Who has the best chance to beat Kentucky? Topic

Posted by emy1013 on 4/6/2015 11:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by a_in_the_b on 4/6/2015 11:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by the0nlyis on 4/6/2015 11:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by whitey34 on 4/6/2015 11:24:00 PM (view original):
Emy please admit it 1 time! I'm right!!! We didn't need Okafor!!!
ya you just had the refs... that out of bounds was the biggest bs in recent memory.  3 point game and it shouldve been wisky's ball instead duke gets its back and makes it a 6 point play.  granted wisky sucked those last few minutes and didnt know how to play uptempo in the last few minutes those last 30 seconds were horrendous
Besides - it isn't as if Wisconsin was guaranteed a bucket if they got the ball back there anyway.
For real.  What's to say Tyus Jones doesn't steal the ensuing inbounds pass, hit a three, and get fouled on the shot?  It's good to post that kind of stuff here because you can "What  If" it to death.  What if Okafor picks up his fifth foul before K can get him out of the game?  What if it's Big Frank who is in foul trouble and not Okafor and Winslow?  What if Justise Winslow hits the two free throws to put them up seven?  What if, when Duke was leading 23-17 in the first half, Matt Jones doesn't miss a wide open three and Duke goes up by nine at that point?  Maybe Wisconsin folds their tents right there.  Who knows?  You can't  "what if...." because you can do that for the rest of eternity.
the only thing different between what of duke steals the ball and wisky not getting the ball back is that duke clearly hit the ball, we don't know what wouldve happened kf wisky got the ball, but we clearly know that they  they glt screwed out of multiple possesions including winslow stepping out of bounds on the okafor and 1 sure we don't know what would've happened but they clearly gave duke an advantage to winning.
4/7/2015 12:22 AM
Hayes clearly pushed Winslow. Had his forearm in the middle of his back. That's a wash to me. The non overturned replay is disappointing. Karma maybe? Wisconsin benefited from no shot clock call vs UK and now was on wrong end of the deal.
4/7/2015 12:39 AM
Posted by the0nlyis on 4/7/2015 12:22:00 AM (view original):
Posted by emy1013 on 4/6/2015 11:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by a_in_the_b on 4/6/2015 11:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by the0nlyis on 4/6/2015 11:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by whitey34 on 4/6/2015 11:24:00 PM (view original):
Emy please admit it 1 time! I'm right!!! We didn't need Okafor!!!
ya you just had the refs... that out of bounds was the biggest bs in recent memory.  3 point game and it shouldve been wisky's ball instead duke gets its back and makes it a 6 point play.  granted wisky sucked those last few minutes and didnt know how to play uptempo in the last few minutes those last 30 seconds were horrendous
Besides - it isn't as if Wisconsin was guaranteed a bucket if they got the ball back there anyway.
For real.  What's to say Tyus Jones doesn't steal the ensuing inbounds pass, hit a three, and get fouled on the shot?  It's good to post that kind of stuff here because you can "What  If" it to death.  What if Okafor picks up his fifth foul before K can get him out of the game?  What if it's Big Frank who is in foul trouble and not Okafor and Winslow?  What if Justise Winslow hits the two free throws to put them up seven?  What if, when Duke was leading 23-17 in the first half, Matt Jones doesn't miss a wide open three and Duke goes up by nine at that point?  Maybe Wisconsin folds their tents right there.  Who knows?  You can't  "what if...." because you can do that for the rest of eternity.
the only thing different between what of duke steals the ball and wisky not getting the ball back is that duke clearly hit the ball, we don't know what wouldve happened kf wisky got the ball, but we clearly know that they  they glt screwed out of multiple possesions including winslow stepping out of bounds on the okafor and 1 sure we don't know what would've happened but they clearly gave duke an advantage to winning.
So do we now go back and do that with all of the other calls in the game as well?
4/7/2015 6:00 AM
The team who played the best game won. I have no issue against the referee calls, it somewhat evened out at the end. Wisconsin choked. But for those who know coaching, rule #1 : Rotations should go with the feel of the game, do not rotate for rest because you think your player needs a rest. When your player is hot, keep him on. Wisconsin pulled out their PG, Koenig while he was red hot, running the floor like a pro, setting plays... I think it's the turning point. Duke went on a run and never looked back.

