11 of 12 footballs deflated.... Topic

GOODELL IS ALL BOUT ONE THING------- MONEY

I EXPECT HIM TO FINE BELLICHEAT ALOT. TO HIS KIND THAT IS THE WORST PUNISHMENT YE CAN METE OUT
1/22/2015 4:30 AM
Jay Glazer reporting the Ravens tipped the Colts off about deflated balls.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/deflategate-baltimore-ravens-indianapolis-colts-deflated-footballs-012115

1/22/2015 8:23 AM

During the game?

1/22/2015 8:32 AM
If the NFL isn't going to suspend anyone because they can't put it on anyone specific, a new policy will be announced very soon.   Balls will be checked during games. 

I honestly have no idea how they can pin it on Belichick unless he was spotted handing someone a shoebox full of cash with handwritten instructions to deflate the ball.    The balls are checked, by NFL reps, two hours before the game.   Unless they expect the coach to carry the balls around for the next two hours, and keep a watchful eye on them during the game, it's pretty much out of his hands.   As I jokingly said, RGIII would deflate balls during the game and report it in order to get Gruden suspended.    Some crazyass ballboy could do it out of spite.
1/22/2015 9:00 AM
You know who definitely know about it? Brady. Wouldn't it be something if he was suspended for the Super Bowl. (wouldnt happen)
1/22/2015 9:38 AM
Think of it like a corked bat in baseball. Guy uses one in Game 6 of WS, MLB finds out, he's definitely suspended for Game 7.
1/22/2015 9:39 AM
Of course Brady knew about it.   If Robert Kraft demanded the balls be deflated, it's because Brady gave the OK. 

And, no, he won't be suspended for the Super Bowl.  
1/22/2015 9:44 AM
Vikings-Panthers

Ball tampering.

Comments?  Cares?  Concerns?

I've come to the belief that the only way this turns into a BIG deal for the Patriots is if they were told before hand to stop doing this and ignored the mandate

BB has denied any knowledge of this at all, calling himself shocked to find out it had happened
1/22/2015 9:59 AM
If he did in any way it seems odd to put such a strong statement out there that could hang over your head...there are certainly ways to say absolutely nothing
1/22/2015 10:01 AM
"I have no explanation for what happened" and "I told you everything I know".  A classic Bill Belichick press conference.

If had had a sense of humor (he doesn't), he would have thrown in a "We're on to Cincinnati" somewhere in there.

1/22/2015 10:03 AM
Sounds like he's saying "Talk to Brady.  I know nothing."

1/22/2015 10:06 AM
of course he has a sense of humor.....that's what 'on to Seattle' was all about post game on Sunday.....
1/22/2015 10:07 AM
Pretty sure BB thinks he's funny.

I know, if I mumbled thru press conferences while saying nothing, I'd crack myself up.  I doubt I'd be able to keep a straight face during it.
1/22/2015 10:13 AM

I'm pretty sure BB only has one emotion:

1/22/2015 10:21 AM
Bill's thinking...

Deflate the balls. Tom prefers it. What is the NFL gonna do? Award the game to be replayed or deem the Colts AFC champs? Suspend me or Brady for the Super Bowl? No. They will do what they always do. They will be the vaginas they always are and fine us. Maybe take a draft pick. Big deal. Kraft will give me a raise to cover the suspension like Spygate, and we will be in the Super Bowl. Now we have to find another way to gain an unfair advantage or Seattle might have a fair chance.
1/22/2015 10:23 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...22 Next ▸
11 of 12 footballs deflated.... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.