Critical news debate Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 5/9/2015 2:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 5/9/2015 2:22:00 PM (view original):

Detective mchales_army found it:

http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?ForumID=58&TopicID=425238&ThreadID=10706613#l_10706613

That's not it.  I referenced his trade rape tactics before he started defending.   It was a thread before that one when he proudly defended his "strategy".

It may be in this one too but I didn't read past the first exchange about it.
Again, quit lying.

It's not my strategy. Just because I have no problem with veterans making trades with rookies does not mean I have declared it my own personal strategy.

It's just you once again twisting words.

Quoting myself from one of the remarks in that thread.
First-I like to take over bad teams and rebuild them, all the teams you mention are teams that had poor starts as I rebuilt those teams. Between all those teams you listed, you might not find even 1 trade I made that I took as you would call it a rookie behind the woodshed.
5/9/2015 2:52 PM
Might be this one.    http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=370964&page=19

A lot of "this post cannot be converted" but an owner mentioned that he was tired of "taking advantage of n00bs" comments.    And it was an earlier thread.

Doesn't really matter.   plague has explained time and again that he has no issue with taking advantage of a n00b.   Horrendous behavior in this setting.   
5/9/2015 3:17 PM
You can go through all my teams and look at my trade history, you may find 1 or 2 trades in the 11 or so years I have been playing this game where I made significant trades with noobs.

So quit making false accusations.

I have no problem with owners making trades and being responsible for their own actions. That is my stance. Twist it how you may.  I expect people to follow the rules and don't blame others for their actions. If anyone has a problem with that so be it.

5/9/2015 3:24 PM
OK, I'll end this.    Last post about your opinions on lopsided trades.  It's been 3-4 pages now.    The next one off topic post, one not related to the updates, gets redlined.  
5/9/2015 3:26 PM
not sure why there is so much irritation with a few people stating that WIS should allow teams to reset their budgets if WIS is going to make a change that drastically affects how each budget rating relates to this game.. If ADV now affects something more than what it has for the last 10 yrs I don't think it is unreasonable to request that the budgets are reset to 10 with the chance to go up or down 4.. It's a no brainer in my eyes regardless of my current teams situation.. Now if it is not possible or will take a lot of extra resources to allow the reset of budgets then I get it..
5/9/2015 3:50 PM
WifS said, in a very straightforward manner, that they would not do it.   

It shouldn't even be a debate.  They shouldn't even CONSIDER doing because they made the statement that they wouldn't.   Bending on it would only lead to more whining about every update. 
5/9/2015 3:55 PM
"We're sure this question will be coming, so we'll answer it now:  we will not be lifting the maximum budget change of $4M from season to season."

IMO, that should be the final word on the matter. 

5/9/2015 3:56 PM
The only real question that needs to be answered is "What projections, specifically, will ADV determine?"
5/9/2015 3:57 PM
The change announcement was very vague.. I kind of read that as maybe they wouldn't bechanging that rule long term. Also, they stated that they wouldbe checking this thread for feedback and I don't think its a problem for people to state the negatives and positives of all the changes from their own point of view.. It sucks that a few people are turning this thread into space for personal attacks. If you don't agree with somebody it seems that you mike just call them a whiner and start getting rude about things.. I agree with most of your thoughts on this but it's pretty messed up how you are antagonizing people you don't agree with..
5/9/2015 4:04 PM
I'll say this again, none of these updates appear to affect your current roster.    If you've done a halfass job of building a team, you should be able to maintain it for the next 3-4 seasons.     At which time, you'll have a better feel for what budget items you require and you will be at 16m in anything you've zeroed out now.   The ONLY thing being affected is new player acquisitions.   And we're all starting from the same spot. 
5/9/2015 4:04 PM
Posted by willsauve on 5/9/2015 4:04:00 PM (view original):
The change announcement was very vague.. I kind of read that as maybe they wouldn't bechanging that rule long term. Also, they stated that they wouldbe checking this thread for feedback and I don't think its a problem for people to state the negatives and positives of all the changes from their own point of view.. It sucks that a few people are turning this thread into space for personal attacks. If you don't agree with somebody it seems that you mike just call them a whiner and start getting rude about things.. I agree with most of your thoughts on this but it's pretty messed up how you are antagonizing people you don't agree with..
Perhaps you should go back and read the thread again.   You'll see when/where things turned "personal" and you'll see that it wasn't me that got the ball rolling.
5/9/2015 4:06 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/9/2015 3:57:00 PM (view original):
The only real question that needs to be answered is "What projections, specifically, will ADV determine?"
Mike, I am not sure I understand why you believe ADV will be used for anything more than projecting a player after he has signed. My guess is that they will simply make ADV less accurate (than now) at the low end and more accurate at the high end. Though overall progress will still be governed somewhat by coaching, promotions, training, and playing time, so your mileage may still vary. Oh, and that progression may no longer be linear, for what that's worth.
5/9/2015 4:07 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/9/2015 4:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by willsauve on 5/9/2015 4:04:00 PM (view original):
Perhaps you should go back and read the thread again.   You'll see when/where things turned "personal" and you'll see that it wasn't me that got the ball rolling.
If you'd prefer not to do that, it's page 15.   I made a point to not be confrontational as I hoped this wouldn't turn into the ******* match that it did.
5/9/2015 4:08 PM
We're not all starting from the same spot for example my team in smoltz has 0 ADV but Ill be drafting at the end of the draft and I won't be affected.. Now a team with 0 ADV that has a crappy team and a #1 pick will be affected greatly... In most cases a team with a low pick is already in pretty bad shape to begin with and the changes as stated will have more of a negative affect on a team in bad shape than one who is already at the top...
5/9/2015 4:10 PM
Posted by cbriese on 5/9/2015 4:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/9/2015 3:57:00 PM (view original):
Mike, I am not sure I understand why you believe ADV will be used for anything more than projecting a player after he has signed. My guess is that they will simply make ADV less accurate (than now) at the low end and more accurate at the high end. Though overall progress will still be governed somewhat by coaching, promotions, training, and playing time, so your mileage may still vary. Oh, and that progression may no longer be linear, for what that's worth.
I've stated several times why.    I started a thread in the Suggestions Forum in 2012 with 3 items I felt needed to be fixed.    That is probably the only thread in the SF where no one said "Horrible idea".    And it looks, to me, that it was foundation of these changes.    My suggestion was that ADV determine projections for non-rostered players.    I could be COMPLETELY off base.
5/9/2015 4:10 PM
◂ Prev 1...35|36|37|38|39...54 Next ▸
Critical news debate Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.