Bug: you can see all of the IFA's at season start Topic

just add one to the total goose....0707981   to 0707982  for example.
3/3/2015 3:53 PM
I just tried it on like 7 numbers. I did not work for me. Could it be that they have disabled it already?
3/3/2015 4:23 PM
So here's the problem for all of us, from the very first thing that mal247 said:

I wonder who knew about this, and has been using it for how long?  Of course it does me no good to wonder that.  But this seems to me to be an "integrity of the game compromised" kind of thing.  They better fix it fast.

3/3/2015 4:30 PM
Posted by damag on 3/3/2015 4:30:00 PM (view original):
So here's the problem for all of us, from the very first thing that mal247 said:

I wonder who knew about this, and has been using it for how long?  Of course it does me no good to wonder that.  But this seems to me to be an "integrity of the game compromised" kind of thing.  They better fix it fast.

Keep in mind that even though somebody in your world may have known, it isn't a guarantee they would get the best guy or even best guys.
3/3/2015 4:34 PM
Posted by frymaster99 on 3/3/2015 4:34:00 PM (view original):

Keep in mind that even though somebody in your world may have known, it isn't a guarantee they would get the best guy or even best guys.
No, I know that.  It's dependent on your scouting budget.  But how long has it been available to exploit?  If you knew about it before a season started, surely it would affect your budgeting.

3/3/2015 4:36 PM
No use speculating. I'm just glad it's in the open now. I will be more glad when they fix it.
3/3/2015 4:53 PM
Posted by damag on 3/3/2015 4:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by frymaster99 on 3/3/2015 4:34:00 PM (view original):

No, I know that.  It's dependent on your scouting budget.  But how long has it been available to exploit?  If you knew about it before a season started, surely it would affect your budgeting.

You wouldnt have the sequence until after the 1st IFA pops up so you wouldnt see the IFA pool until well after budgets and free agency.. Right??
3/3/2015 5:00 PM
correct

3/3/2015 5:22 PM
This is a big deal, but I would argue that it would be better to have all the IFAs viewable together and have a signing day equivalent to July 2nd in the pros.  
3/3/2015 5:44 PM
That wasn't what I meant. This exploit gives a degree of predictability to IFA by telling you when the big fish show up. Without even knowing who the players are, if you knew you had an advantage over other owners in IFA you'd max your scouting and prospect money. You'd carry maximum cash payroll for budget transfers.

Does that mean everyone with 20 million in IFA scouting is a suspect? Of course not. But that's why I bring up "integrity of the game." It's like assuming everyone who hit over 30 HRs in the 90s must have been juicing. You don't want that kind of environment to exist.
3/3/2015 5:50 PM
I have lost count of the number of seasons where I didn't use my 20 million in prospect budget because I was waiting for a better IFA to show up.

Anyone who was aware of this bug had a distinct advantage in the IFA market.
3/3/2015 6:02 PM
Has it been fixed because I don't see the list...
3/3/2015 6:05 PM
Posted by kahrtmen on 3/3/2015 5:44:00 PM (view original):
This is a big deal, but I would argue that it would be better to have all the IFAs viewable together and have a signing day equivalent to July 2nd in the pros.  
This looks like it's the only viable solution that makes it fair for anyone whose season has already started. After that it's probably still the best overall solution.
3/3/2015 6:22 PM
Posted by gooserules on 3/3/2015 6:05:00 PM (view original):
It's not a list. You change the id# one by one. It's a slow process.
3/3/2015 6:58 PM
Posted by shobob on 3/3/2015 6:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gooserules on 3/3/2015 6:05:00 PM (view original):
It's not a list. You change the id# one by one. It's a slow process.
Either way, did they fix it?
3/3/2015 7:43 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6|7 Next ▸
Bug: you can see all of the IFA's at season start Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.