Critical news debate Topic

Wanna come over and play poker Memorial Day weekend?

Sure.

We have a few different rules.

Like What?

I'll go over them with you sometime in the next couple weeks before Memorial Day.

NO. YOU WILL TELL ME NOW OR I WILL NOT COME OVER AT ALL!

Um yeah, guess you won't be coming over then...
5/12/2015 11:52 AM
Pretty much covers it. 

crickett at Burger King:
What's in the secret sauce?
It's a "secret".
Screw you, I'm going somewhere else!!!!

crickett at the movies:
How's it going to end?
Sir, that's sort of the purpose of watching a movie.
Screw you, I'm going to go rent Jaws for the 72nd time!!!!

crickett at a football game:
Who's going to win?
We don't know.   That's why they play.
Screw you, I'm not sitting here for 3 hours without knowing the outcome!!!!
5/12/2015 11:56 AM
Mike everywhere

I'm right so shut up.
5/12/2015 1:06 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/12/2015 11:42:00 AM (view original):
Are you "playing cards" right now without knowing the rules?

No?   Then what are you complaining about?   Because there MIGHT be new rules in two weeks and you want to know what they are now?   Yeah, that's reasonable.
The reason I want to know is simple. I have 1 world that I believe will be affected by it and I would rather not leave the league hanging by leaving at the last moment. I always try and give as much notice as possible when I leave a world.
5/12/2015 1:09 PM
Not everywhere.  But most of the time.

Here's the answer to your problem in the world you think might be affected.    Create an alias.   Take the team.   Transfer to crickett after budgets reset.  

Seems like I've read this somewhere.  Oh, yeah, I told you that last night.   Quit acting like the world will end.  You have a solution, thanks to me, to cover your first world that's affected.   So say "thank you".
5/12/2015 1:50 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/11/2015 10:45:00 PM (view original):
Here, crickettlittle, is a way to solve your problem with one team.

Create your alias.   Take your team.  Ask ADMIN to transfer the team to crickettlittle before ST.    You're welcome.
Right here.
5/12/2015 1:53 PM
Stop acting like you're the only user who'll be affected by the changes(which may be big or small).   The rules and restrictions will be the same for everyone.   It's really not a big deal.    Unless that $8 a month you pay to play means you go without food one day a month.
5/12/2015 2:02 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/12/2015 2:02:00 PM (view original):
Stop acting like you're the only user who'll be affected by the changes(which may be big or small).   The rules and restrictions will be the same for everyone.   It's really not a big deal.    Unless that $8 a month you pay to play means you go without food one day a month.
Sure as soon as you stop acting like a pompous *** who knows everything.

Oh wait that will never happen just like I won't ever stop asking a company who I pay for a product to keep me informed in a manner I find acceptable. I don't really care what affects everyone since unlike you I don't try to speak for everyone or foist my opinions on everyone.

Mostly I'm responding because it seems to bother you so much that I want to have admin answer my question.

I haven't predicted doom for HBD,  I haven't even said much about how I feel having advanced as the way to see all projections is perhaps the worst idea you have presented. I have made no attempt to convince other people what a truly bad idea I think it is nor have I tried to talk anyone into quitting

I have simply asked for information that has always been given to us in the past and stated that if I can't get an answer I may drop out of a league I am in.

I am however loving the fact that my asking is evidently driving you nuts.
5/12/2015 2:35 PM
Good luck with that.  

I'm enjoying the "OMG!!!  I MAY HAVE TO DROP LEAGUES OR CREATE ALIASES!!!!" panic attack you're having.   You seem to have lost sight of several things:
1.  It's an internet game.   They could close the doors tomorrow.   They've shut down games before, they could do it again.    Then all your panic was for nothing.
2.  My speculation may be 100% off.   ADV may work as it always has.   Then all your panic was for nothing.
3.  My speculation may be 100% correct.  You'll be stuck in the same place as you are now.   Then all your panic was for nothing.

I guess, to summarize, regardless of what you know when, all your panic will be for nothing.  You do realize that you're the only person running around like your hair is on fire, right?
5/12/2015 2:54 PM
Posted by crickett13 on 5/12/2015 2:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/12/2015 2:02:00 PM (view original):
Sure as soon as you stop acting like a pompous *** who knows everything.

Oh wait that will never happen just like I won't ever stop asking a company who I pay for a product to keep me informed in a manner I find acceptable. I don't really care what affects everyone since unlike you I don't try to speak for everyone or foist my opinions on everyone.

Mostly I'm responding because it seems to bother you so much that I want to have admin answer my question.

I haven't predicted doom for HBD,  I haven't even said much about how I feel having advanced as the way to see all projections is perhaps the worst idea you have presented. I have made no attempt to convince other people what a truly bad idea I think it is nor have I tried to talk anyone into quitting

I have simply asked for information that has always been given to us in the past and stated that if I can't get an answer I may drop out of a league I am in.

I am however loving the fact that my asking is evidently driving you nuts.
I'm guessing that you have actually lost sleep over this update?
5/12/2015 3:48 PM
That would be silly.  But it's the last thing he thinks about before dozing off and the first thing he thinks about when he wakes.    And, most likely, what he dreams of all night long.
5/12/2015 4:07 PM
crickett has me concerned I am not obsessing enough about the update; foolish me was thinking it was just an internet hobby 
5/12/2015 4:10 PM
No, it's serious business.   We need info and we needed it yesterday.   He has a world that will likely roll within the next couple of weeks and he needs to get with his advisors on how to best handle these potential changes.   His Asian scouts can't just hop on a plane and be here tomorrow, you know.
5/12/2015 4:14 PM
I wish I had a world that would likely roll within the next couple of weeks.  Instead, I'm working on Billy Beane, and I haven't had anyone even kicking tires for a long, long time.  The thread in the classified forum isn't working at all.  
5/12/2015 4:40 PM
He doesn't have one either.   He just needs to know NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/12/2015 4:55 PM
◂ Prev 1...43|44|45|46|47...54 Next ▸
Critical news debate Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.