Knight simmed at 5pm? I'm confused Topic

Yeah, like I said, I guess that kinda makes sense for the S16 but it doesn't for the E8 and FF.....there were no game plans to see and adjust to...
3/29/2015 6:32 PM
Posted by uatte on 3/29/2015 6:00:00 PM (view original):
Doesn't affect me, but if you are going to use that logic, they should at least do 2 out of 3 to make it fair since you got to see your opponents game plan, then adjusted,  and then won. That's as equally unfair if not even more!!! At least the fist time it was equally blind. You got a free pass and took advantage of it, why should the people who originally won and then got screwed after you got to adjust your game-plan have that same opportunity??? It's easy for you to agree when you benefited from the outcome!!!
both coaches had the chance to see what settings were used and adjust...and then only for the S16, unless you caught the 3 hour window before the E8...
3/29/2015 6:54 PM
So why on earth did they resim the sweet 16 roundat all??? If they had only resimmed the Elite 8 round on and compensated the teams that won the first go round, it would make a little more sense and I wouldn't see people having as much of an issue!!! And even then, I GUARANTEE there were people that took advantage of that window, and even if only ONE person did, that's enough to corrupt this whole thing, and void the logic of it!!!
3/29/2015 7:01 PM
because the S16 round still simmed many hours before they had posted it would. Many coaches had not yet gameplanned for their S16 game because they were told they had until x and it went off much earlier...
3/29/2015 7:31 PM
Posted by uatte on 3/29/2015 7:03:00 PM (view original):
So why on earth did they resim the sweet 16 roundat all??? If they had only resimmed the Elite 8 round on and compensated the teams that won the first go round, it would make a little more sense and I wouldn't see people having as much of an issue!!! And even then, I GUARANTEE there were people that took advantage of that window, and even if only ONE person did, that's enough to corrupt this whole thing, and void the logic of it!!!
How would you feel if you got a team to the Final Four and won, setting up your first chance to win a title only when you went back to plan for your title game opponent, you find the game had already been run and you'd lost?  It was supposed to run at 2:00 a.m. but instead it was run at 9:00 p.m.  Would that seem fair to you?  No, why?  Because the time that the game was supposed to have been run was at 2:00 a.m., not 9:00 p.m.  But then a bunch of people got on the message boards and started telling you too bad or you're out of luck or you should have had your gameplan ready.  But how can you know when to have it ready if the game sims at random times?  Coaches shouldn't have to "immediately" gameplan for their next opponent in the event that a glitch happens in the system.  They should be able to confidently gameplan knowing that the games are run at a set time, not all over the clock.

**Edit**  It seems that Dacj posted a more concise, to the point answer to this question as I was typing mine out.

3/29/2015 7:44 PM
I know there isn't an easy answer to this, but just seems, this wasn't the right way! As long as they compensate the coaches that got screwed, like they said, as much as I don't like it, I can live with it, but to my understanding, they haven't even done that or answered the help tickets yet??? At this point, I just want to see them compensate the parties affected and move on to next season!!!  :)
3/29/2015 7:47 PM
Seems like that situation was handled as fairly as possible under the circumstances. It's unfortunate for the teams that had game planned really well, only to lose when the games were simmed a second time after winning the first. I understand both sides of the argument. There wasn't a verdict that would've pleased everyone, no matter what was decided. I'm hoping those coaches that won the first and lost the second were or will be fairly compensated.
3/29/2015 8:08 PM
Perfectly said wizard!!!
3/29/2015 8:11 PM
I've just issued extra credits to all the coaches who advanced further in the accidental sims than they did in the re-sim.  Amounts are the difference between what would have been earned the first time compared to what was earned the second time.
3/30/2015 8:53 AM
Thanks, seble.  Might want to double-check those credits.  Mine's $5 short, as BSU made the F4, not the E8.  I submitted a ticket.
3/30/2015 12:03 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 3/29/2015 12:51:00 PM (view original):
I don't understand why people think they should be rewarded for games they won accidentally. Maybe they have case for the s16 but beyond that it ridiculous, IMO, to think you earned anything.
i kind of see the logic in this, i honestly think seble could have come out and said look, nothing was supposed to sim in these windows, its a mistake, you never had the opportunity to win a game there, and we are just wiping it out - it never happened - i think that would be a pretty defensible position. i think people are going a little far suggesting seble needs to go back and grant prestige and such. games have independent probabilities, its not like you "used up" your win by winning the non-legit games on the day off.

the only argument i see against this, which i thought was clever actually, it never crossed my mind, is that someone could see the game plan the other coaches used against them and use that to their advantage. thats sneaky, but i suspect in reality, not an issue - many didn't game plan and i doubt people went in and really analyzed the outcomes of those 3 games before it got rolled back. its still a concern, but i think the reward points would make up for that. the games never should have happened, i think getting anything for them is a pretty good outcome for the folks who effectively got a free shot at some reward points.

to go the other way, and say well, its ok to run without game planning, you have to take the stand that game planning doesn't matter, which disenfranchises a large percentage of the WIS base. i know some folks feel this way, it was a somewhat hotly debated issue for some time, but a lot of coaches do game plan and do think it matters (and it does, regardless of your ability to take advantage of it). a lot of coaches are upset about missing game plans or important game plans, and that is just in the regular season, and on their own accord. you can't just take away a huge part of the game on people and claim the remaining 80% is still good enough to constitute a full game. that is BS.
3/30/2015 12:53 PM
Just curious, but how can "seeing the gameplan being used against you" never cross your mind?  That's probably the "first" thing that most people look at, except for maybe the outcome of the game.  Not trying to be a smartass here, but that seems like it would be rather obvious.
3/30/2015 1:02 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8
Knight simmed at 5pm? I'm confused Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.