Important Announcement Topic

Actually I suggested this update a while back. It is a needed fix. Just not among the top 20 other more pressing fixes they could work on.
2/8/2015 4:54 PM
so has this taken effect?  I was looking to join wooden but it is requiring me to purchase seasons, which I thought this update would allow me to use current seasons I have?
2/12/2015 9:45 AM
A proposed fix... allow us to "sign contracts" like real coaches... I know we put the money in, etc. but have the team sign you to a 3 or 5 year contract, etc... or allow us the opportunity to negotiate. Just something I would like to see to continue to make the game more realistic imo.
2/13/2015 9:09 AM
Contracts are fine.  But the real problem is (and I'm not even close to D1 so don't mind the peanut gallery opinion) that I have seen coaches at big time programs do awful and not get fired.  So, if my dream is to coach at Duke but the guy there has 20 losing seasons in a row but doesn't seem to be going anywhere, why would I ever try to move up?
2/13/2015 12:20 PM
That is in my opinion the worse thing about this game and I not smart enough to know how to change it. A coach should get fired but as a paying customer they will not do that to much cause players will leave and that's losing money.
2/13/2015 6:05 PM
I like the contract idea from Josh. That'd be fun.
2/13/2015 6:44 PM
so... anything?  last time I checked I wasnt able to join a new world with existing seasons...
2/15/2015 9:46 PM
Posted by joshfsu123 on 2/13/2015 9:09:00 AM (view original):
A proposed fix... allow us to "sign contracts" like real coaches... I know we put the money in, etc. but have the team sign you to a 3 or 5 year contract, etc... or allow us the opportunity to negotiate. Just something I would like to see to continue to make the game more realistic imo.
I imagine this may have already been proposed, but what if the contract offers involved giving users actual discounts for the game? So if you're doing a great job as a coach (exceeding expectations, etc.), you'll get better offers and play HD for less or free. 
2/15/2015 11:33 PM
Posted by trail on 2/15/2015 11:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by joshfsu123 on 2/13/2015 9:09:00 AM (view original):
I imagine this may have already been proposed, but what if the contract offers involved giving users actual discounts for the game? So if you're doing a great job as a coach (exceeding expectations, etc.), you'll get better offers and play HD for less or free. 
Good Coaches already play for less or close to free .. the further you go into the NT ... the more points/cash you get as a reward.
2/16/2015 9:46 AM
Yeah, good coaches get discounts already but additional discounts are always welcomed. I just don't want to be told I am "exceeding expectations" - I want to get a contract offer, to know how many years I have, in case I have a bad season or two... just would like it to be more realistic and it is something the "gamers" should be able to set up pretty easily in the coding. Give you a couple options to select.

I also wish we could send personalized messages to recruits or players during the season but that seems harder...

But yeah, as others mentioned, it is EASY not to be fired. That really needs to be fixed... I know we pay money but come on, if you suck, you suck and should be coaching a major program, no matter if you spend the money or not.
2/18/2015 9:02 PM
joke of a update!
2/18/2015 9:24 PM
Looks like it is being put into play....
2/19/2015 3:42 PM
so ~8 days behind
2/19/2015 6:52 PM
so is this why my $15 credit seems missing??  and there is a "?" under credits?

2/19/2015 9:18 PM
So it look like my teams are set to auto renew.  Can that be turned off?
2/20/2015 10:38 AM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Important Announcement Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.