Critical news debate Topic

BTW, that's from 11/09.
5/11/2015 6:27 PM
I think it is still pretty big even with adv only affecting the projections of signed players.

Not being able to see current ratings for draft prospects means you have to spend more on Col and HS rather than ignoring projected and instead using current ratings and makeup. That's big but hasnt generated too much talk since most of us agree with it.

IFA's all asking for low dollar amounts is even bigger since now you cant spend 4-5 mil and hope to get lucky by just looking at demands. Again not much talk since this is how just about everyone thinks it should work.

Not being able to see historical ratings for other teams players makes advanced more important for most people. Right now we just wait 2 seasons of development and trade for prospects based on that. Would some people still use 0? Sure but they would now be put in the situation of not having any reliable information on other teams prospects so probably wouldn't trade for them at all. Others would bump it up in order to have better handle on trading for prospects. 

5/11/2015 6:41 PM (edited)
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/11/2015 5:18:00 PM (view original):
Anyway, I thought you were going to dump your current worlds and start in new ones.    Did that change?
Thought about it and figured out I could just create an alias. After all why should my 10 Col 10 HS and 16 INT suddenly become useless because other people used 0  Col 0 HS and 4 INT.
5/11/2015 6:45 PM
Have fun with the beginner edit rosters mode.    One move at a time will be a joy for three seasons.
5/11/2015 6:47 PM
ADV only affecting rostered players has no major effect on 0 users.    What little "trading for prospects" that was done was based on several factors.  Development pattern was only one.     Draft position, bonus for IFA, owner's history in draft/IFA markets, owner's budget for those markets, owner's ability to develop players, player current vs experience, etc, etc. 

You're taking one aspect from the equation.   For me, if I'm not sure, I don't pull the trigger.   Which was always the case.
5/11/2015 6:50 PM
Not being able to see a non-rostered prospects currents has the biggest effect on me if ADV doesn't change.   Instead of 12-14m and a guesstimate, I might have to go 16-18m to get a better feel.   
5/11/2015 7:03 PM
Posted by bripat42 on 5/11/2015 7:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by crickett13 on 5/11/2015 6:41:00 PM (view original):
I think it is still pretty big even with adv only affecting the projections of signed players.

Not being able to see current ratings for draft prospects means you have to spend more on Col and HS rather than ignoring projected and instead using current ratings and makeup. That's big but hasnt generated too much talk since most of us agree with it.

IFA's all asking for low dollar amounts is even bigger since now you cant spend 4-5 mil and hope to get lucky by just looking at demands. Again not much talk since this is how just about everyone thinks it should work.

Not being able to see historical ratings for other teams players makes advanced more important for most people. Right now we just wait 2 seasons of development and trade for prospects based on that. Would some people still use 0? Sure but they would now be put in the situation of not having any reliable information on other teams prospects so probably wouldn't trade for them at all. Others would bump it up in order to have better handle on trading for prospects. 

crickett, if I spend $20M on HS or Coll scouting, that buys me projections for all players my scouts see in that season's draft class, whether I draft them or not. Those projections will be "fuzzier" than they currently are, but they still should be better than "not having any reliable information."
I dont agree. I dont see any advantage to seeing guys if the ratings are not reliable.I have 0 adv and if adv is suddenly 4 times more important than it ever was it changes things drastically and my 10 10 16 may as well be 0 0 0. Seeing a lot of crappy projections is no better than seeing only a few crappy projections.
5/11/2015 7:44 PM (edited)
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/11/2015 6:47:00 PM (view original):
Have fun with the beginner edit rosters mode.    One move at a time will be a joy for three seasons.
crap forgot about that. Oh well then in that case I would like to know if I am dropping those worlds.
5/11/2015 7:39 PM
To me fuzzier means that at all levels, 2, 6, 10, 14, 16 or 20 mil they will be fuzzier than they were. Having run 0 adv I know I do not even look at projections for my players once they are signed because the ratings are so far off. If that 0 now affects projections for Int prospects then there will be no reason for me to sign any Int for at least 3 seasons and for the next 3 seasons I wont have any idea if the players I drafted in round 1 are any good. 

Some people may think of that as fun. I don't. It's a game. If it isn't fun why play?
5/11/2015 7:57 PM
  What it really boils down to is I don't enjoy the uncertainty that surrounds this topic.
5/11/2015 8:07 PM
Posted by bripat42 on 5/11/2015 8:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by crickett13 on 5/11/2015 7:57:00 PM (view original):
To me fuzzier means that at all levels, 2, 6, 10, 14, 16 or 20 mil they will be fuzzier than they were. Having run 0 adv I know I do not even look at projections for my players once they are signed because the ratings are so far off. If that 0 now affects projections for Int prospects then there will be no reason for me to sign any Int for at least 3 seasons and for the next 3 seasons I wont have any idea if the players I drafted in round 1 are any good. 

Some people may think of that as fun. I don't. It's a game. If it isn't fun why play?
Admin made it clear HS/Coll/Int'l scouting projections will be fuzzier. Based on what they posted, I see no reason to believe the level of fuzziness will be dictated by anything other than what is spent on HS/Coll/Int'l scouting. ADV has nothing to do with it -- not based on what admin posted anyway.

I'm continuing to respond, by the way, because I'm a bit surprised and mildly alarmed by what seems like a Chicken Little reaction on your part. In all seriousness, do we need to start looking for a new commish for our league?
Well since that league just started spring training and wont be affected by this till next season no reason to decide that just yet.
5/11/2015 8:19 PM
Probably been mentioned, but why not just consolidate scouting into 1 budget requirement? Won't see many owners setting that budget to $0.
5/11/2015 10:02 PM
Mostly because having 4 separate scouting budgets gives you flexibility and with this update if the 4 are kept separate then it forces you to make decisions on where and how to spend your money
5/11/2015 10:22 PM
Here, crickettlittle, is a way to solve your problem with one team.

Create your alias.   Take your team.  Ask ADMIN to transfer the team to crickettlittle before ST.    You're welcome.
5/11/2015 10:45 PM
When is Live play getting coming to HBD?
5/11/2015 11:00 PM
◂ Prev 1...41|42|43|44|45...54 Next ▸
Critical news debate Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.