What Am I Missing With This Pitcher? Topic

I've begun to think velocity is pretty important.  That being said, would you trade A for B?  I'm in the hunt and have plenty of good pitching (he'd likely be my #5 starter) 

A (my guy):   Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Nap Reynolds

For B:  Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Posiedon Rivers

M
y team has plenty of high quality for low PC guys.  Poseidon seems like he could become a quality inning eater.  I don't have a ton of SP prospects so giving up Nap would hut long term.  Also- Poseidon seems like another version of:
 Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Miguel Suarez

W
ho has been disappointing.
5/11/2015 2:46 PM
Suarez has low pitch ratings and the GB/FB rating is low too.  I would take the trade in a heart beat.
5/11/2015 3:02 PM
just to clarify - you would trade away Nap for Posiedon?
5/11/2015 3:48 PM
Without hesitation.
5/11/2015 3:53 PM
This trade isn't a slamdunk, although Mike and kevin are correct that Rivers is a better pitcher (maybe about 0.4 of ERA better, plus he'll pitch more innings).  You have a ridiculously good rotation-- either of these guys really is your SP5.  Thus, you're giving up 11 seasons of control of a solid young SP3-4-type to upgrade from one guy who isn't going to start for you in the playoffs to another, which I don't get.  

If one of your other SP is going to be an FA at the end of this season and won't re-sign with you, then take this trade.  Otherwise I'd look to trade Reynolds for a major position player upgrade.
5/11/2015 5:48 PM
I think it's a slamdunk.    Nap is closer to a 5/LR while PR is a solid 3 on most staffs.    No telling where someone pitches in the playoffs due to fatigue/injury but I want my best options to actually be options.
5/11/2015 6:14 PM
I like PR over Burke and Suarez in your rotation. Nap splits dont do it for me plus low pitch ratings. I dont have a specific formula or an expert at this by any means. But to me Rivers is a significant upgrade over 2 of your SP's now. slam dunk. take the trade. 
5/12/2015 9:53 AM
◂ Prev 12
What Am I Missing With This Pitcher? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.