Posted by guyo26 on 5/24/2015 6:17:00 PM (view original):
SPD, ATH, FT and to a lesser extent DEF.  I had a kid with very little PER and LP score like 1400+ pts with crazy efficiency in D3.  To me in FB/press sets I almost (almost, although PER can be great) ignore LP and PER for FT and SPD/ATH
+100....i run fb/fcp at Rollins (Smith, D2) and have 19 of the top 25 scorers in team history. speed kills and add a A+ off/def to the mix = a lot of layups/steal and ft attempts. LP/PER (in my opinion) is the least important skill for fb - much less important than sp/ath/def/bh/ft/stamina.<br />
<br />
8/22/2015 9:55 AM
Posted by crazyivan on 8/22/2015 9:55:00 AM (view original):
Posted by guyo26 on 5/24/2015 6:17:00 PM (view original):
SPD, ATH, FT and to a lesser extent DEF.  I had a kid with very little PER and LP score like 1400+ pts with crazy efficiency in D3.  To me in FB/press sets I almost (almost, although PER can be great) ignore LP and PER for FT and SPD/ATH
+100....i run fb/fcp at Rollins (Smith, D2) and have 19 of the top 25 scorers in team history. speed kills and add a A+ off/def to the mix = a lot of layups/steal and ft attempts. LP/PER (in my opinion) is the least important skill for fb - much less important than sp/ath/def/bh/ft/stamina.<br />
<br />
i disagree with the lp and per being less important but i also play at high d1 . so depends where your talking about playing also 
8/23/2015 8:55 AM
1)https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=3048114

2)https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=3048115

Which guy is better coming off bench in fb
8/23/2015 5:40 PM
Id go with ralph he seems more well rounded, neither looks like they will do much so ralph will hurt less in less areas that sousa, keep him at -2 just let him drive with a decent 40 lp for a guard and steady bh and pass hes more suited for the 2 definatly 
8/23/2015 6:22 PM
Posted by crzyballplay on 8/23/2015 6:22:00 PM (view original):
Id go with ralph he seems more well rounded, neither looks like they will do much so ralph will hurt less in less areas that sousa, keep him at -2 just let him drive with a decent 40 lp for a guard and steady bh and pass hes more suited for the 2 definatly 
Ok. The reason I was asking is because of Sosa bh at 91 and ft at b-. Thanks
8/23/2015 6:33 PM
ya i would only play sosa at pg though , hes not really going to score or get assists but will keep the to's down some and with low speed for a pg his scoring abilities will be diminished 
8/23/2015 6:45 PM
heres the thing - you can have quality mid tier scorers with less lp and per than in other sets. but you still need good lead scorers, who still need good offensive ratings, in the traditional sense. so its a bit more complicated than simply, do you need less lp/per or do you not? i take some responsibility for perpetrating the lower need for lp/per idea... i think it got taken slightly out of context. if you look at my top scorers on fb teams, they have just as much lp/per as other teams. and, i push those guys very hard, all my best fb teams had a 20 ppg scorer, maybe even 2. but for the mid tier of scoring, you absolutely can "do more with less", so to speak. after focusing on offense in a couple players, you can half ignore it for the rest of the team, allowing you to focus more on other things - depth, defense, reb, guard skills. 

anyway, thats my take on it, i think its unfortunate that my comments on this have lead to sort of a universal idea that lp/per is less important, but there is really some truth in that, its just that for your top scorers, its always critical to have elite scoring ratings. 
8/23/2015 6:48 PM
x
7/7/2017 11:16 AM
Funny that you just bumped this thread a couple day ago Trenton. I was just doing a search for tips on the fastbreak offense, since I'm working on a D1 rebuild that runs it. Took me a minute to realize that most of it was written in 2015, but still seems viable. Definitely good points to consider when building a FB team.
7/9/2017 10:09 AM
Yeah, I am starting a FB/MAN team and this thread is gold....
7/9/2017 11:33 AM
I think the problem with fastbreak coupled with press at the division 1 level is the depth you need to successfully run this game plan.

Building successful teams is more about the quality of players you recruit. Grabbing a couple of top recruits usually means you spend so much money and attention points into those players that you have nothing left for quality depth. If you spend money on low rated players to fill out your depth then you take away from resources in future seasons to grab the top recruits, it becomes a vicious cycle that hinders you from winning a National Championship.

One advantage is almost no top teams play fastbreak, if you can somehow get a prestige in the A's using fastbreak you will have a big advantage with recruits whose preference is Fastbreak and Press allowing you a much higher chance to win those recruits.
7/9/2017 5:04 PM
Utah just won a D1 Title using FB/Press.

Scramento State just went to the D1 title game using FB/Press
7/9/2017 5:14 PM
Posted by Benis on 7/9/2017 5:14:00 PM (view original):
Utah just won a D1 Title using FB/Press.

Scramento State just went to the D1 title game using FB/Press
Guess I am incorrect.

I only play in 1 world so that is the extent of my experience. I just went through the top 25 and no teams in the top 25 run fastbreak.
7/10/2017 2:22 AM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.