvania           Stagecoach          
Addie Joss                                         Carl Hubbell                    Rickey Henderson      Nap Lajoie         Stan Musial          Mickey Mantle     

Dixie          Rest of World      Caribbean      Appalachia

Ty Cobb     Mariano Rivera      Albert Pujols     George Brett
7/9/2014 12:26 PM (edited)
Good surreal banter, always a good sign in a new league...

We are missing only rhinokb's pick and can then start Round 2. 
7/9/2014 5:01 AM
rhinokb drafts back to back from pre-1990 Cal in the first 2 rounds - he wont hold anyone up.

Has he opend the sitemails??
7/9/2014 9:08 AM (edited)
No, he hasn't and if that goes on for a while longer I will contact the person on the waiting list. I know we are all anxious to keep drafting, and you are right grayfoxx, technically it doesn't hold anyone up. 

Let's hold off for a little while and I will sitemail everyone when it seems like enough time has passed today to just let the rest of us go at it. 

I would like to know if we need to replace an owner or not first before two whole rounds of picks are in.
7/9/2014 9:13 AM
I'm anxious for my 3rd round pick.  There is one guy that I think is possibly the 2nd best player in the sim...but plays a position with lots of quality HOF'ers - there are also 2 very good HOF pitchers that I would love to get...but who does Shawbigred take? Who am I torn between??  Hmmm well let's finish round 2 so I can start tormenting over round 3!
7/9/2014 10:52 AM
I think you're wondering who I am going to take actually, if you're talking about Texarkana. The top level talent in that region is great.
7/9/2014 11:38 AM
FYI, guys, I'm the backup in case rhinokb doesn't show. Rhino, if you come back and read this, kudos to you - enjoy the team!

If not, I'm read to roll as soon as italyprof gives me the heads up....

7/9/2014 11:56 AM
No sign of our missing owner. No sitemails opened. I don't want to hold up a whole league for someone who may have changed his mind. I will put rhinokb on the waiting list in case he does show up. 

I have invited crazyamos to take this spot in the league as he was waiting with enthusiasm for joining and says he is ready with his picks. So he and the rest of us can make our picks any time today. 
7/9/2014 11:58 AM
Since it is my birthday and I am going out to dinner with my wife (finally friends are babysitting and we get an evening together), I will take the liberty of starting: 

from "Down the Mississippi":   C Yogi Berra 1947
7/9/2014 12:00 PM
Round 2:

benfc Atlantic Coast    Jimmy Foxx 1B 1927    
italyprof Down the Mississippi Yogi Berra C 1947     
grayfoxx Ohio      Cy Young P 1890    
chargingryno Rest of the World    Ichiro Suzuki OF 2001    
cleonjones Caribbean        
shawbigred New York      Warren Spahn P 1946    
stroh23 Dixie          
cardsfan Illinois      Joe McGinnity P 1900    
crazyamos California pre-1990    round 1: Ted Williams OF 1939  round 2: Tom Seaver P  1967    
sooners07 Texarkana        
shysters3 Calfornia 1990 on        
dnmchill Stagecoach    Walter Johnson P 1907    
coloradokid New England    Tim Keefe P 1885    
bagchucker Pennsylvania        
bublooo Midwest Progressivism  Al Simmons OF 1924    

mini157 Appalachia                       
Jesse Burkette P 1890  (sorry had some spacing problems with the excel paste here)
Players already selected: (by region): 

Atlantic Coast                Babe Ruth     Jimmy Foxx 

California pre-1990         Ted Williams   Tom Seaver

California 1990 on         Barry Bonds

Ohio                                    George Sisler    Cy Young  

Texarkana                          Ernie Banks 

New York                             Lou Gehrig      Warren Spahn 

Midwestern                          Addie Joss    Al Simmons

Down the Mississippi          Carl Hubbell     Yogi Berra 

Illinois                                     Rickey Henderson     Joe McGinnity

New England                           Nap Lajoie           Tim Keefe 

Pennsylvania                          Stan Musial 

Stagecoach                           Mickey Mantle   Walter Johnson

Dixie                                          Ty Cobb 

Rest of World                        Mariano Rivera     Ichiro Suzuki 

Caribbean                               Albert Pujols 

Appalachia                              George Brett   Jesse Burkette 

7/9/2014 5:20 PM (edited)
Ryno, I think I know what hitter you're talking about. But I'm going pitching with this pick....

New York - P Warren Spahn(1946)
7/9/2014 12:08 PM
Yep, it was hard not taking spahn or other pitchers last round. The picks get more interesting now as the rounds build up - less predictable. 
7/9/2014 12:15 PM
Posted by sooners07 on 7/9/2014 11:38:00 AM (view original):
I think you're wondering who I am going to take actually, if you're talking about Texarkana. The top level talent in that region is great.
You are right. The top tier players are insane in that region. Good luck! Ha
7/9/2014 12:18 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...65 Next ▸
Geography League Draft Order Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.