Critical news debate Topic

We were already on that road. Are you lost?
5/9/2015 8:14 PM
Heh. I'm just checking in every so often to see if we have an answer on the big 'Does ADV budget now affect prospect projections?' question. That's the only thing I really care about.
5/9/2015 8:16 PM
I decided, since WifS is actually looking at this thread for feedback, that we should get off that road and get back on topic.   I'm sure they're not interested in our petty ******* matches.
5/9/2015 8:17 PM
Yep. You're right. They are taking this thread seriously. Back to business.
5/9/2015 8:20 PM
No idea if they're taking it serious or not.   But they're checking in so there's that.    We can create a ******* match thread if you'd like.
5/9/2015 8:24 PM
Under review. Funny.
5/9/2015 10:15 PM
Posted by mchales_army on 5/9/2015 6:53:00 PM (view original):
What is WE?
In Gridiron Dynasty WE is the abbreviation for Work Ethic, since Cbriese is a old Gridiron Dynasty player I am thinking when he said WE he meant Makeup, which is the last rating on a HBD players card.
5/9/2015 11:06 PM
I object to "old". Age is relative.
5/9/2015 11:27 PM
Posted by cbriese on 5/9/2015 11:27:00 PM (view original):
I object to "old". Age is relative.
Haha sorry. I should clarify, I meant old as long time GD coach :)
5/10/2015 1:51 AM
It's going to be real tough to see what the ramifications are until I see it in action. 

I really like the prospect changes and I think in the long run it will be very good for the game. It balances out the value of a great current player versus a great prospect which I think has been tilted way too much towards the prospect. I'm guessing that savvy owners will still be able to guess how good a prospect will be but it will be a little fuzzier. 

I love the DITR changes. I really hope you get some targeted changes where a pitcher gets one great pitch but nothing else. Or a prospect learns to field a lot better but no hitting changes.

One change I'd like to see is the max budget move go from 4 million  to 6 million. 4 always seemed to low. It takes a long time to switch strategies right now. 
5/10/2015 8:38 AM
A few other prospect-player development adjustments we'd prefer not to explicitly detail

Something that will help tip the scales between a great player and a great prospect will be if these "adjustments" are also on the back end of a player's career.   As it stands right now, we know a 33-34 y/o player and 37-38 y/o pitcher are in for a steep decline.   So, for me, trading a 20 y/o prospect for a 34 y/o player is nothing more than a 1 season rental.     There's virtually no reason I can think of that would make me want to trade 11 seasons of production for 1 season of similar production.

Which leads me to another suggestion.   The fact that we have 10 seasons of guaranteed control(3 min, 2 arb, 5 LT) of a player is troublesome.  I'd really like to see some players refuse to sign LT after 1st or 2nd arb.    And some players refuse 5 year long term deals before going to FA.   And, along the same vein, some players in the last year of their deals, who will re-sign at the beginning of the season, either raise their demands as the season progresses or refuse to sign at certain points in the season.   
5/10/2015 9:35 AM
How come we never receive the report detailing the results of the review by site staff? And I'm betting that you will post that picture sometime in the future. Sorry....carry on.
5/10/2015 11:14 AM
Try to stay on topic.  
5/10/2015 11:55 AM
We are 39 pages deep in this thread. I would bet that 30 pages are a ******* match back and forth over the same topic. How about using this thread constructively and maybe wis will address our concerns. Now is the time to offer suggestions to make the game better. We all wanted updates to the game. Now that we are getting them people are crying how unfair it is for them game the system. My teams are at 0 ADV. SO WHATt!!! I will learn the new system and adapt. If I was a member of the wis staff I would tell you all to bite it. Grow up all you whiny babies. Wow I can"t believe I am defending Mike.
5/10/2015 4:13 PM
Well said runnrun. I refuse to defend Mike, but the SOB is right once in a while. Oh yeah, HIDE THE BUDGETS!
5/10/2015 4:46 PM
◂ Prev 1...37|38|39|40|41...54 Next ▸
Critical news debate Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.