Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

Posted by tecwrg on 9/2/2014 12:51:00 PM (view original):
I can think of lots of things that would cause somebody to want him removed from the area.
What, specifically, do you think he was doing? What evidence do you have of this activity?

My money is on just sitting there.
9/2/2014 12:54 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 9/2/2014 12:54:00 PM (view original):
I can think of lots of things that would cause somebody to want him removed from the area.
What, specifically, do you think he was doing? What evidence do you have of this activity?

I have as much evidence that he was doing something as you have that he was "just sitting there".

We can both speculate as much as want about what may or may not have happened.

I understand and accept that I have no idea what may or may not have happened, while you seem to be quite content jumping immediately to a definitive conclusion of "RACISM!!!".  Do not pass "GO", do not collect $200.

But while you jump to your conclusions, I'll ask the questions that neither you or taint seem interested in getting answers for.

9/2/2014 1:07 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 9/2/2014 1:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 9/2/2014 12:54:00 PM (view original):

I have as much evidence that he was doing something as you have that he was "just sitting there".

We can both speculate as much as want about what may or may not have happened.

I understand and accept that I have no idea what may or may not have happened, while you seem to be quite content jumping immediately to a definitive conclusion of "RACISM!!!".  Do not pass "GO", do not collect $200.

But while you jump to your conclusions, I'll ask the questions that neither you or taint seem interested in getting answers for.

Actually, no, you don't.

The teacher saw the incident and corroborated Lollie's story. No one has put forward a conflicting account of what he was doing.  
9/2/2014 1:09 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
If you can't believe the guy who was arrested, who can you believe?

OJ was innocent.  He said so.    Good enough for taintluck.
9/2/2014 1:28 PM
Posted by The Taint on 9/2/2014 1:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 9/1/2014 9:27:00 PM (view original):

Lollie rejected the police’s argument as “false,” telling City Pages that the charges against him were dropped because one of his daughter’s teachers supported his account of the arrest, while a woman who works near the site of his arrest told authorities she often ate lunch there without any recrimination from security guards or officers.
Pesky little facts.
So it's not that the teacher has come forth and supported his story.

It's that HE SAID the teacher supported his story.

I believe there's a word for that.  It's called "hearsay".

There's a reason why it's not allowed in a court of law.  Because it's unreliable and unsubstantiated.

Try again.

9/2/2014 1:37 PM
Posted by The Taint on 9/2/2014 1:37:00 PM (view original):
Do you have a reason not to believe the teacher?
Do you have any reason to believe she is a credible witness?
9/2/2014 1:42 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/2/2014 1:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 9/2/2014 1:37:00 PM (view original):
Do you have a reason not to believe the teacher?
Do you have any reason to believe she is a credible witness?
Seems like the police found her credible, they dropped the charges.

9/2/2014 1:56 PM
Posted by The Taint on 9/2/2014 1:40:00 PM (view original):
The charges were, indeed, dropped on July 31 after security footage and a teacher’s statement backed up Lollie’s story.

“The teacher actually gave me a witness statement, stating that ‘He was calm, he wasn’t doing anything wrong, he was talking to them, and they just started assaulting him,’” Lollie told the Twin Cities Daily Planet.

Try again.
Was the teacher there when he was "just sitting there" when the security guard felt compelled to call the cops?  I would have thought the teacher was with the child/children he was waiting for.

Sounds like the teacher's alleged account is what happened after the cops showed up.

And I say "alleged account", because what you posted is not the teachers statement.  It's what HE said the teacher said.

Damn heresay.  Just can't get away from it.

Try again.

9/2/2014 2:13 PM (edited)
I suppose I could say that I have a witness statement from a priest who said that Lollie dropped his pants and took a **** on the security guard's desk.

Can you believe that?

9/2/2014 2:07 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 9/2/2014 2:08:00 PM (view original):
I suppose I could say that I have a witness statement from a priest who said that Lollie dropped his pants and took a **** on the security guard's desk.

Can you believe that?

That would clearly change things? Do you?

Oh, that's right. You don't. You just really don't want anyone to be able to blame this on racism. Which is a weird stand to take.

9/2/2014 2:19 PM
◂ Prev 1...40|41|42|43|44...142 Next ▸
Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.