Hmmm...I appreciate the honest evals, but just to defend myself..."too early for Kobe" three picks before the 2nd round was over?  I'm pretty sure I have seen him go late in first rounds or early 2nd before.  Plus, other than T-Mac at 63, what other "scorers" were out there that were better?  Drexler?  Plus, Kobe plays better D than any that are.

Adding Mel Daniels and being able to flip flop him with Moses at the 4 and 5 depending on defensive matchups gives me plenty of flexibility there without losing any rebounding.

Wejj, either way, it will be hard to be as bad as I was last season with those three guys. 
8/26/2014 4:32 AM
Posted by eleibowitz on 8/25/2014 6:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by vancem on 8/25/2014 6:08:00 PM (view original):
Did you forget about me? I know the so far my drafting has been off a bit. Should have taken Manu over Deron Williams but didn't have the courage.
All these trades are screwing me up. Ill get you soon
Your updated Vancem 
8/26/2014 5:07 AM
The Porter pick was motivated by panic and guilt.  I thumbed it in at a red light during DC rush hour this morning, not wanting to hold the draft up any further, but it was a pretty arbitrary grab from my draft board and I'm already second-guessing myself nine different ways.  Good ol' T. Porter is a solid but not spectacular standby in this league.  Might have fallen to me in the next round, but his combination of 3s, assists and better-than-awful D will be hard to come by.  Now I'm banking on one of the big men I passed up being available in the fourth.
8/26/2014 8:28 AM
Posted by amerk1180 on 8/26/2014 4:32:00 AM (view original):
Hmmm...I appreciate the honest evals, but just to defend myself..."too early for Kobe" three picks before the 2nd round was over?  I'm pretty sure I have seen him go late in first rounds or early 2nd before.  Plus, other than T-Mac at 63, what other "scorers" were out there that were better?  Drexler?  Plus, Kobe plays better D than any that are.

Adding Mel Daniels and being able to flip flop him with Moses at the 4 and 5 depending on defensive matchups gives me plenty of flexibility there without losing any rebounding.

Wejj, either way, it will be hard to be as bad as I was last season with those three guys. 
amerk to me Kobe is a 3rd to 4th round pick.  I think there's others that could of been better and yes T-Mac and Drexler think would of been better and others I can't mention but like I said there has been plenty of Kobe lead teams that make it deep into the playoffs.  So I hope you prove me wrong 
8/26/2014 8:37 AM
Almost took Kobe over Lucas and would have taken him in the 3rd. Also it's fun to watch everyone climbing all over themselves to draft D, D, D. IMO a team with an efg around 55%, 90% ast, and 140-150% creb can compete even if the ave D is only around 70, guess we will see.
8/26/2014 9:39 AM (edited)

'73' Lanier / '68' Unseld / '02' Garnett / ??? / '63' Oscar..not too bad. We have solid boards, all around assist and the defense is acceptable. Draft'n 20th sort of takes high efg% off the table, so it's boards, dimes & defense...woot.

8/26/2014 1:01 PM
You also might win the award for most old school players on a team.
8/26/2014 1:07 PM
btw - you better bring high efg%..cuz if you miss I own it. 
8/26/2014 1:18 PM
Hey..KG try to look old school. lol
8/26/2014 1:20 PM
KG is old school.  He's like 85 years old already.
8/26/2014 1:44 PM
Fair assessment of my crew so far, eleibowitz.  I'm not loving the chemistry, but we'll see.  If this turns out to be a disaster it began with the hurry-up Porter pick, since I had been planning on Wade at PG.  Taking a page from 98's book I was hoping Kirilenko would fall to me, but alas, he didn't.  Neither did G. Wallace, who would have been a great fit.  Stoudemire + Wade is ridiculous amount of usage, but at least some of Dwyane's shots will be going to a more efficient scorer. 

But I always put board control first in this league, and Amare's presence on my team means I'm relying much more on not missing the hoop.  A SF who rebounds, plays strong D and doesn't screw up much is essential, and I have several dudes in mind.

8/26/2014 1:59 PM
Posted by longtallbrad on 8/26/2014 1:59:00 PM (view original):
Fair assessment of my crew so far, eleibowitz.  I'm not loving the chemistry, but we'll see.  If this turns out to be a disaster it began with the hurry-up Porter pick, since I had been planning on Wade at PG.  Taking a page from 98's book I was hoping Kirilenko would fall to me, but alas, he didn't.  Neither did G. Wallace, who would have been a great fit.  Stoudemire + Wade is ridiculous amount of usage, but at least some of Dwyane's shots will be going to a more efficient scorer. 

But I always put board control first in this league, and Amare's presence on my team means I'm relying much more on not missing the hoop.  A SF who rebounds, plays strong D and doesn't screw up much is essential, and I have several dudes in mind.

Thank LTB.. Yeah you have a lot of usage between the two but Camby and Porter are very light on usage so it evens out.

Yeah that's my thoughts on your SF..
8/26/2014 2:08 PM
I thought I was going to have to explain the Josh Smith pick, but you saw my plan for what it is at this point. Ideally, TMac can LIMIT the damage Smith is going to do in the eFG department. We will see...
8/26/2014 2:20 PM
elei, let's put my boards in perspective..my point guard pulls 8-9 boards a game.  Then there's Bob @ 339creb, KG @ 345creb & Wes @ 422creb..hmmm. Aaaand, my fg% will go +52%. Oh..pay no attention to my "Harlem Globe Trotters" like assists.... 
8/26/2014 3:29 PM (edited)
Hey elei, draft me 1st.....
8/26/2014 3:27 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...9 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.