May 26th Update - Feedback Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 6/4/2015 12:43:00 PM (view original):
6/2/2015 2:39 PM MikeT23
I've noticed slight differences in ratings on prospect player cards and the draft board. Usually just a couple of points but I did run across a C with a 6 range difference. Additionally, every player I checked had a 0 temper on his card.

No idea if this is intentional, if it can be exploited or if it's a flaw but thought I'd bring it up. My scouting is 0 HS/10 College.

Thanks
Mike
6/4/2015 10:53 AM Customer Support
We are investigating and will deploy fix. thank you
I had not noticed the ratings differences, but I do see the 0 temper difference between the draft board and the player cards.

They did say that "a new fuzzier projected rating system" would be coming, but it would only be for worlds that roll after 5/26.  Perhaps part of that code is actually effective now.  I would guess because of the 0 temper issue, that the "new" code is working on the player cards, and the "old" code is still in effect on the draft board (?).
6/4/2015 12:54 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/4/2015 12:51:00 PM (view original):
I assume you're responding to something but not the issue on my ticket.    Regardless of time of creation, we shouldn't see different ratings on draft board/player card.
I was following up on my previous response to dgtrache.  Your post snuck in between.

Agreed, what we see should be consistent.
6/4/2015 12:56 PM
My post was not sneaking.

The ratings difference is only a point or two in most cases.    But I did see a C with a range of 0 and 6.   Not a big deal for a C but, for a MIF/CF, 6 points is a lot.
6/4/2015 1:01 PM
For the #1 guy on my board, his control/splits are the same but his pitches are not.    Doesn't make much difference as he's the #1 guy on my board(who I'm not getting) but it could make a huge difference at 15-20.   Those guys are closely bunched and a few points moves a guy up/down 3-4 spots.   And that's one of the guys I'm getting. 
6/4/2015 1:04 PM
The #2 guy has a point diff in A/S, spd and 2 points in health.   The rest is the same.   No big deal.
6/4/2015 1:06 PM
The first draft in MG since the change.   Both of us got our #1 picks and, after seeing currents we're pretty happy.

20th pick(20m)
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Lawrence Clark

25th pick(10m)
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Sammy Houston
6/5/2015 12:04 PM
Mike, did decent player slip further in the draft?  Is it too early to tell?  I'm trying to figure out what supplemental picks might be worth now compared to prior to the change while assessing whether or not to resign some free agents
6/6/2015 12:02 AM
It's probably too early to tell.   Clark, at 20th, looks like he could be an ace.   Houston could be a solid #2.    If we could see currents, I don't think either drops that far.   The comp picks have some pretty good looking players but, at this point, I don't see any that I think should have been top 15. 
6/6/2015 7:00 AM
Interesting situation with IFA's and the new update....

Why are the 'projected ratings' different? From the main IFA page where it lists all the IFAs and their 'projected ratings' I see different numbers from what I see when I click on each player individually. Is that part of the fuzzier player projections? I don't know why I'd see different projected ratings on 2 different pages.

My IFA scouting is at 14-- I'm assuming part of the fuzzier projections are that the further away from 20 you are the more of a gap in the projections you have? So if I'm at 20 I would see the pretty similar ratings but if I were at 0 Int'l scouting I would have a guy showing 20 vR and the same guy showing 70 vR essentially giving me no idea where he falls?

6/8/2015 12:02 PM
Looks like they just addressed the ratings mismatch with today's update.
6/8/2015 1:03 PM

06/08/2015

• Several bug fixes including - GM page player movement count totals related to players being activated/deactivated - International Prospects page is now in synch with Prospect Profile - Temper, Pitch 4 & Pitch 5 projected ratings are now in synch between prospect profile & Amateur Draft Prospects
6/8/2015 1:32 PM
I keep reading how this game isn`t trying to be realistic as much as it is trying to make changes for better simulation and better for users so why don`t they fix the injury problem?I have a team where my top 3 SP have had serious injuries in the last 2 seasons.And while i understand and appreciate the need for injuries in the game.even serious ones the lack of recovery is stupid and driving me away from the game.All 3 are 3-5 points lower than when they got hurt.Plenty of pitcher have surgeries in real life and by year 2 have recovered to previous form.Paying $25 and having a season ruined by a injury is one thing but to have players never be able to fully recover and ruining several seasons isn`t worth the money.They make all these changes to little crap that doesn`t matter but ignore major things that drive new owners out of the game before they have a chance to get hooked.
6/10/2015 3:45 PM
How much do you have in medical?   Are you aware of the 60-day DL recovery cycles?
6/10/2015 5:32 PM
I carry 20 training and 16 medical.They had 99,93 & 76 health ratings and one was for 154 days and the other 2 were over 200 days.
6/10/2015 8:40 PM
Yeah, I don't care about health rating or days.   Do you put them on the 60 day DL?    If you do, do you get 2 recovery bumps?
6/10/2015 8:43 PM
◂ Prev 1...21|22|23|24|25|26 Next ▸
May 26th Update - Feedback Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.