2014-15 Draft League Topic

Steven Adams
5/31/2015 2:37 PM
Posted by smokey57 on 5/31/2015 2:13:00 PM (view original):
This is bullshit, the draft order should start with robusk in this round.
Yeah. I think that is the consensus.
5/31/2015 2:46 PM
I'm on phone but I believe I just sent an SM for all upcoming people.
5/31/2015 2:48 PM
Posted by smokey57 on 5/31/2015 2:14:00 PM (view original):
If this is the draft order I'm out.
this is the same format ive always used in this league...you should have said something before we started if you had problem with it...we waited how long for the all-defense teams?..and you said nothing the whole time..it was always there on page 1 of the signups

and is there really that big of a difference between the players at the top of this round and the players at the bottom?...it shouldnt be enough of a difference to make you want to quit...sack up smokey
5/31/2015 2:53 PM
Aaron Brooks
5/31/2015 3:00 PM
Posted by dh555 on 5/31/2015 2:53:00 PM (view original):
this is the same format ive always used in this league...you should have said something before we started if you had problem with it...we waited how long for the all-defense teams?..and you said nothing the whole time..it was always there on page 1 of the signups

and is there really that big of a difference between the players at the top of this round and the players at the bottom?...it shouldnt be enough of a difference to make you want to quit...sack up smokey
Not only that, but I literally begged for a high draft position for days on the thread for a trade. If smokey wanted to switch draft spots with me he. could have done that, and he could have easily milked so many additonal picks as well (as scudmissile successfully did).

While we're on this subject, I think any of the top six draft spots are still way, way, wat better than any other draft spot. Yes, it's not like last year where any of the picks are as dominant as durant or lebron. but even in past years, the teams that have had the 3rd pick, 4th pick, 5th pick, etc and have drafted the other top players (players who are comparable or worse than the top this year) have still on average performed way better than teams lower in the draft. It's not even close. And in my spreadsheet google docs I've posted in the past, it's been reflected in the teams with top picks (not just lebron or durant) usually outperforming teams with lower picks. And on my spreadsheet for this year where I estimate value by comparing salary per minute values to replacement level values, the top picks are still by far the best position, even this year. That's why I paid a ransom to get scud's top 5 pick.

In fact, last year, if my memory serves me correctly, only one team outside of the top 10 had a top 4 squad in either conference.

So smokey (and the others), stop complaining about the format. If anything, I'd suggest that the format be even further helpful for bottom drafting teams if possible. This format has been posted for weeks. It's the same as past years. You literally had the best picks. I have far worse draft slots than you do because I had to trade a ransom to move up (a trade you could have easily made as well and gotten even better picks from me for) yet my team is perfectly fine with minutes and quality.

Sorry if I'm coming off as harsh, but it's absurd that halfway thru the draft and you try to hold everyone hostage by saying you're out.. even though you had the 2nd best pick in the draft. unbelievable
5/31/2015 3:37 PM
Was going to go Steven Adams to steer clear of the fray, but since he's gone I have to take Biyombo.
5/31/2015 3:38 PM
Posted by dh555 on 5/31/2015 2:53:00 PM (view original):

I agree. I don't like it but it was posted before and the rules are the rules.
5/31/2015 3:47 PM
Aminu
5/31/2015 4:02 PM
I'm here, I will make my pick in about 10 minutes
5/31/2015 4:10 PM
Paul Pierce
5/31/2015 4:22 PM
Sorry can't sitemail
5/31/2015 4:22 PM
Posted by skypilot on 5/31/2015 4:02:00 PM (view original):
Aminu
there's a keeper...
5/31/2015 4:23 PM
Jordan Clarkson
5/31/2015 4:35 PM
Kemba Walker

smail ahead
5/31/2015 5:02 PM
◂ Prev 1...17|18|19|20|21...30 Next ▸
2014-15 Draft League Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.