Where are the Red Sox Fans? Topic

The worst idea still was the one that expected an ace to emerge from a pile of #3 and #4 starters
6/17/2015 10:25 PM
Maybe the Sux will take a page from the Patriots handbook and start cheating. 
6/18/2015 3:45 PM
Posted by edsortails on 6/17/2015 10:25:00 PM (view original):
The worst idea still was the one that expected an ace to emerge from a pile of #3 and #4 starters
A little bit of good luck would have gone a long way.

There's no reason to think that Porcello will continue to be a 5+ ERA guy. Buchholtz should also be expected to get better results. He's allowed a .344 BABIP so far this year. Miley isn't a great option but there are worse #3 starters in baseball, even on contending teams.

The offense should have been better too. I don't think this team is fundamentally flawed. I just think that everything that could have gone wrong, has. They have a ton of youth, a very, very strong farm system, and money. I'd look at this season as a hiccup and expect much better next season.
6/18/2015 4:12 PM
Porcello is a #4 at BEST. I watched him for 4 years here in Detroit. He's got a great arm but absolutely NO brain. He has NO idea of what pitch to throw in what situation and he just goes to his average fastball and gets racked. He's got talent, but he still pitches like a kid, even thought he's been in the majors since he was 21.
6/19/2015 2:27 PM
Isn't that what catchers are for?
6/19/2015 2:32 PM
Posted by rsp777 on 6/19/2015 2:27:00 PM (view original):
Porcello is a #4 at BEST. I watched him for 4 years here in Detroit. He's got a great arm but absolutely NO brain. He has NO idea of what pitch to throw in what situation and he just goes to his average fastball and gets racked. He's got talent, but he still pitches like a kid, even thought he's been in the majors since he was 21.
Really? Because he threw 200+ innings with a 3.43 ERA last year.

How many "#4" type pitchers had an ERA under 4 last season and more than 200 IP?

3? 4, maybe?

A couple off the top of my head - Aaron Harang, Ian Kennedy...who else?

I doubt sub-3.50 ERA is his expected skill level going forward. But low 4's seams reasonable.

6/19/2015 2:48 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
so, is Brock Holt a super star savior type of player? no, not even close....he was, however, the only all star from this franchise

so he sits the bench in 3 of the first 4 games back from the break in one of the most lopsided 4 game series in recent memory......there is such a major house cleaning to be done here that it is hard to figure out where they should start....players? manager? front office?
7/20/2015 11:28 PM
THEY GONE!
7/21/2015 6:56 AM
FWIW, I'd start with marble-mouth Remy.    His commentary makes my ears bleed.
7/21/2015 6:56 AM
Might as well. His return from the DL has been a brick wall.
7/21/2015 3:06 PM
Worst record in the AL!
7/22/2015 3:25 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Where are the Red Sox Fans? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.