Noob Questions: Acquiring Pitching Topic

Got it! You've got three teams. At first I thought you were looking at three different qualities in each individual pitcher.

I'm not sure what's a reach and what's not. When looking at my draft, there are are three possible #1s, and my scouting is heavily slanted toward college players (20M), so the bulk of the top players I see are 22 years old. In terms of OVR the guy I'm looking at drafting might be a small reach (ranked #4 in the default system), but he looks to be a better player with a better makeup. But, I'd be giving up about 8 points in OVR, which worries me, as I have very few truly excellent players in my entire system. Maybe just one or two. I figure he'll make it up in just a season or two and go further. As a noob, though, anything could happen. I've never owned a great pitcher and can't be sure I'd know one if I saw one.

I haven't put up any more details here due to the "free scouting" phenomenon, but I'm learning it is possible to win with #2/3 types if the whole team is working well. Since I've never had a team even reach .500, I'm sure much of this discussion is premature ... but I am learning.
8/22/2014 10:57 AM
Check your sitemail. 
8/22/2014 11:01 AM
◂ Prev 12
Noob Questions: Acquiring Pitching Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.