I enjoy Long Haul and Roy Hobbs the most, but I think Cobbfather would be the best on an object measurment of the wolds I am in.
2/23/2015 5:22 PM
Posted by mchales_army on 2/23/2015 12:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/23/2015 10:07:00 AM (view original):
FWIW, I don't see a little turnover as a bad thing.   If you constantly replace 5-6 owners, something is amiss.   But losing 1-2 isn't the end of the world.
The way I set up my formula was by taking the best at each category and using that world as a baseline for that category. All other worlds are given points based on their deviance from the baseline. In this system a low score is more desirable. Best case scenario if the world was the best in every category they would have a score of 0.

I am only looking at the last 4 seasons, because frankly anything beyond that is far less relevant.

Moonlight Graham and Cooperstown are 1-2 so far.

Moonlight Graham is amazing in that over the last 4 seasons 27 of the 32 franchises have made the post season. The next best so far is only 23 with most worlds hovering around 21-22 or so.

TheMLB is the baseline for "average wait time between seasons". They ran 4 seasons in 363 days. Hopkinsheel's other two worlds were both at 364. Moonlight and Cooperstown were both @ 365 IIRC.

I also take into account "extreme teams" getting a count on 100 win and loss teams. as well as most single season wins and losses during the 4 seasons.

MG or Coop, had a high loss mark of only 102. That means the #1 pick went to a 60 win team or better every season. Those kinds of numbers are what I think make for a competitve world as well as a well run world (as far as turnover and wait time).

Anyway I have a couple volunteers so hopefully I will be able to post the complete list fairly soon.

If you need any more volunteers, let me know. I mean, it's only fair, since I'm the one who brought this up in the first place!
2/23/2015 6:12 PM
I say this every time but I'll say it again.   It doesn't really matter where your world "ranks" or what anyone else thinks of it.   As long as you like it, it's good.    Different strokes for different folks. 

Although I'll never understand someone waiting months to play.    That seems insane.   I don't care how much you like your team or your world.
2/23/2015 7:23 PM
Posted by willsauve on 2/22/2015 6:52:00 PM (view original):
I just spent an hour looking through worlds with openings and I'm not sure if there is a world with openings worth joining right now... 
Is is because owners will start a 56 range guy like Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Felipe Mendez in CF 21 times?

Or maybe because they'll start a Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Quilvio Encarnacion at 3B 122 times while he commits 40 errors with 18 negative plays while carrying a solid .607 OPS?

Or maybe because owners will run a 39.3m payroll and spend 37m on IFA/draft picks while winning at a .350 clip?

Yeah, owners like that can screw up a good world in no time.

Fargo Fighting Sioux (NL)
Owner: willsauve Ballpark: Cash Field
ML: 53-98 AAA: 51-93 AA: 80-64 Hi A: 47-97 Lo A: 84-60 RL: 29-47
Players: $39.3M
Prospects: $37.0M
Coaches: $10.0M
5/21/2015 9:46 AM
Burn
5/21/2015 11:55 AM
Posted by willsauve on 2/22/2015 6:52:00 PM (view original):
I just spent an hour looking through worlds with openings and I'm not sure if there is a world with openings worth joining right now... 
You know what else creates a situation like this?

willsauve Fighting Sioux 5/21/2015 12:32 PM I'm not pretending anything.. My team sucks and I barely paid attention to it after the 1st few weeks of the season.. I knew I wasnt going to be good enough to win the division and I thought I was on a good pace to get to 70 wins.. I
willsauve Fighting Sioux 5/21/2015 12:32 PM breifly checked in every couple days and I usually would hit the recomended lineup button if/when there was an injury.. I neglected to go through each player and adjust their positions at the start and I'm guessing that the horrible fielders were placed
willsauve Fighting Sioux 5/21/2015 12:32 PM into my linup when I hit the REC button... I just started going through the positions last night when Mike pointed out my crappy 3B stats. Sorry that my team has done so poorly I really wasnt try to have this team be a total shat show this season..
willsauve Fighting Sioux 5/20/2015 9:09 PM . Sorry I was on a really good win pace early and thought I was going to easily get 70+ I didn't start paying attention again until a couple weeks ago and started adjusting my rotation so my weaker pitchers are skipped. I've pretty
willsauve Fighting Sioux 5/20/2015 9:09 PM much just been going with suggested line ups all season.. I also had a couple injuries that helped make this team more of a shat show than it needed to be.. But with that being said its not like I have a bunch of great players in my minors to call up..
5/21/2015 3:26 PM
It's called "negligence".   Good worlds don't have owners who stop paying attention when they realize they can't win the division.
5/21/2015 3:26 PM
◂ Prev 123

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.