HBD, an untapped human psychology experiment Topic

The simplest solution to all of this is that one of us hits the Power Ball.  Buys WIS.  Hires some of the more passionate loyalist gamers on as consultants - hires programmers to work with the consultants.   Sink some $$ into marketing.

Viola.  Problem solved.   Stranger things have happened

11/2/2014 10:52 PM
From an investment perspective, I'm not sure it's worth it.

173 worlds, 5305 current active owners(1 owner per team) if you subtract the 92, 139 current openings.
Roughly $15 per team after discounts and credit totals $79,575.
Working with the current state of HBD, the best you can hope for is 3 seasons per year on average.  $238,725.

Not chump change but, once you start hiring programmers and consultants, HBD is a loser.   Of course, this doesn't factor in the other games but I can't imagine they're bigger sellers either.
11/3/2014 8:50 AM
I think that showing "Server Error in '/HBD' Application" every other page is really a strong way to attract those new customers.  
11/3/2014 8:55 AM
Posted by keithjs on 11/3/2014 8:55:00 AM (view original):
I think that showing "Server Error in '/HBD' Application" every other page is really a strong way to attract those new customers.  
Going on 12 hours of that crap now.
11/3/2014 8:57 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/31/2014 4:40:00 PM (view original):

I think I figured out why we differ in reference to "dynasty".    You've been in two worlds apparently(10 and 17 seasons).   I've been in two for 10, one for 14(and counting) and two others 32+(and counting).    So, yeah, for an owner like me, massive engine updates create bigger problems.

can't you just learn what the changes are and adapt?
11/3/2014 2:48 PM
Posted by ttnorm on 11/1/2014 10:33:00 AM (view original):
I used to advertise HBD to my baseball friends but have not done so since 2011.  Baseball fantasy junkies know that this game is frozen in the previous CBA and that the lack of a serious attempt to update the draft, the internationals, the free agent rules makes this basically a nostalgia SIM.  It's their game and their choice.  But having more and more worlds frozen in limbo can't be good for their bottom line unless your business plan is SQUEEZING THE LEMON DRY. 
The game really isn't all that reflective of present-day MLB, you're right. The ballparks aren't event up to date, given that some of them were brand-new when HBD debuted and the effects weren't entirely known.

But I'm not sure that we'd all want the engine overhauled to tilt gameplay toward flamethrowing relievers.
11/3/2014 2:52 PM
Sure.   But I've drafted and signed players based on what is happening and what I expect to happen 10-15 seasons down the road.   Would I be better off starting with a clean slate with this team or perhaps another team that has drafted/signed some players who fit the new program better?
11/3/2014 2:53 PM
One suggestion I would think would improve things a lot is allowing for live play.  I'm not sure everyone would have the time to play games live, but even if you could have control of 30 games or so over the course of a season, it would really add to the enjoyment for some (maybe even many) players, I think.  I know I'd love the chance to play games live.
11/4/2014 4:30 PM
◂ Prev 1234
HBD, an untapped human psychology experiment Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.