Playoff Predictions Topic

Trying to keep the scrubs fresher feels like shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic.

The problem is that in order for the current version of the Cavs to be competitive with the Warriors, LeBron has to be on the floor and exerting max effort at both ends.  When he sits, they become a high school team (I know it's hyperbole, no need to fret) and they don't look much better on plays where he's on the court but not in the middle of things.  

It's miraculous that they are in this series, and it'll be miraculous if they stay in it - will probably have to involve Smith waking up and going nuts from 3.

6/12/2015 11:13 AM
oh I know they need Lebron, that is why I said everyone aside from him, but they also need Delly, Shump, Thompson, and Mozgov to provide at least a little bit of offense and great defense.  I just think if they all get a bit more rest during the game, they maybe won't tire as much in the 4th quarter (which they've done in all 4 games).  Sure they won't win without Lebron, but even a quarter of a second faster on defense and it can mean all the difference in the world.
6/12/2015 11:39 AM
Add Kendrick Perkins should play more, to the list of dumb things moranis has written.

The GSW finally played like they need to earn the title, instead of it being given to them because they are the superior team. Great ball movement compared to previous games and while the still got beaten up on the offensive rebounds, they did a nice job giving much more effort there.
6/12/2015 12:56 PM
Posted by moranis on 6/12/2015 11:39:00 AM (view original):
oh I know they need Lebron, that is why I said everyone aside from him, but they also need Delly, Shump, Thompson, and Mozgov to provide at least a little bit of offense and great defense.  I just think if they all get a bit more rest during the game, they maybe won't tire as much in the 4th quarter (which they've done in all 4 games).  Sure they won't win without Lebron, but even a quarter of a second faster on defense and it can mean all the difference in the world.
But if LeBron is worn down in the 4th, which he will be if he's doing what is needed to keep them in the game through the prior 3, it doesn't matter.

They are completely overmatched with the roster that's currently available to them.  It's taken a couple mammoth efforts from LeBron and a little help from GS to keep them in the series.  I'm not in any way convinced there IS an answer for Cleveland at this point, but I'm quite confident it doesn't include Kendrick Perkins.
6/12/2015 1:06 PM
I was pretty clear to only play Perk when Bogut is on the floor and to be an enforcer.  I wasn't saying they should just play Perk, but Perk is good for a hard foul here and there. 

Shumpert and Dellavedova were totally spent about mid-way through the 3rd quarter and Smith has been pretty much worthless all series long.  I just don't see how playing Miller, Marion, and Harris a few minutes here and there for those guys will actually hurt much of anything.  Heck one of them might actually catch fire and allow James a bit of rest.  Cleveland's only shot to win is to be able to play the full 48 minutes with that fire and intensity they have had for much of the early part of games.  They can't just play 7 guys and expect to keep that up all series.  They will get tired.  They need to find some rest and maybe provide a spark (you know like David Lee did in game 3 and 4). 

6/12/2015 4:01 PM
Posted by ashamael on 6/12/2015 3:47:00 AM (view original):
And now let's watch the over-reactors swing the other way.
That was beautiful.

I do believe GSW wins the series (as I predicted), but Cleveland has pleasantly surprised me with their tenacity & desire.  I agree that they need to play a few guys a few minutes (even just a couple of minutes at the end of the 1st & the beginning of the 2nd can go a LONG way), and it's not like Matrix & Miller are chumps.  Pretty sure Marion can still defend well & Miller can still shoot the lights out.  As Moranis said above, one of them (Miller in particular) might get hot. 

None of them can play any worse than JR has the whole series.

6/13/2015 5:05 PM
Pretty sure Perkins could even mess up getting in for a hard foul.
6/13/2015 10:10 PM
Smith finally off to a good start in a game.  See how long he keeps it up.
6/14/2015 8:44 PM
oh and Miller getting some real minutes so far.
6/14/2015 8:44 PM
LeBron playing out of his mind, and basically playing the whole half.  The extra day of rest probably helps that - we'll see how he holds up in the 2nd.
6/14/2015 9:21 PM
If the series ended tonight, Lebron would be the 2nd player ever to win MVP on losing squad.  I don't know what will happen the rest of the way, but assuming he keeps it up, I'd have to give to him.
6/14/2015 10:53 PM
LeBron should get the MVP hands down. I'll overlook that he's only shooting 40% in the series to point out he's lugging a collection of crap to competitiveness.
6/15/2015 5:53 AM
Curry had 37 last night and is now up to 26.2 p, 5.0 r, and 5.8 a along with 1.6 s and over 40% from three.  Curry will win the MVP if the Warriors win the series.  James is by far the best and most important player, but Curry has closed the statistical gap enough that if the Warriors win he will win the MVP.
6/15/2015 8:33 AM
Posted by ashamael on 5/30/2015 4:42:00 PM (view original):
Warriors in 6.  Rest of Cleveland disappears & Lebron unfairly criticized for being 2 out of 6.

Tonight's the night.  I feel like Lebron's critics will be less harsh unless he just completely & epically fails tonight.
6/16/2015 8:31 PM
Wonder how truly hard it was for Mark Jackson to call that game.
I was thinking last night, would we have seen this type of performance from LeBron had Kyrie been healthy? I hope that we get to see this form of LeBron's game going forward in future finals.
6/17/2015 10:56 AM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Playoff Predictions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.