Set it and forget it Topic

Posted by rednation58 on 10/15/2014 12:18:00 PM (view original):
I started this post because I have reason to believe that Northwestern in Phelan may be a set it and forget it team and won the NC as a 13 seed. It would suck to discover that with all the coaching options available - in the end it means nothing lol. Or maybe it's all about recruiting and player chemistry - or it could be dumb luck. Idk but I just wanted to see if any other coaches have experienced this type of success or something close. Thanks guys.
I was going to bring up that very same example, but wasn't 100% sure if he was a ghost ship, although it appeared to be for at least most of the season, into the tournament.
10/15/2014 4:14 PM
Well I know his conference mates said as much - that it was a ghost ship job, but we will never know unless NW comes forward. I'm tempted to send a sitemail lol.
10/15/2014 7:47 PM
Posted by rednation58 on 10/15/2014 7:47:00 PM (view original):
Well I know his conference mates said as much - that it was a ghost ship job, but we will never know unless NW comes forward. I'm tempted to send a sitemail lol.
Conference mate here...

Northwestern is a set & forget as he always shows up for recruiting.  He does not however change his disto or positioning during the entire season (post season included) and made an incredible run during this last NT to win it all (he normally always plays slow down/+1 at least for four or five seasons now).
10/15/2014 8:27 PM
I remember seeing the BigTen conference message board, he checks in the day after the championship game was played and he was like WTF? LOL!
10/15/2014 9:26 PM
Posted by buddhagamer on 10/15/2014 8:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by rednation58 on 10/15/2014 7:47:00 PM (view original):
Conference mate here...

Northwestern is a set & forget as he always shows up for recruiting.  He does not however change his disto or positioning during the entire season (post season included) and made an incredible run during this last NT to win it all (he normally always plays slow down/+1 at least for four or five seasons now).
Well there you go lol!
10/16/2014 8:57 AM
◂ Prev 12
Set it and forget it Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.