Unpopular Opinions Topic

What are some opinions you all have that are unpopular?
I.e. A popular change that people want to see is to be able to pick what categories you get potential for when doing scouting trips.  I disagree and think it is fine as is and if a change like this was ever made scouting trips should become much more expensive to offset the added advantage of being able to see potential for specific categories.  
6/2/2015 11:56 AM
I don't know about specific cAtegories, but having it somyou spend twenty scouting trips and it avoids athleticism in every single one is a. It much.
6/2/2015 12:12 PM
Personally, I'd like to see the whole low/average/high/high-high potential categories done away with as I feel it gives too clear a picture for where a player might finish ratings-wise for the $ expenditure one makes. I can FSS an entire state and have a reasonably good image of what players will look like by their senior seasons...sure the high-highs you have to scout for, but more than once I've foregone that element to save a few bucks because "even if it's only a low-high, 21 points onto that rating will make him solid enough, anything above that is icing on the cake." 

I'd like to see it more like Madden (or at least how Madden used to be since it's been a few years since I consoled and may well have changed by now) where you get a range for each attribute...Player A's Ath 35-75, Spd 55-95, Reb 1-15, etc....FSS would obviously narrow the ranges for the players in the state more than the baseline and subsequent scout trips would pinch those ranges in tighter to the actual attribute cap, getting rid of the annoying I-sent-my-scout-on-eight-trips-and-never-got-a-speed-report situation. If you really want to be creative, you can have something where you assign points to your scout...maybe you want him focusing more on Ath and Def, so assign more points there so the range in those attributes pinches a bit more on a single trip than it does for, say, shot blocking. 

I've also thought it would be fun to have the HD equivalent of HBD's "diamonds in the rough" where you come into a season and potentially get a random email from your assistant coach "Wow, <Player X> must have really worked on their game over the summer. I saw him playing a pickup game in the gym and he looks like a totally different player." and then you'd discover said player's caps in random categories have been bumped up a handful of points. 

6/2/2015 1:21 PM
Making people "retire" after 30 years at a school.  Make them switch to another or something.
6/2/2015 1:37 PM
1) I get to win all the titles

2) No one can have multiple teams in a world, effective immediately.
6/2/2015 1:52 PM
there should be more 2x worlds than 1x worlds.
6/2/2015 2:35 PM
@ d2 and d3, if you are going to schedule sims for the next season, always play them on the road.
6/2/2015 2:36 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 6/2/2015 2:35:00 PM (view original):
this is UNpopular?
6/2/2015 2:36 PM
Posted by jtt8355 on 6/2/2015 2:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by the0nlyis on 6/2/2015 2:35:00 PM (view original):
this is UNpopular?
I thought it was...
6/2/2015 2:40 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by the0nlyis on 6/2/2015 2:47:00 PM (view original):
also the game needs changing, a lot of people really seem against any sort of change
mostly people who have been around long enough to realize that change is a risky proposition in these parts since the devs aren't able to provide any real time or effort here...
6/2/2015 3:01 PM
Start one new World please!!!
6/2/2015 3:02 PM
Posted by wvufan76 on 6/2/2015 3:02:00 PM (view original):
Start one new World please!!!
start a new world with all D3 teams seeded with identical players (give them different names). Start the race to the A+ baseline schools from an even playing field...
6/2/2015 3:04 PM
Posted by jtt8355 on 6/2/2015 2:36:00 PM (view original):
@ d2 and d3, if you are going to schedule sims for the next season, always play them on the road.
I wouldn't call this unpopular.

I would also say it's wrong. I guess that's unpopular.
6/2/2015 4:55 PM
If you are starting a freshmen, start your freshmen for the entire season until player growth stops, or at least the CT, and don't worry about this 80% nonsense.
6/2/2015 4:58 PM
1234 Next ▸
Unpopular Opinions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.