2014 NFL Predictions Topic

NE will fall to 2-3 and there will be full on panic here....but then hopefully a Bills, Jets, Bears stretch gets them turned around

It had better because the schedule after that is brutal
10/1/2014 8:06 AM
I think that Cincy should win.  I mean, a short week for the Pats and Cincy coming off a bye.  Yikes!

Hopefully, the O&D lines pick up.  If that happens, I like them vs anyone else on their schedule.
10/1/2014 10:06 AM
What?
10/5/2014 10:46 PM
Posted by kcden on 8/30/2014 2:15:00 PM (view original):
AFC East- NE  MIA  BUF  NYJ
AFC North- CIN BAL PIT CLE
AFC South- IND  HOU  JAX  TEN
AFC West- DEN  SD  KC  OAK
Wildcards- HOU  MIA

NFC East- WAS  DAL NYG  PHI
NFC North- GB DET  CHI  MIN
NFC South- NO  ATL  CAR  TB
NFC West- SEA  ARI  SF  STL
Wildcards- ATL  ARI

AFC Champ- NE over DEN
NFC Champ- SEA over NO
SB- SEA over NE

Predictions:
SF takes a huge step-back, but not far enough to fall behind a QB-less STL
JAX is MUCH better than most people are thinking/predicting and challenge for a wild card spot
The NFC East is just.... terrible and may have the 2nd team to ever make the playoffs with a losing record
I fear my picks could not have possibly been worse:
- Seahawks don't look like a playoff team
- Jaguars still look like the worst team in the league
- The NFC East looks like one of the best divisions, if not the best (and WAS looks like the 2nd worst team in the NFL)
- SF maybe has taken a step-back, but I think they are going to win the NFC West.
- NO may not make the playoffs

I suppose my AFC side of the playoffs COULD be decent, but I don't see NE making the Super Bowl.

10/19/2014 2:30 PM
NE gets better as the season goes on.

My predictions are brutal as well.  Think I had NO going to the Superbowl.  They are destined for the pooperbowl this year.  
10/20/2014 10:52 AM
****** division - I'm not counting them out yet.
10/20/2014 11:04 AM
  1 2 3 4   1 2 3 4   1 2 3 4   1 2 3 4   WC WC CCG CCG SB  
Stinenavy NE MIA NYJ BUF 4 CIN BAL PIT CLE 4 IND HOU TEN JAX 2 DEN SD KC OAK 2 SD BAL DEN NE DEN  
  DAL NYG WAS PHI 4 CHI GB DET MIN 6 NO ATL CAR TB 4 SF SEA ARI STL 4 ATL SEA NO SF    
          8         10         6         6           30

Moranis NE NYJ BUF MIA 4 BAL CIN PIT CLE 4 IND HOU TEN JAX 2 DEN SD KC OAK 2 CIN HOU DEN BAL NO  
  PHI DAL NYG WAS 2 CHI GB DET MIN 6 NO TB ATL CAR 6 SEA SF ARI STL 2 SF GB NO SEA    
          6         10         8         4           28

Kcden NE MIA BUF NYJ 2 CIN BAL PIT CLE 4 IND HOU JAX TEN 0 DEN SD KC OAK 2 HOU MIA NE DEN SEA  
  WAS DAL NYG PHI 6 GB DET CHI MIN 2 NO ATL CAR TB 4 SEA ARI SF STL 0 ATL ARI SEA NO    
          8         6         4         2           20

examinerebb NE MIA NYJ BUF 5 BAL CIN PIT CLE 4 IND HOU JAX TEN 0 DEN KC SD OAK 0 KC HOU NE DEN SEA  
  PHI DAL WAS NYG 4 GB DET CHI MIN 2 NO CAR ATL TB 2 SEA ARI SF STL 0 DET ARI SEA GB    
          9         6         2         0           17

Burnsy483 NE MIA NYJ BUF 4 CIN PIT BAL CLE 2 IND HOU TEN JAX 2 DEN SD KC OAK 2 SD PIT DEN SD DEN  
  PHI NYG WAS DAL 6 GB DET CHI MIN 2 NO ATL CAR TB 4 SEA ARI SF STL 0 DET ATL PHI SEA    
          10         4         6         2           22

05nomar05 NE MIA NYJ BUF 4 PIT CIN BAL CLE 0 IND HOU JAX TEN 0 DEN SD KC OAK 2 CIN SD NE PIT NE  
  PHI       6 GB DET CHI MIN 2 NO CAR ATL TB 2 SEA ARI SF STL 0 DET ARI NO SEA    
          10         2         2         2           16

steelers821 NE MIA NYJ BUF 4 CIN PIT BAL CLE 2 IND HOU TEN JAX 2 SD DEN KC OAK 4 DEN MIA IND CIN IND  
  PHI DAL NYG WAS 2 DET GB CHI MIN 4 NO ATL TB CAR 6 SEA ARI SF STL 0 GB ARI NO SEA    
          6         6         8         4           24

Jtpsops NE MIA BUF NYJ 2 CIN CLE BAL PIT 6 IND TEN HOU JAX 4 DEN SD KC OAK 2 TEN SD DEN NE DEN  
  PHI NYG DAL WAS 4 CHI DET GB MIN 6 NO TB CAR ATL 6 SF SEA STL ARI 6 DET SEA SF PHI    
          6         12         10         8           36

Got Worms NE MIA NYJ BUF 4 CIN PIT BAL CLE 2 IND JAX TEN HOU 4 DEN SD KC OAK 2 JAX PIT DEN IND DEN  
  PHI WAS DAL NYG 6 GB DET MIN CHI 0 NO ATL TB CAR 6 SEA SF STL ARI 4 DET SF SEA NO    
          10         2         10         6           28
3/7/2015 2:59 PM
I'm not sure how to post to include the colors I had on the excel file. It reverts everything to black and white. I decided to give one point for every spot off. So the lower the point total the better.

Jtpsops clearly did the worst, and the point system doesn't include him putting (eventual 2-14) Tennessee into the playoffs.

Divisions that no one got right: AFC East, NFC East, and NFC South. Everyone had New Orleans winning the division. I was the only one that picked Dallas instead of Philly for the NFC East. AFC East was tricky because the Bills did better than expected.

As for the best, it is between 05nomar05 and examinerebb. I gave nomar the max total for NFC East for not completing the bracket. Even with that, he had the lowest point total. Examinerebb nailed the NFC wildcards (as did nomar) and had the NFC Championship Game participants.

Nomar had 9 playoff participants correct, examinerebb had 7. Nomar also had the SB pick correct (albeit a homer pick).

So with all that, 05nomar05 wins the 2014 Prediction Contest!

3/7/2015 3:15 PM
◂ Prev 123
2014 NFL Predictions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.