Keeper World Discussion Thread Topic

I'll start a voting thread when 5 people come in here saying let's vote, unless someone else comes in here with a new suggestion/proposal before that.
1/10/2015 10:58 PM
Is your draft proposal still good as written?
1/10/2015 11:06 PM
I think the sentiment is that we won't limit the amount of waiver claims for the sake of ease of enforcement.  We can keep that idea on the shelf and look at it next offseason if we feel the need for it.  So, at this point, it think we would be voting on the proposal as written.
1/11/2015 1:01 AM
So let's vote.  I vote yes.
1/11/2015 8:15 AM
I would like to see some waiver wire rule in place. I would prefer no waiver wire claims until the completion of rule five draft. However, if the rule was to limit the amount of waiver wire claims I would go along. It would be harder to monitor if there was a limit instead of an outright ban.
1/11/2015 9:01 AM
If you need someone to enforce the ww claims prior to the season I will take care of that for you/ I would like to see a limit but it is not a deal braker for me
1/11/2015 9:11 AM
Let's vote.
1/11/2015 10:35 AM
Ok, correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding of MikeT23's no pre r5 waiver claims scenario would involve waiving players on the first day of free agency, and then again just before the rule 5 draft. As far as I know, you cannot waive a player twice in quick succession like that.

Anyone know the soonest that a player can be waived again upon learing waivers?
1/11/2015 11:18 AM
No reason to waive twice that I can see.

Once they clear they will be off the 40 and available in R5. 
1/11/2015 11:38 AM
That's the 1 flaw in Mike's proposal. If you need to waive players with long term contracts in order to get down to 20 at the start of FA signing, then those players will not be able to be picked up in waivers, and they will not be on the Rule 5 board. So in order to avoid people being able to stash those players in AAA, they would need to be waived again right before the Rule 5 freeze, so they would be subject to somebody picking them up on the WW right after the R5 draft.
1/11/2015 12:17 PM
Because of that flaw, I now feel that we should go ahead and let owners pick up players on the WW. Maybe with the only restriction that the max number of successful pick-ups before the R5 draft is 3.
1/11/2015 12:20 PM
OK, since a question was asked.

Any player with a long term contract who will not be carried on the 40 will be designated, with waivers, the day of the R5 draft freeze.   They will not be eligible for the R5, and there is no way to make them R5 eligible under any circumstances, but they would have to clear waivers after the R5 draft is completed.

I've mentioned this privately but, if the argument is "WW claims will not be impact players", the counter argument is they come from the same pool as the R5 draft eligible players.    So, IOW, none of the players swapping teams will be impact players.   And, if that's the case, I fail to understand the purpose of this concept.

And, for the record, I wouldn't care when teams got down to 20 as long as it was BEFORE the R5 draft freeze.
1/11/2015 12:23 PM
Posted by bjschumacher on 1/11/2015 12:20:00 PM (view original):
Because of that flaw, I now feel that we should go ahead and let owners pick up players on the WW. Maybe with the only restriction that the max number of successful pick-ups before the R5 draft is 3.
There is no flaw.
1/11/2015 12:24 PM
There is no flaw only if we don't set the 20 man limit until the R5 draft.
1/11/2015 12:26 PM
I believe that any player that clears waivers must be removed from the 40. Either using the DFA with waivers or manually by the owner. They would than be available for drafting on R5.
1/11/2015 12:27 PM
◂ Prev 1...13|14|15|16|17...26 Next ▸
Keeper World Discussion Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.