Keeper World Discussion Thread Topic

My vote is (a). I can live with (c). I'm totally against (b).
1/11/2015 3:53 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 1/11/2015 2:44:00 PM (view original):
It's not exactly the same pool, as the WW pool includes the LT guys while the R5 pool does not.  The WW pool is more likely to be made up of veteran players who are already fully developed, while the R5 pool will include younger players, many of whom are not yet completed their development.

Now if your argument is that more value will be found in the WW pool than in the R5 pool, that's a fair argument and is probably true.  And it's also fair to be concerned that the top guys on the WW priority list will be able to "hoard" the best of the WW players.  But those players still will tend to be the back of the roster guys from the other teams.  You don't like references to "impact players", but the fact is that being able to add four or five #21 guys isn't going to turn anybody around from a 60 game winner to a 100 game winner.
The LT guys will go on the WW.   After the R5 draft is completed.

If there's no point in "redistributing" #21 guys off rosters, what's the point of the concept?
1/11/2015 3:56 PM
Anyway, my thought behind the entire concept was that #21 on the best team might be #12 on the worst team.   #21 on the 2nd best team might be #13 on the worst team.   And so on.   By not limiting WW claims, #32 is going to get a shot at every team's #21 before team #31 does.     Is this going to make #32 into a 100 game winner?   Nope.   Is this redistribution draft going to do the same for #31 and #30?   Nope.    #32 has 6 days, 12 claims he can get in before the draft.
1/11/2015 4:01 PM
My vote is c.
1/11/2015 4:09 PM
My vote is (d), get to 20 by the start of FA signing and then go for it with no limits on waiver pickups. But if that is not available, I will have to settle for (b).
1/11/2015 4:58 PM
My vote would be B, but could easily get behind C.
1/11/2015 5:14 PM
The Rat votes for B.
1/11/2015 7:45 PM
Coug votes B with C as a fall back.  A is out for me.  If it's A I will move on.
1/11/2015 8:04 PM
shobob - why don't you add my option and see how the votes fall?
1/11/2015 8:33 PM
Or there should be an option e, just get to 20 by R5.  We should just have ONE checkpoint.  This is getting absurd with the amount of policing that will be needed.
1/11/2015 8:34 PM
One could argue that it's getting absurd that after over a week of discussion, and when presented with three options to vote on, you're now asking for options 4 and 5.
1/11/2015 8:41 PM
Agreed tec. It's time to vote as presented. 10 days is enough. Get the theme going or let it revert to the dead world it was. I for1 do not need this
1/11/2015 8:46 PM
There's a phrase for this: "paralysis by analysis".

We have a framework that's been defined by consensus.  We vote on it.  Either it passes and we move forward with it, or it doesn't and we let it go, or look for another world.

It doesn't help when some of the resistance is coming from the non-Ford people, the one's who are supposedly joining Ford specifically for the theme.  If we're not all on the same page, then this is doomed to fail.
1/11/2015 8:52 PM

Present ONE option and vote Yes/No.      You will not find a way to make everyone happy.     The 17 pages of this thread makes that apparent.

1/11/2015 9:15 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 1/11/2015 8:52:00 PM (view original):
There's a phrase for this: "paralysis by analysis".

We have a framework that's been defined by consensus.  We vote on it.  Either it passes and we move forward with it, or it doesn't and we let it go, or look for another world.

It doesn't help when some of the resistance is coming from the non-Ford people, the one's who are supposedly joining Ford specifically for the theme.  If we're not all on the same page, then this is doomed to fail.
I agree. Nothing we decide on is going to be set in stone. If we see the need to revise the rules next off season, we can do that then.
1/11/2015 9:19 PM
◂ Prev 1...15|16|17|18|19...26 Next ▸
Keeper World Discussion Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.