Critical news debate Topic

5/11/2015 11:10 PM
Posted by crickett13 on 5/11/2015 7:57:00 PM (view original):
To me fuzzier means that at all levels, 2, 6, 10, 14, 16 or 20 mil they will be fuzzier than they were. Having run 0 adv I know I do not even look at projections for my players once they are signed because the ratings are so far off. If that 0 now affects projections for Int prospects then there will be no reason for me to sign any Int for at least 3 seasons and for the next 3 seasons I wont have any idea if the players I drafted in round 1 are any good. 

Some people may think of that as fun. I don't. It's a game. If it isn't fun why play?
Art this point there is too much speculation, you might as well wait and see once the changes go into effect if you like the  changes, then at that point you can decide whether to adjust or quit. In the meantime if your world rolls over before the changes take effect then the changes for your world won't go into effect until next season

.If your world does roll over before the changes go into effect you can hedge your bet by taking advanced scouting to 4, that way when it does roll over to the new changes you will be starting at 8 instead of 4, if the changes are not what you expected then next season move back down to 0
5/11/2015 11:54 PM
It says they take affect based on when your schedule is generated not based on when you roll.
5/12/2015 6:43 AM
Posted by plague on 5/11/2015 11:54:00 PM (view original):
To me fuzzier means that at all levels, 2, 6, 10, 14, 16 or 20 mil they will be fuzzier than they were. Having run 0 adv I know I do not even look at projections for my players once they are signed because the ratings are so far off. If that 0 now affects projections for Int prospects then there will be no reason for me to sign any Int for at least 3 seasons and for the next 3 seasons I wont have any idea if the players I drafted in round 1 are any good. 

Some people may think of that as fun. I don't. It's a game. If it isn't fun why play?
Art this point there is too much speculation, you might as well wait and see once the changes go into effect if you like the  changes, then at that point you can decide whether to adjust or quit. In the meantime if your world rolls over before the changes take effect then the changes for your world won't go into effect until next season

.If your world does roll over before the changes go into effect you can hedge your bet by taking advanced scouting to 4, that way when it does roll over to the new changes you will be starting at 8 instead of 4, if the changes are not what you expected then next season move back down to 0
  Simple fact is how the budget works is pretty basic info. I don't plan on playing a game where the basic structure is not revealed simply because I can think of no valid reason for admin not to give us such basic information.

I went through the GD fiasco when suddenly no one would tell us how things worked only to have it finally come out that they didn't know how it worked. Not doing it again.
5/12/2015 7:06 AM
Again, why do you need to know today?
5/12/2015 8:00 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/12/2015 8:00:00 AM (view original):
Again, why do you need to know today?
Why not today unless they don't know the answer?
5/12/2015 8:13 AM
I think I've explained that several times but I'll do it again just for you.

In the past, WifS has given extended notice to big changes.  I think they do this to gauge user reaction so, if they need/want to, they can adjust.   They may not have made the decision and/or aren't sure what they want/can do yet.   With the exception of a few, my speculation of ADV projecting IFA/domestic prospects has been met with "Meh, whatever.  I'll figure it out."    However, those few have been very vocal with "OMG!!!  THIS WILL RUIN THE GAME!!!!"   Either way, an immediate response isn't necessary because there are very few worlds(as in 1, Pete Rose) that filled/will fill since the announcement on Thursday afternoon.

Or, quite possibly, they haven't looked at this thread since Friday. 
5/12/2015 8:33 AM
And, again, if ADV works the way as it does now, it's not a big change.   Owners won't be compelled to move off of 0.   That's why I don't think it will work the same because, if it did, there's no need for a pre-announcement.   Unless, of course, being unable to see prospect currents/development history are the big changes.   Those will require some adjustment.  Not major but enough to think about.
5/12/2015 8:36 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/12/2015 8:33:00 AM (view original):
I think I've explained that several times but I'll do it again just for you.

In the past, WifS has given extended notice to big changes.  I think they do this to gauge user reaction so, if they need/want to, they can adjust.   They may not have made the decision and/or aren't sure what they want/can do yet.   With the exception of a few, my speculation of ADV projecting IFA/domestic prospects has been met with "Meh, whatever.  I'll figure it out."    However, those few have been very vocal with "OMG!!!  THIS WILL RUIN THE GAME!!!!"   Either way, an immediate response isn't necessary because there are very few worlds(as in 1, Pete Rose) that filled/will fill since the announcement on Thursday afternoon.

Or, quite possibly, they haven't looked at this thread since Friday. 
And I think I have explained several times there is no valid reason to not answer. If they have not made a decision then the answer to my question would be we have not made a decision yet.
5/12/2015 10:40 AM
If they're undecided on whether to move forward with big changes, scale back updates or remain status quo, that's more than enough reason to not answer.

What do you want from Prez Obama?   "Thanks for coming to this press conference.   I'm here to announce that I'm undecided on the issue at hand.  Thank you."

You seriously sound like a needy woman.   "JUST TELL ME SOMETHING!!!!"   You'll know when you need to know. 
5/12/2015 10:46 AM
Here's what to do:   Assume I am completely wrong and that IFA/domestic scouting projections will work as they always have.   Assume that I'm just stirring the pot to get the Nervous Nellies all up in arms.    That's even a fair assumption. 
5/12/2015 10:50 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/12/2015 10:46:00 AM (view original):
If they're undecided on whether to move forward with big changes, scale back updates or remain status quo, that's more than enough reason to not answer.

What do you want from Prez Obama?   "Thanks for coming to this press conference.   I'm here to announce that I'm undecided on the issue at hand.  Thank you."

You seriously sound like a needy woman.   "JUST TELL ME SOMETHING!!!!"   You'll know when you need to know. 
Obviously I won't know when I need to know or I already would know.

You sound like a woman with PMS
5/12/2015 11:15 AM
Posted by crickett13 on 5/12/2015 7:06:00 AM (view original):
Posted by plague on 5/11/2015 11:54:00 PM (view original):

Simple fact is how the budget works is pretty basic info. I don't plan on playing a game where the basic structure is not revealed simply because I can think of no valid reason for admin not to give us such basic information.

I went through the GD fiasco when suddenly no one would tell us how things worked only to have it finally come out that they didn't know how it worked. Not doing it again.
Yeah, that GD was a fiasco. I think a lot of old timers quit because of the hodge podge changes and the randomness of everything, I think some have come back since then.  I was getting tired of the game so I am glad I got out when I got out.
5/12/2015 11:24 AM
So you want to play some cards?

Sure what are you playing?

Poker.

Great deal me in.

We have some house rules.

What are they?

Oh don't worry about it you'll figure them out after a few hands.

What?

Come on now you mean you're not willing to lose $50 figuring it out for yourself. What a whiner.

Um yeah never mind I'll pass.
5/12/2015 11:38 AM
Are you "playing cards" right now without knowing the rules?

No?   Then what are you complaining about?   Because there MIGHT be new rules in two weeks and you want to know what they are now?   Yeah, that's reasonable.
5/12/2015 11:42 AM
◂ Prev 1...42|43|44|45|46...54 Next ▸
Critical news debate Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.