what if the 2 "stragglers" are both in the same conference or already played eachother.  once all the humans schedule their own games, the pool of schools is cut way down to fit everyone in
1/16/2015 6:48 AM
Posted by emy1013 on 1/15/2015 3:56:00 AM (view original):
There should really be no reason for any team to have to play an 11th non-con game with this many sim teams.
its funny, i have to imagine simply picking opponents randomly and retrying if there is a conflict, would result in far fewer game 11s than oldave is showing. i always figured HD just picked randomly and thats why there were a couple game 11s per world - but from olddaves numbers, its actually a lot worse than that. i put picking randomly at around .6 teams per season with game 11, per division. im not even sure what HD could be doing to be so bad at pairing, when the laziest option should result in far fewer game 11s than they have... 12 per season in d2, that is insane!
1/16/2015 8:01 AM
Posted by gillispie1 on 1/16/2015 8:02:00 AM (view original):
Posted by emy1013 on 1/15/2015 3:56:00 AM (view original):
There should really be no reason for any team to have to play an 11th non-con game with this many sim teams.
its funny, i have to imagine simply picking opponents randomly and retrying if there is a conflict, would result in far fewer game 11s than oldave is showing. i always figured HD just picked randomly and thats why there were a couple game 11s per world - but from olddaves numbers, its actually a lot worse than that. i put picking randomly at around .6 teams per season with game 11, per division. im not even sure what HD could be doing to be so bad at pairing, when the laziest option should result in far fewer game 11s than they have... 12 per season in d2, that is insane!
Part of my job was to schedule different leagues, teams, events, etc. I'll say again that there should really be NO reason for any team to have to play an 11th non-con game with this many empty Sim teams. It's quite easy actually and whomever wrote the code for scheduling was simply being lazy.
1/16/2015 4:05 PM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.