no one answered jdno - you CAN successfully redshirt someone after the inform/un-inform tango, but to do so you have to inform of redshirt again at some point before signings, and of course make sure you have enough of a considering "cushion" since the inform carries negative effort. The kid will respond ******** about it probably, maybe even with a message that sounds like he is telling you to eff off, but as long as he is still considering you that is irrelevant...and after he reports he will take the resdhirt.
9/10/2014 10:56 AM
thx dacj, good to know.  I assumed once you used the No R/S then no amount of effort + Inform of R/S would ever work again.
9/10/2014 12:01 PM
Posted by jdno on 9/10/2014 12:01:00 PM (view original):
thx dacj, good to know.  I assumed once you used the No R/S then no amount of effort + Inform of R/S would ever work again.
nope, dac was right. just to take it a bit further, the amount of effort varies by player - same old story as everything else - depends on where the kid sees himself in relation to your school. some players take almost no effort, less than 1 HV, but some players can take up to 7 HVs or 3 CVs. i don't know about high d1 on that, i think seble added something special with high d1 players to compensate for the complaint that it was ridiculous #1 players in the country were taking redshirts... but those figures should hold in d2/d3 at least, and i think for most of d1... less confident in d1 just because seble touched it and i didn't re-investigate, but it used to be true throughout d1. 
9/10/2014 1:02 PM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.