Dungy Topic

People on either end of the religion spectrum can't be rational when discussing religious points.

Dungy, taint, nomar, etc, etc.
7/24/2014 9:59 AM
WWJD?
7/24/2014 10:03 AM

NBC’s Tony Dungy joined the show to talk about his quotes in Ira Kaufman’s story for the Tampa Tribune. Here are some of Dungy’s comments:

– Dungy explained  that the interview was about distractions and the Draft and he gave the quote when the Oprah documentary series was still in play for Sam.

– Dungy wanted to make it clear that he supports Michael Sam being on the Rams: “I do believe he should be there and I’m glad he is.”

– Dungy answered Dan’s question about how he can say Sam would be a distraction if he can support players like Michael Vick or Jonathan Martin — who could be perceived as distractions” If we substitute Jonathan Martin for Michael Sam, no one is going to replay those quotes two, three months later.”

– Dungy said that he would not draft based on a player’s religious views: “When you go into coaching, you have a responsibility to deliver a good football team to your owner.”

– Dungy said his views on gay marriage would not affect the way he drafted: “Gay marriage and who should be on a football team have nothing to do with each other.”

– Dungy said that he was disappointed that people said he was “anti-gay.”

http://www.danpatrick.com/2014/07/23/tony-dungy-explains-remarks-michael-sam/

7/24/2014 10:05 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/24/2014 9:59:00 AM (view original):
People on either end of the religion spectrum can't be rational when discussing religious points.

Lol
7/25/2014 4:28 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/24/2014 9:59:00 AM (view original):

I just don't like morons that spout off about their religion and the bible.  yet pick and chose which part of the bible they want to follow.  Dungy = hypocrite.
7/28/2014 4:19 PM
Do you know which parts of the Bible Dungy chooses not to follow?

I think it's fair to say you're not a man of faith.    So, again, people on either end of the religion spectrum can't be rational when discussing religious points.

7/28/2014 4:31 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/28/2014 4:31:00 PM (view original):
Do you know which parts of the Bible Dungy chooses not to follow?

I think it's fair to say you're not a man of faith.    So, again, people on either end of the religion spectrum can't be rational when discussing religious points.

I have faith.  I'm also a man of science.  Best of both worlds.

Dungy has thrown his support several times to Gay Marriage ban.  So, I'm going on on a limb here and saying that he's picking part of the bible that says a man and layeth down...yada yada yada.

Why just pick that one? If you are a bible follower, then follow it completely.  Don't pick and choose.  He shouldn't be working on Sundays, the list can go on.  
7/28/2014 5:22 PM
Yes.  But which part does he NOT choose to follow?
7/28/2014 6:48 PM
Guess you missed the part about working on Sundays.
7/28/2014 10:43 PM
stone adulterers to death!
7/29/2014 6:35 AM
Posted by 05nomar05 on 7/28/2014 10:43:00 PM (view original):
My knowledge of the bible is pretty limited.   I think it's a book written by men with agendas.   In fact, I believe organized religion had an agenda.   Scare the stupid peasants into acting right.   That doesn't mean I don't believe in a Higher Power.

So am I a hypocrite?
7/29/2014 8:34 AM
yes
7/29/2014 8:38 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/29/2014 8:34:00 AM (view original):
My knowledge of the bible is pretty limited.   I think it's a book written by men with agendas.   In fact, I believe organized religion had an agenda.   Scare the stupid peasants into acting right.   That doesn't mean I don't believe in a Higher Power.

So am I a hypocrite?
Nope. 

My thinking is along those lines as well. 
7/29/2014 12:58 PM
Posted by 05nomar05 on 7/29/2014 12:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/29/2014 8:34:00 AM (view original):

So am I a hypocrite?
Nope. 

My thinking is along those lines as well. 
So, as long as someone has similar religious views as you, they're not a hypocrite?
7/29/2014 1:49 PM
Bleh.  I don't like blanket statements with no substantial argument behind them. 

I particularly like religous themed arguments because, as someone smack in the middle(thus making me rational), I can take either side.  
7/29/2014 3:38 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Dungy Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.