At the end, there was a bit of choking on the part of Wisconsin, too nervous, unsure of their offense, running isolated one on one plays, something they stayed away from during the game, but most of all, there was Tyus Jones and Grayson Allen (who is he?), they both played their heart out and are the reason Duke won. Hopefully Jones comes back and makes another run at this. Duke sure has a backcourt with him.
4/7/2015 7:28 AM
every year with all the ****** calls, i want to start a website devoted to the ranking and ******** about of really bad calls. could have worst calls of the week, tournament, etc (would span all sports), and refs would be tracked over time and ranked according to the calls they screw up. overall, a pretty negative vibe, but i think that plays into how folks feel when their team loses, anyway. would be across sports, fthatref.com or something like that
4/7/2015 11:32 AM
Posted by gillispie1 on 4/7/2015 11:33:00 AM (view original):
every year with all the ****** calls, i want to start a website devoted to the ranking and ******** about of really bad calls. could have worst calls of the week, tournament, etc (would span all sports), and refs would be tracked over time and ranked according to the calls they screw up. overall, a pretty negative vibe, but i think that plays into how folks feel when their team loses, anyway. would be across sports, fthatref.com or something like that
Sounds like a website I'd visit daily
4/7/2015 12:44 PM
Colin Cowherd made an interesting point today.   Those who complain about the one-and-done should consider this:  Without the one-and-done, Wisconsin wouldn't be playing for the national title.  This would've been Anthony Davis' senior year at Kentucky. The one-and-done rule gives schools like Gonzaga, Wisconsin, and Butler a chance
4/7/2015 1:00 PM
Posted by alblack56 on 4/7/2015 1:02:00 PM (view original):
Colin Cowherd made an interesting point today.   Those who complain about the one-and-done should consider this:  Without the one-and-done, Wisconsin wouldn't be playing for the national title.  This would've been Anthony Davis' senior year at Kentucky. The one-and-done rule gives schools like Gonzaga, Wisconsin, and Butler a chance
Interesting point but I think if Anthony Davis and that group would still be at Kentucky, Anthony-Towns, the Harrison twins, and Lyles would have most likely gone to other schools (like Wisconsin) which would even the playing field. No way Calipari could find playing time for all of them
4/7/2015 2:52 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 4/7/2015 12:03:00 AM (view original):
Someone should demand that Tyus Jones take a physical too.  Make sure that kid is human because tonight he played like a cold-blooded assassin.  No emotion, no fear, just deadly. 

And goodness gracious I hope that somehow someone convinces Grayson Allen to stay for three or four years.  My goodness he'd be a special player.
I'm starting to work on the documentary as we speak.  Set to be released in 2035.  "I hate Grayson Allen"
4/7/2015 3:09 PM
Posted by alblack56 on 4/7/2015 1:02:00 PM (view original):
But Al, there's no way to know if Anthony Davis would have blown up in college as much as he has in the pros.  Maybe Calipari totally misuses him like he has several other players.  Maybe he pulls a Noel and blows out a knee.  Like I said earlier, you could what if the situation to death.

I think it would be interesting though, like someone mentioned earlier, if the rule was like college baseball.  You could go straight from high school into the draft but if you choose to play college you have to stay three seasons minimum.  Would be very interesting to see what some of the powerhouse teams would look like.  But I don't think it's as simple as just taking players who played at a particular school and putting them back on that school's roster.  I'm not sure you end up with AD and Boogie on the same college team.  Imagine those two going at it in college.  Talk about loaded though!  Kentucky with all those one-and-dones, Kansas with their talent, Duke with Jabari Parker, Jahlil Okafor, Justise Winslow, Tyus Jones, and Austin Rivers.  Not enough basketballs to go around, but that starting five hangs with anyone.  Just some potentially nasty teams.  Of course, most of the players in question would go straight to the league, so even WITH that rule none of those teams would have come close to actually happening.  It's fun to imagine though!
4/7/2015 3:25 PM
Hey, oldwarrior! I LOVE the kid. I've loved him all season. It's a marriage made in haven. He wanted Duke, they ended up wanting him. He has a chance to be a 3 year starter at Duke. However if things go well, he might be able to jump to the NBA after his Junior year. He's such a well rounded kid, he may end up staying all 4 years. He is the "babyfaced" assassin! What a great kid.
4/7/2015 3:28 PM
Posted by coachvegas44 on 4/7/2015 3:28:00 PM (view original):
Hey, oldwarrior! I LOVE the kid. I've loved him all season. It's a marriage made in haven. He wanted Duke, they ended up wanting him. He has a chance to be a 3 year starter at Duke. However if things go well, he might be able to jump to the NBA after his Junior year. He's such a well rounded kid, he may end up staying all 4 years. He is the "babyfaced" assassin! What a great kid.
First warrior is right. I think jay Williams or someone said that he will be the next Dukie hated with a passion since Redick. I think he does stay between 3-4 yrs. he's small for a SG at 6'4 but plays big because he is so athletic. I'm not sure if he ever becomes a top 20 pick because of his height, but whoever gets him late in the first will get a steal. If he were 6'6 there would be a lot more hype.
4/7/2015 4:12 PM
Whitey He is a pure scorer, which is rare. Second, he is faster than Redick, and tougher. Redick, on the other hand, is the better pure shooter. I really enjoyed seeing him play. There is a chance, with his baby face, that he grows a inch or two... I see him remaining four years. Hopefully, Coach K does not recruit a one and done SG... I hope Tyus Jones comes back. I am going to be a pseudo-fan if both are there next year. They made the FINAL GAME enjoyable... Winslow played well, got a Lucky uncalled charge that resulted in two free throws. But it's not the game changer. Duke deserved the win!
4/7/2015 5:02 PM
◂ Prev 1...11|12|13
Who has the best chance to beat Kentucky? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.